Who the hell writes in books

Markjin one shots

Meet Jinyoung. A top notch straight a student with a huge crush on the school's "bad boy". Not the best combination you would say. No one knew anyways and Jinyoung could just silently observe Mark Tuan from a distance. Which is what he did, preferably on a daily basis.

He rushed towards the school library. Hopefully he was lucky and managed to find what he was looking for. But the odds didn't seem to be in his favour today.

First he had slept in and almost forgotten his bag. Then he had actually forgotten his lunch and he found out some of his homework was still at home. He had been assigned a group project, which he hated, and during p.e. a ball had hit his face and almost broke his glasses. Yeah today was amazing.

He arrived at the library, panting like he had just ran a marathon. He threw the door open almost knocking someone down with it. He quickly apologized and sped past the person, not noticing it was none other than Mark Tuan. The lather followed him with his eyes and chuckled a little at the determination with which Jinyoung was speeding through the library.

He quickly made it to the section of the library the contained the textbooks. He had actually forgotten books too but knew that, if he was lucky, the library would still have a copy. An English book, all he needed was an English book. His eyes slid over dozens of book titles trying to pick out the one he needed. Dread began boiling in his stomach as he neared the  bottom of the book case. Suddenly his eyes fell on a book tucked away below the case.

He squatted and picked it up, thinking someone must have dropped it. To his surprise it was the excact book he had been looking for. Without hesitating he shot up and speed walked towards the desk to borrow the book. Without losing time he almost sprinted out of the library and made it to his classroom in time. He dropped himself on a chair and sighed heavily. At least he managed to get a book. He heard someone chuckle next to him as a heavy body dropped in the chair next to him.

"I must say, you look terrific" Jackson joked. He growled.

"Yeah, I've had a terrific day too" he said sarcastically.

"Yeah where were you during lunch" he asked curiously.

"Catching up on homework" he admitted with another sigh. Forgetting homework didn't mean he wouldn't do it, so he caught up on most things during his break.

"The Park Jinyoung was catching up on homework" Jackson laughed "must have been a really bad day"

He laughed humourlessly and stared at the book he had just got from the library. It looked fine, maybe a little old. He opened the book and immediately cringed as he saw the first page. It was completely full with text written in blue pen. A huge list of book titles scribbled down in a neat hand writing. As he flipped through the rest of the book he saw more things written in there. Little notes, extra comments, or just random doodles or things to remember. At some places this person had even corrected the book where he had thought it was wrong.

But still, who the hell writes in books.

He looked at the corrections. His English wasn't advanced enough to say if they were actually correct or not. He nudged Jackson with his elbow.

"Hey, is this right" he asked pointing at an entire sentence crossed out and rewritten. Jackson's eyes narrowed.

"As far as I know the correcting is right" Jackson admitted "this person knew what he was doing"

Just as he was about to go through the rest of the book the teacher came in and ushered them to be quiet. He looked up as she started writing stuff on the board and he went back to the correct page. As the lesson went on he noticed that this person's corrections were indeed correct. At one point he even corrected the teacher with his new found knowledge. Jackson shot him daggers with his glance but he just chuckled it off.

After class he was finally freed from something he usually liked but had felt like hell today. But of course he wasn't done. He returned to the library, this time making sure not to hit someone with a door and sat down at a table. He took the English book from his bag and started going through it again. The entire book was scribbled full with text, not a single page left untouched. He turned back to the list of book titles. None of them seemed familiar to him.

He decided to go through the library to look for the first title. It took him a while to find it, but when he looked inside the book, this one too had notes scribbled all over it. So did the next five titles on the list. The sixth book that he went trough was still untouched. He looked back at the list. This was definitely the book, but apparently this stranger had not had the time to correct and put his notes in it yet. He grabbed the book and went back to his spot.

He grabbed a pen and a sticky note and started writing a note for the next person to read.

Dear, I don't know who  
I have found your writings in an English text book and a few more English books, and would like to request you to stop this book abuse instantly.

He was about to stick the note in when he changed his mind. He went back to grab the first book on the list. He went trough it reading the notes the person had written next to the text. These were on contrary, not corrections, but simply comments on the book. The person that had written them had critically given his opinion about the book and he couldn't deny that his opinion was pretty professional. This person knew what he was talking about. Jinyoung, as the book lover he was, loved the comments but at the same time wanted to strangle this stranger for writing in a book.

Without hesitating he stuck the note in the other book and put both of them back. But not without adding another line to his note.

I do enjoy reading your comments though, maybe try sticky notes.
~
He decided to keep the English book and noticed that the comments were a big help when it got to him doing English homework or assignments. His English grades even went up considerably. He got a lot of weird looks from Jackson over time for that. Jackson had often offered him tutoring but he, being the stubborn person he was, had never accepted it. It's fair to say English wasn't his best subject, but that had now all changed.
~
He was the only person left in the library. It was Friday evening and naturally there wasn't anyone here anymore. Except for the librarian probably. He got up and decided to take a look at the book he had left a note in for the strange note leaver, just to see if he had read the book already. As he scanned the row of books in the back of the library he saw someone sitting in a chair behind the book case reading a book.

Funny, he had thought he was the only one left. He peeked through the gap between the books and had to hold back a gasp of surprise. Mark Tuan, infamous 'bad boy' of the school, was sitting there, casually reading a book. He watched as Mark took the lid off a pen and started writing something on a sticky note and stuck in in the book. His eyes shot back to the books and he quickly found the book he was looking for.

He opened it to see it full of sticky notes of different colours, all filled with comments.

Mark Tuan was the secret commenter guy.

He looked back at Mark to find him already looking at him. He smiled a little and put one finger on his lips, signaling for him to keep quiet about this. He nodded with a poker face and returned to his seat. He silently started reading the book, comments included.

It took him a while to finish the book, his English still wasn't that great, but the comments made it way more enjoyable. They made him laugh or just really think about the meaning of the book. When he finally finished the book he felt like he had never understood a book better. To his surprise there was one last note stuck to the inside of the books cover.

I apologize, and hope this suits you better. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Was all it said. He smiled unconsciously. It felt like his crush on Mark just doubled.
~
He continued reading the next books on the list. And all of them contained a last note along the lines of the first. A random conclusion and that he hoped Jinyoung had enjoyed the book. The comments really gave him insight in Mark's thoughts and opinions and he found that he agreed with him very often. His comments also showed that he was a lot more intelligent than he made it seem.

Without realising it he slowly neared the end of the list. When he finally got to the last book he only realised when he had finished it that it was actually the last. And what made him realise was the last note.

Hey
I know you have no idea who I am, but this was the last book. There's a fair coming up this weekend. Want to meet up? I'll wait for you at the entrance.

He gasped. Mark Tuan wanted to meet him. Well he didn't know who he was. But he would be dissapointed if he found out it was Jinyoung. After all he could never reach Mark's level.
~
He smirked as he saw Jinyoung gasp. He must have read the last note. He had been watching Jinyoung the entire time, way before the whole book thing started. He was just adorable and caring and a lovely person. You couldn't possibly not fall for him. Jinyoung probably had no clue who he was, and to be honest, he was nervous to meet him. What if Jinyoung believed all the bad things people said about him? What if he hated him?

He sighed. It was funny to watch Jinyoung go through book after book, knowing that his English wasn't that great. His reactions were the best and he had made him laugh often. He had started adoring him even more, if that was even possible. It had been a huge step to ask him to meet up. And what if he didn't even show up? He sighed. Maybe he should just stop overthinking it.
~
He had dressed up. He had actually dressed up. He would never admit it of course. His mom had thrown him a few weird looks as he had stumbled around the house looking for his shoes. He never wore those shoes.

"Do I know her" his mother had asked at one point. He had just awkwardly laughed and said that he was going with Jackson. Even then his mother had looked at him weirdly. He had rushed out of the house and towards the town's fair. It was huge and looked very nice with all the lights in the dark of the falling night. When he arrived he saw Mark casually leaning against the gates used for the entrance. Suddenly his nerves took over.

He quickly scooted behind a tree and inhaled deeply. He wasn't ready for this, why on earth was he even doing this. He was about to turn around and leave again when he heard a low quiet voice.

"The entrance is that way"

He spun around to come eye to eye with none other than Mark. He held back a gasp and took a step back. Mark smiled a little.

"Sorry, I didn't want to scare you" he said with a sheepish and very cute smile.

"You knew who I was" he uttered.

"You don't seem so surprised about me either" he countered. He chuckled and raised his hands.

"Guilty as charged" he said. 

"Let's go then" Mark lifted his arm and he hesitantly linked his hand through it. They walked toward the entrance for real this time and entered the huge fair. All around them were flashing coloured lights and loud music and he smiled a little. He always found things like this to be really enjoyable. Mark next to him smiled too. All the nervousness had faded away and he felt extremely comfortable around Mark.

Suddenly it fully hit him what was going on. He was walking around a fair arms linked with Mark Tuan, the guy he had a huge crush on. His smile grew a little.

"So, did you enjoy the books" Mark asked.

"I did, your comments made them a lot more understandable" he admitted. Mark nodded next to him. Suddenly Mark gasped. He quickly turned and followed the direction of his eyes. He saw a game stand, and apparently one of the prices you could win was a huge white teddy bear. He chuckled at Mark's reaction.

"What" Mark exclaimed "anyone would want to have that" he said. He chuckled again.

"Try for it then" he proposed.

"I at aiming" Mark said. He looked over and saw the game included throwing balls at a target. If you hit all of them you'd get the teddy bear. 

"I could try" he offered. The fact that he and not Mark, the guy that was supposedly all sporty, was doing a ball throwing game, blew his mind. But he could at least try. When he was younger he used to be great at these things.

"You would" Mark exclaimed. He now fully realised how much of a soft little squishy ball of fluff Mark was, completely opposite from what everyone said about him. He nodded and they walked over. After he insisted he wanted to, Mark paid for five balls and he lined up with the target. He suddenly realised how long ago it had been since he had done this.

The first was a hit. Okay, he though, off to a good start. The second was a hit too, but it almost wasn't. The third was a solid hit. The fourth one was close, but it still knocked the target over. Just one more.

The fifth went flying straight past it. Next to him Mark's smile faded into a small pout that was still extremely adorable. The lady behind the stand looked at him with pity in her eyes. She slowly came a little closer.

"Let's just say I happened to not see that last throw" she whispered as she got a teddy bear from a shelf and handed it to him. He immediately turned and passed it on to Mark who looked delighted. He turned back to thank the lady but she just threw him a knowing look and stalked off to help new customers. He turned back to mark who he almost couldn't see because of the huge teddy bear. He laughed as his head popped up behind it.

"Thanks" he said.

"You're welcome" he said with a smile.
~
He stared at the huge teddy bear sitting on his bed. He reminded him of Jinyoung in some way. He smiled. The way Jinyoung had won the bear was just extremely cute. He must say, the fact that he had done it had surprised him. He would've never been able to do it. He jumped on his bed and burried his head into the thick fur of the teddy bear. He smiled. Today had been great. He was still all giddy. Was this really what love felt like?
~
He stared at the note. Today when he entered the library there had been a book waiting for him. Someone had left him a book. He had flipped through it and found only one note in the back of the book. A note with a phone number.

He had quickly removed the note. Didn't Mark know what kind of risk he was taking by putting his phone number on a note in a library book. After doing that he also hadn't hesitated to put the phone number in his phone. Wait. Did this mean he had to text Mark first. He had quickly borrowed the book and left the library again.

He made his way towards the toilets and locked himself up in one of the stalls. He stared at the phone number intensly.

Are you an idiot, you have no idea who could have found your phone number.

Ah, someone found my number

This isn't funny

I know you're secretly laughing right now

He chuckled.

Alright
But still

Well it didn't go wrong, did it?

You're just lucky

Very
Do read the book though

Was the last thing he sent. He smiled widely. He got out of the stall and took a seat in front of his next classroom. He took out the book and started reading.
~
That day he was at school till late again when he got a text. He wondered who it could be, as no one ever texted him, when he remembered he had Mark's number now.

"Rooftop" was all it said. He frowned and re-read the text. And re-read it, and re-read it. He immediately packed his bag and left the library. He rushed towards the back of the school and went up the stairs running along the outside of the walls. He arrived on top out of breath and saw Mark lying on his back staring up at the sky. It was already dark outside but not completely yet.

He dropped his bag and sat down. Mark looked up at him and then back to the almost lowered sun. He dropped his head on Mark's stomach and looked up too. Suddenly he felt Mark's fingers play with his hair. He felt extremely comfortable and warm inside. A little nervous even, being so close to Mark.

"You know, I never expected you to read" he said softly, like speaking out loud would ruin the moment. Mark chuckled.

"No I don't seem like the person for it do I" he said, speaking just as softly.

"Then what are you a person for" he asked lifting his head to look at Mark.

Without even noticing it Mark brought his face really close to his.

"Stupid decisions" he said. Immediately Mark's lips collided with his. He barely had time to respond before Mark backed away again.

"Told you" he said and dropped back down. He looked at him.

"Why did you ask me to come up here" he asked.

"Stupid desicion" Mark said eyes once more on the night sky.

"Very" he answered as he made a brave move and hovered his face above Mark's.

"Sorry for blocking the view" he said. Mark smiled.

"You could be the view too" he said. He felt himself blush.

"Do you really think that was stupid" he asked suddenly insecure.

"Yeah" he sighed out "cause I know you'll never like me back"

"So it's not because you know you're about ten times to good for me, and you actually shouldn't be doing this" he asked seriously. Mark burst out laughing. 

"If anyone is too good for someone, it would be you being too good for me" Mark managed to say between laughs. He blushed again. He dropped his head and hid it in the crook of Mark's neck. He felt Mark's arms hesitate before they wrapped securely around him.

"Yeah very stupid" he said.

"What" Mark asked, suddenly surprised.

"How could I not like you back" he said with a sly smile. He lifted his head and looked at Mark. His expression was priceless. He inched a little closer.

"What" Mark asked again, completely dumbfounded.

Instead of answering he just kissed him, the stars being the only ones witnessing their growing love.