Started off wrong

Markjin one shots

He was casually walking towards his first class, which in fact he knew he was late for, not even trying to speed up and make it in time. He had to stop at his locker first anyway. Just as he rounded a corner he was hit by something soft and solid and went plummeting straight to the ground the object he hit, which he noticed was a person, falling right on top of him.

A red flushed face with dark brown eyes was staring straight back at him, their noses only inches away from touching. The glasses the boy was wearing threatening to slide from his nose any moment. He stared up at the person in confusion before his face returned to its usual straight expression. The two hands of the boy dissapeared quickly from next to his head as the guy scrambled to his feet. He growled and heaved himself up from the floor.

He looked at the boy, who was actually slightly taller with an annoyed expression, and decided he already hated this person.

"Well, aren't you going to apologise" he sneered. The boy stared straight into his eyes his face once again flushing, but now it seemed to be from anger.

"You ran into me just as much as I ran into you" he said as a matter of factly "so I don't see a reason for me to apologise" he continued.

"Oh really" he said softly walking a little closer to the guy, he didn't back away "You don't seem to know who I am" he said. The guy's eyes were burning as they bore into his. He smirked slightly. "You'll find out soon enough" he finished mysteriously and stalked off to his class.

He opened the door lazily and felt the stared of the entire face on him. He grinned at them and looked towards the teacher. She sighed desperately.

"Detention Tuan" she sighed out pointing him towards his seat. He grinned a little wider, they both knew he wasn't going to turn up, and made his way to his seat.

Just seconds after he sat down a soft knock came on the door. The teacher got up and left the room. The whole class, including Mark, watched the door with curiosity as they heard their teacher talk to someone. After a minute or so the door opened again and the teacher came back in. Together with someone.

All he could do was stare at the guy who had a look of utmost horror on his face as he stared back, as he faintly heard the teacher say "this is Park Jinyoung and he just moved here, I expect you to all take good care of him" she turned towards him and said "You're excused for being late, please take a seat next to mister Tuan" she added and pointing at the only empty seat right next to him. His grin got if possibly even wider as the boy, Jinyoung, made his was towards him reluctantly.

"Didn't think we'd meet this soon again" he said softly.

"Mister Tuan, eyes on the board and mouth shut please" his teacher's voice rang trough the class. He looked up at her and smiled innocently. Jinyoung turned his head slightly to look at him in disgust and then started to look for his books.

"Now now, not so sour" he chimed.

"Shut up" Jinyoung hissed at him.

"Why so hostile" he asked innocently. Jinyoung turned to look at him again and threw him a look of disbelief before turning back to his book.

"You know, I actually forgot my book, mind to share" he said with a grin. Jinyoung roughly pushed the book towards the centre of the table and leaned his face on his hands. He smiled and decided to cut the guy some slack, he was new after all. He fake huffed in disbelief at his rudeness and started flicking through the pages.

When it was finally time for lunch he quietly followed the new guy thought the corridors. He finally sat down in a quiet corner and took out a book. He decided to inch a little closer just to annoy him.

"What do you want Tuan" he asked without looking up from his book.

"Oh nothing, I was just passing" he said. Jinyoung hummed obviously not believing a word he said.

"What are you reading" he asked, trying to stretch the time he could annoy him.

"Why do you care" Jinyoung answered shattering his plan.

"Look Park, I'm not a person you want to mess with" he threatened.

"Oh really" Jinyoung said finally looking up "because it seems like you're the one that's messing with me right now" he spat. He chuckled a little and walked off slowly leaving Jinyoung to boil in his annoyance. His smile widened and he made his was towards the school cafeteria.

The rest of the week went on like this, but Mark noticed teasing alone lost a bit of its fun. He had to find something else to get Jinyoung worked up. Jinyoung was for one surprisingly unimpressed by his insults. Not that he needed to impress him, he just wanted a reaction from him.

He was studying Jinyoung from his table. He sat there reading again and he seemed very concentrated as his tongue was poking from his mouth. He looked cute. What, no. He had already thought about and agreed on this they weren't friends. He hated the guy's guts, and Jinyoung seemed to hate him equally as much.

"Yo Mark" a voice called out as a finger snapped in front of his face.

"Hmmm" he hummed uninterested, not looking away from Jinyoung.

"You're staring again" Jackson chuckled out.

"So" he asked now turning towards his best friend.

"So, what's the plan" Jackson grinned.

"Plan" he asked, a little clueless.

"Yeah, what's the plan, what do you want to do to that pathetic nerd" Jackson explained impatiently.

"I don't know yet" he said avoiding the topic. He didn't know why he was so reluctant, usually it didn't bother him at all to let Jackson and some of his other friends tease or even bully people. He never participated, he was more of the brains behind the operation. His attitude did show that he was up to no good, but he had an image to uphold.

He heard Jackson sigh.

"What's taking you so long this time" he asked annoyed. Jackson did really need him, without his plans there was no way he could get away with everything he did.

"You've used up all the plans I had, I have to get up with something new again and again, you don't want them getting suspicious do you" he shot back and got up "I'll get back to you when I've got something" he added before striding off. He passed Jinyoung who looked up from his book to throw him an exceptionally hate full expression. He just continued walking.

He wandered outside and took in a deep breath. He was kind of done with being mean and cruel to people. It was a facade he was keeping up because his only friends were like that, so naturally he was like that as well. It gave him a bitter look on people and made it hard for him to like them because he knew that there would come a time that they would be hurt. Not by him, by the people he called his friends. Truth be told, he would have no one if he didn't have them.

He heard the door behind him softly creak open and he wheeled around to come face to face with Jinyoung. Great, just what he needed.

"What" he snapped, noticing that his cheeks lit up with anger.

"Er, are you okay" Jinyoung asked his expression surprisingly filled with small traces of worry.

"Fine, perfectly fine Park. Did you need anything else" he said agitated. Jinyoung's face hardened again.

"No, nothing" he said coldly and turned around to walk back in again. He stood motionless watching him go back inside. It was of no use anyway, it was better this way.

He staggered back inside towards his classroom and slouched in his seat. He grabbed his phone and opened up his text messages. A minute later his text to Jackson was sent.

~

He didn't know what had come over him when he followed Mark. He had just looked so… miserable. He only followed him to check if he wasn't going to seriously harm himself or do something extremely stupid. Mark had been acting strange, looked uncomfortable, he hadn't even said anything to him as he passed him. Admit it, Mark was handsome and he had been watching him a little more often than he'd like to admit. He liked watching people, studying their behaviour.

That didn't take away that he despised the guy. He hated him with all his might. He was just so rude without any reason to be. And Jinyoung wasn't just going to let him walk over him like that. He just had a bad feeling about everything.

~

He watched silently as Jackson and a friend of his slipped into the library. He didn't intend to follow them but something made him want to go this time. Maybe because it's Jinyoung a little voice suggested. Yeah right. He shook the thought away and slipped into the library as quietly as he could.

He hid behind a big bookshelf and peeked through a gap between the books. He  saw Jackson talking to Jinyoung who looked extremely displeased. He saw them getting up Jackson hand on Jinyoung's shoulder which looked friendly but Mark knew that grip, it hurt like hell. He watched them shuffle past his hiding place and quickly hurried after them.

He followed them through school and outside making sure they wouldn't see him. He found them propped up against a wall and Jackson seemed to still be talking to Jinyoung. Before he knew it Jackson had thrown his first punch. Jinyoung took it without flinching and smiled up at Jackson. He watched with big eyes as Jinyoung blocked the next punch, and the next, and the next. He saw Jackson getting frustrated, and with that, sloppy.

He was surprised of Jinyoung as he managed to work both Jackson and the other guy off if him. When they both ran off Jinyoung slid down the wall and sighed heavily.

"Are you okay" he asked emerging from his hiding spot. Jinyoung looked up at him, exhaustion evident on his face.

"Fine, perfectly fine Tuan" he imitated him.

He spun his head around as he heard buzzing near his ears. He scanned the sky near his head but didn't see anything, still he could swear he heard buzzing. Then he heard it again an he violently ducked and swatted the air near his ear. He did not like bugs, not at all. He heard a low chuckle and looked back at Jinyoung still violently changing directions with his head.

"You're scared of bugs" Jinyoung chuckled in surprise.

"Yeah and you just beat up two guys" he countered in disbelief.

They silently looked at each other before simultaneously bursting out in laughter, Jinyoung cutching his stomach as he laughed.

"So you're really okay then" he asked when he was done laughing. Jinyoung just nodded and he retreated back into school, not being able to forget the way Jinyoung had fought off Jackson.

~

He was casually walking the hallways of school the next day, still thinking about what had happened. Jinyoung might look like a little cute ball of fluff, but he definitely wasn't one. Suddenly he was roughly pulled into an empty room.

"What the-" was all he could manage to say before he was slammed against the wall and an arm was secured under his chin keeping him still. He huffed in pain as Jackson's face came into view. He seemed furious.

"Forgot to tell us Jinyoung could fight back huh, slipped your mind" Jackson said threathingly. He stared back with wide eyes.

"I didn't know" he managed to choke out. Jackson chuckled humourlessly.

"He didn't know" he said to the other guy still chuckling "Yeah right" he said pushing his arm closer to his throat.

"You really do enjoy beating people up don't you" a clear voice came from behind Jackson. Jackson's head shot around at such speed that Mark was surprised he didn't break his neck. 

"Oh yes, but behind every operation there has to be a set of brains" Jackson smiled. Panick suddenly washed over him, for some reason he didn't want Jinyoung to know, didn't want him to think he was a bad person, because really, he wasn't. Jinyoung's expression changed to confusion.

"It was his idea" he said nodding at Mark, seeing as both of his hands were restraining him.

"No Jinyoung that's not true" he managed to say before Jackson put his hand over his mouth. Jinyoung's expression changed from confusion to determination and fear dawned over Mark. Just Jackson would be bad, but if Jinyoung took to beating him too. And he had all the reason to too, he hated him.

"Even trying to deny it" Jackson chuckled out "You know he hates you right, why wouldn't he want you beat up" Jackson mused. Jinyoung's expression didn't falter.

"Move" he said calmly. Jackson willingly complied and let go of Mark with a smile. Jinyoung walked up to Mark and brought his face closer to his.

"Are you alright" he whispered in his ears. Unconsciously Mark played along by looking very surprised and confused. He slowly nodded. Jinyoung turned back to Jackson.

"I need you to leave" he said calmly.

"Why, I wouldn't want to miss his" Jackson said.

"Now" Jinyoung hissed.

"Alright, alright" Jackson said hands raised in surrender and he stalked out of the room. Jinyoung turned back to him.

"You're not beating me up" he managed to ask. Jinyoung shook his head and smiled. He sighed in relief and sat down on a table.

"What made you believe me" he asked, curiosity burning. Jinyoung sat down next to him.

"You called me by my first name" he explained. 
"Oh" he uttered. "I really didn't mean all of this to happen." Suddenly an idea dawned on him. He got up.

"I want to throw this around, just.. start again" he admitted and looked up to Jinyoung who looked questioning.

"Hi, I'm Mark Tuan" he said extending his hand towards Jinyoung. Jinyoung smiled slightly, a smile he had come to love.

"Park Jinyoung" he answered shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you" he said now smiling too.

"Nice to meet you too"