A quarter after one

Markjin one shots

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now 
--

Mark's pov

He didn't drink that much, he swears. But maybe the fact that he couldn't remember how much he did drink exactly told him otherwise. His vision was a little blurry, he admits. Jackson had even offered to take him home but he had rejected that offer. There was only one person he wanted to see at the moment. So now he found himself walking through the park near the bar he just came from, steps wobbly, head spinning.

He just couldn't do it. He thought drinking would help, that it would take away his thoughts. But he still saw his face everywhere, heard his laugh ringing through his ears. He had been the reason for him to stop drinking, and the reason for him to start drinking. Park Jinyoung was his reason for everything. He loved the guy so damn much, but never had the courage to tell him.

It was not like it would matter if he even tried. Lately he had seen Jinyoung with a lot of girls. He would take them out for a movie or a diner, they would date for a while, and then they broke his heart. It hurt Mark every single time. He didn't want Jinyoung to go out with others, but most of all, he didn't want Jinyoung to get hurt. He felt the urge to knock down every single girl that had left Jinyoung because he was 'boring' or 'plain'. It left him hanging when Jinyoung would be out looking for someone else again.

He threw himself on one of the park benches. He managed to see it was 1:15 am before his phone died. He buried his face in his hands and sighed. He didn't want to go home, to the cold place where his parents would already be sleeping. He felt a headache coming up and he closed his eyes. Maybe he could just fall asleep now and never wake up again.

Suddenly he felt someone throwing himself on the bench next to him. Even with his vision blurred by the alcohol he recognized the person. He would recognize that face anywhere and anytime, recognize the black hair the dark eyes the cute cheeks and plump lips. Yes, he would recognize Park Jinyoung from his scent alone.

"Hi" he heard him say but it took him a while to process what Jinyoung had said.

"Hey" he said a giggle escaping his mouth. He mentally face palmed but he couldn't help it. He really did drink a lot. He swayed to the side a little.

--
It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now.
--

Jinyoung's pov 

It was around 1 in the morning and he was still walking around alone. He found himself in the park near a bar he knew Mark liked to go.  Suddenly he saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench. He immediately recognized him and decided to just drop himself in the seat next to him. He didn't really care anymore anyway.

He felt terrible. He had had another date again today and it was horrible. Well another date….. more like another break up. He had started dating this much about a month ago and he knew pretty damn well why. He had realized that he loved someone. But he couldn't love that someone. So he has started dating girls just to forget his feelings for him.

Him. 

He looked over to Mark.

He had immediately recognized him in the park. He had also immediately seen how terrible he looked. 

The dating was terrible. Most of the time the girls would leave him because he couldn't return their love. Because he didn't pay as much attention to them as he still did to Mark. It didn't help to silence his feelings either. Even now looking at Mark he felt a longing that shouldn't be there, a desire that was so strong that he just couldn't make it disappear no matter how hard he tried.

"Hi" he said casually. He had technically been ignoring the older for the past month and he had no idea in what state he had just found Mark.

"Hey" Mark asnwered with a little giggle. This threw Jinyoung off. Mark sounded like he was drunk. Really drunk. But Mark never got drunk. First, he barely even drank, and second he had a sky high alcohol tolerance. Jinyoung could drink two shots and be out but Mark would always be perfectly fine.

"What brings you here" Mark asked, giggling even more and swaying to the side a little. Jinyoung sighed. Just a moment ago the only person he wanted to see had been Mark, but now….

"Mark are you drunk" he asked carefully.

"No" Mark asnwered with some more giggles. Jinyoung moved a little closer and put his arm around Mark's shoulder to steady him. Mark took the freedom to drop down and put his head on Jinyoung's lap.

"Have you been out again" Mark whined. Jinyoung was about to say something when Mark spoke again. Jinyoung had never seen Mark drunk and it suprised him how talkative Mark was.

"I really don't like it that you keep going out with all those girls. It makes me feel funny around here" he said pointing at his stomach. Jinyoung didn't know what to do. He had never had to handle a drunk Mark and Mark was acting like a little kid. He decided to just go with it and hope Mark wouldn't remember anything tomorrow.

"Why" he asked while tracing his fingers trough Mark's hair.

"Because you spend all your attention on those girls and I never see you anymore" Mark asnwered while pouting. Jinyoung would lie if he said that that wasn't the cutest thing he had ever seen.

"I'm sorry" he said quietly.

"It's okay. I love you enough to keep waiting" Mark answered. It took him a while to process what Mark said but then it hit him. Mark said he loved him. But Mark was drunk, he wasn't thinking straight.

"Come on let's get you home" he said while trying to push Mark up.

"I don't want to got home" Mark whined.

"Then you're coming with me" Jinyoung said and he pulled Mark up and started dragging him towards his home.

He eventually got Mark to change and get into bed. He had first wanted him to shower too but had kept it too him brushing his teeth. He had also given him some pain killers to hopefully ease his hangover that would definitely come tomorrow. He had no choice but get into bed next to him. He turned to his side to see Mark already sleeping.

He looked so peaceful and beautiful and Jinyoung's head hurt from thinking about everything. All the avoiding and hiding and denying. He wouldn't deny it anymore, he really loved him. He brought his face a little closer to Mark's and softly placed a kiss on his lips. He immediately dropped himself back down.

What the heck was he thinking. He couldn't just go around and kiss people when they were too drunk to remember. He mentally face palmed himself. He was being stupid. Accepting the fact that he loved him didn't mean that he could just kiss him. He loved him, okay, that's it. He turned to his side and closed his eyes. Maybe, just maybe he could still get some sleep.

--
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind
--

Mark's pov

He woke up with a little headache, no memory of yesterday night and Jinyoung in his arms. He didn't want to wake Jinyoung up, as he had probably been enough trouble yesterday already, and just closed his eyes again. He felt Jinyoung move in his arms. He felt strange. He shouldn't be lying like this with Jinyoung in his arms but at the same time it felt so right. Like it was supposed to be like this. He inhaled Jinyoung's scent.

"Hey Mark, are you awake" he heard Jinyoung ask softly. He nodded.

"Feeling bad" Jinyoung asked. He shook his head.

"Not at all. I mean you were pretty far gone yesterday and you usually take alcohol very well" he said. Mark chuckled at Jinyoung's worry. 

"Just a little headache" he admitted. 

"And you don't remember anything" Jinyoung asked carefully. He wondered why Jinyoung would ask something like that. Did he say something? Did he do something stupid?

"No. Why?" He asked while turning on his side towards Jinyoung supporting his head with his hand. Jinyoung looked up to the ceiling.

"You just- it's nothing" he said while turning away. He got out of bed. "I'll make breakfast" he said and quickly left.

He was acting strange. His behaviour made Mark anxious. He felt like something had happened. Like he had done something or like Jinyoung had done something and he hated it that he couldn't remember. Why did he have to drink this much again. It only brought him the thing he had wanted to forget. Trouble. He decided to get out of bed and take a quick shower.

He got downstairs when he finished. He actually wanted to avoid Jinyoung even more but that was quite impossible when he was in Jinyoung's house. He joined Jinyoung at the table and they ate breakfast in silence. When they were done eating Mark spoke up.

"You know I can just go home now" he said. Jinyoung's head shot up.

"No you can't. You have a hangover and you're not going home like this. Just go back upstairs and rest" he said sternly being as concerned about Mark as always. He made a face.

"I'll stay with you" Jinyoung said noticing the look on Mark's face. He sighed.

"Alright" he finally complied. He started making his way upstairs again, this time with Jinyoung right behind him. He threw himself back on Jinyoung's bed, which only made him feel worse because it smelled like him. Jinyoung dropped himself next to Mark. 

"Want to watch a movie" Jinyoung asked. They were lying next to each other on their backs.

"Sure" he said. Jinyoung sat up in front of his bed and started a movie. He got up and sat next to Jinyoung. They were close, closer than usual. He had missed this. He had missed him.

With the dating Jinyoung had less and less time for Mark. He missed their conversations, their laughs, their movie nights. He cherished those moments because it meant he got to spend time with the person he loved. Now it felt like their was a huge distance between them. Like they had only just met each other. But now sitting next to each other it felt like nothing had changed.

Jinyoung put his head on Mark's shoulder.

"You showered" he remarked. Mark chuckled. Jinyoung could be cutely blunt. He couldn't pay attention to the movie with Jinyoung this close to him and he kept thinking about everything that had happened. He wasn't used to being this close to Jinyoung anymore and the way he had gotten here was not really how he had wanted things to happen. Apparently Jinyoung couldn't keep his attention on the movie either. He paused the movie.

"Why did you drink so much last night" Jinyoung asked him. Mark hesitated, he didn't know what to answer.

"Why does it bother you so much" he decided to ask.

"Because you never get this drunk, what was bothering you so much that you had to drink this much." Jinyoung asked now sounding agitated. Mark made a face at him.

"Sorry. You just got me really worried. If something is going on you can tell me, you know that right" he said while burying his face in his hands.

"I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have done it and I shouldn't have bothered you" Mark said.

"No no, you didn't bother me. You just worried the hell out of me. Why did you drink so much Mark" Jinyoung asked sincerely.

"I just" he sighed. He couldn't tell Jinyoung but he knew Jinyoung wouldn't stop until he found out. "I just wanted to distract myself from something" he decided to say. He looked to the side to find Jinyoung already looking at him. Their faces were inches apart. Neither of them dared to look away.

"But I can't seem to forget about it" Mark whispered.

"You said something last night" Jinyoung said not moving his head away "and I need to know if you meant it" he continued.

"What did I say" he asked.

"That you loved me enough to wait for me" Jinyoung whispered.

"Drunk people never lie" Mark asnwered.

"Then don't wait" Jinyoung said. And Jinyoung suprised him by kissing him. It was a soft kiss, like a memory, like he had done it before, and Mark immediately responded to the kiss. He felt his heart speed up and his body heat up, just like he felt when he was drunk, only ten times better. Jinyoung pulled away first.

"I've waited ages to do that" he said while chuckling.

"I think that's my line" Mark said while laughing too.

"You know, I was trying to forget about something through dating too" Jinyoung admitted "but you're still on my mind" he said with a cheeky smile.

"Pro tip. Drinking doesn't help either" Mark answered and he kissed him again.