My swagger?

Markjin one shots

He rushed towards the familiar room as quick as he could. He barged inside, completely out of breath. Inside were all of the other members, he was the only one missing.

"I'm not to late, am I" he asked hurriedly.

"No, manager-nim isn't here yet" Jaebum said reassuringly. He heard the marknaes chuckle.

"Don't laugh at me, I was having practice" he said while taking a seat next to Mark.

"It's just funny, how you came running in and stuff" Yugyeom huffed out.

"Yeah I bet" he said sarcastically. Mark placed a hand on his knee and he looked at him. He smiled at him innocently, but Jinyoung could see that he was enjoying it just as much as the maknaes. He stuck out his tongue to him.

"Why did he want to see us anyway" Youngjae asked.

"I'll tell you just that" their manager said while coming in. All eyes shot to him and he took a seat.

"Your Japanese comeback is finally ready, and we can start preparing" he announced. Immediately they broke out in exited chatter firing tons of questions at their manager.

"Calm down" he said "tomorrow we'll start reviewing the song and practicing the choreography, okay, just leave it for now and focus on it tomorrow" he said and got up to leave again. He turned back quickly before leaving "You're going to like this" he said with a mysterious smile. Immediately as he had left the chatter continued, the questions now directed towards Jaebum.

"Did you know about this" Jackson asked. Jaebum shook his head.

"We'll see tomorrow" Jaebum said getting up to leave too "if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my nap now" he said and he left in a rush. Soon the others started leaving too and Jinyoung went back to the practice room he had been in before storming off.

A Japanese comeback. He wondered what the concept was they were going for this time. He didnt really know what would appeal to the Japanese audience so he'd just have to wait and see.
~
They were all gathered in the dance practice room listening to the song. He fairly enjoyed it, but it wasn't completely his style. Jackson, Bambam, Yugyeom and Mark seemed to really enjoy it. Jaebum stayed unreadable as ever and Youngjae couldn't contain himself from excitement for the comeback, but Jinyoung had no idea if he even really listened the song.

"I get a rap part" Yugyeom exclaimed looking at the lyrics. Their manager nodded. "Sweet" he said and he started mouthing the lyrics. The rest was also scanning their part of the song. They sang through it a couple of times, the first few being extremely awkward as everyone was getting used to the song and the foreign language. The rest of the day was spent practicing the choreography.

And that's how it went for about a week. Singing, dancing, correcting, repeat. Until they could dance and sing it in their dreams. Jinyoung got a little attached to the song, but he admits that maybe the concept didn't suit him as much as it suited others. He felt like even Youngjae pulled it off better than he did, and Youngjae was a ball of fluff.

He hated admitting it, but the concept was a little too much swag for him. It basically overflowed with swag and he just had to get used to it a little.
~
After about another week of practicing the filming days started. Promotion had officially started and teasers were out, and now the filming of the actual music video had to be done. 

He always enjoyed shooting music videos. He wasn't really one for photoshoots, but music videos were his thing. It was as always a long process, but one he thoroughly enjoyed every single time. Seeing the video come to life and really create the feeling of the song just felt extremely satisfying to him.

When that was finally finished too they were allowed to watch the video themselves. They all gathered close together to be able to see the little computer screen. He was standing behind Mark, who was sitting down, his arms draped around Mark's shoulders and his head on one of them.The video acuratly portrayed the feeling the song was giving off and Jinyoung liked the end result.

"Look at Jinyoung hyung" Bambam remarked as he appeared.

"What about me" he asked defensive.

"I'm sorry to say, but you look funny trying to act tough" Yugyeom said. Jackson chuckled a little.

"He does have a point" Jackson said.

"You're not swag enough" Jaebum said jockingly. He knew they meant it well and were just joking, but their comments just confirmed what he had been thinking. The song had grown on him, but that couldn't hide the fact that the concept was not entirely his thing. He grimaced.

"Thanks for the support" he grumbled.

"They're just joking" Mark said looking at him from the side. Their faces were very close but for Jinyoung this wasn't remarkable, he was used to being touchy and close with Mark.

"Yes, but deep down they really mean it" Jinyoung said quietly. Mark smiled at him. He rarely showed insecurity and Mark used to enjoy it if he trusted him with those little parts of himself.

"Don't worry too much" he said and he placed a little kiss on his cheek. Jinyoung wasn't even suprised that he felt a little better instantly. Mark always supported him and always knew what to do or say. They continued watching, occasionally making a remark about the video.

All together they were happy with the result. They enjoyed the song and the video had turned out great. Two days later, after some last editing and changing, the video was released and promotion was their main priority.

Soon the comments and reactions came. The videos, the blog posts, the news reactions. Jinyoung told himself not to let them get to him too much, but many said the same. 

That he couldn't pull off the concept.

They didn't say it directly of course. It was in the little things. Remarks about how he looked funny or how he looked a little strange or out of place. Or just nothing about him at all.

Of course there were the good too, but the fact that even s had about it made it about ten times worse. Right now they didn't seem to notice the comments about Jinyoung and they were genuinely enjoying the promotion process.

One evening after a long day the thoughts kept him up. He had become very conscious about how he acted during fan meets and especially on stage. He tried very hard to make the concept look natural, but the harder he tried, the worse it seemed to be. He looked at his clock to see it was around one in the morning. He got up and made his way to Mark's room.

He wasn't suprised to see Mark was still up. He was in bed doing something on his phone. Sometimes he wondered if Mark even needed sleep. Hey quietly walked in further and Mark finally noticed him.

"Hey" he whispered "can't sleep" he asked. Jinyoung sighed and dropped himself on Mark's bed.

"Nope" he sighed out.

"What's up" Mark asked, patting the bed, motioning for him to come closer. He shuffled closer and dropped his head on Mark's chest. Mark threw one arm around him and started slowly his hair.

"It's nothing" he said. It was actually quite stupid. He was acting like a whiny kid that wanted attention. Who cared about how he felt. It didn't matter, he would just have to work harder to make it work and please the fans. Mark hummed.

"You know I don't believe you right" Mark said.

"I do" he huffed out.

"I really can't pull off the concept can I" he finally asked. He heard Mark chuckle.

"Don't laugh at me, I do realise I sound whiny thank you very much" he said.

"You don't sound whiny at all. And you pull off the concept just fine, in your own way. Trust me, you looked really good. Just be yourself" Mark said. He gave him a little kiss on the top of his head. He smiled, Mark always supported him for who he was.

"I love you" he blurted out. He had no idea where that had come from. He tried to recall any thought of saying that to Mark but he couldn't find any. He did realise it was very much true. Mark was always there for him, always supported him, always listened to him. He didn't mind telling Mark about his insecurities, he didn't mind telling him anything. It had never occurred to him that that could be love, but now it was very clear to him.

He wasn't that swaggy, but he had his other sides to him. And he knew Mark would appreciate him either way, as long as he was being himself. He closed his eyes and waited for Mark's response. As it was out now anyway he was not going to try to take it back.

"You know you could've just thanked me" Mark said. Jinyoung exhaled. "But I love you too" he added "wether you're trying to be really swag, or cute. I love you either way, you know that right" he said. Jinyoung lifted himself from Mark's chest and looked up at him.

"I love you for you" Mark said. Apparently Mark had already figured out his feelings a little earlier than Jinyoung had, but for some reason it felt like he had known all along. He threw himself onto Mark and hugged him tight. Mark's arms s around his back and hugged him back just as tight. He hid his face in Mark's neck and inhaled his scent.

"Thank you" he mumbled. Mark grabbed his face with both his hands and soflty brushed his lips over Jinyoung's. Jinyoung smiled at him.

"You're not bad yourself" he said with a grin. Mark chuckled.

"Stay here tonight" Mark said. Jinyoung dropped himself back down and shuffled as close to Mark as he could get. Mark's arms s around him and their legs tangled up. Jinyoung smiled to himself. He'd rather be this than swaggy.
~
He and Mark walked into the practice room together. Mark quickly released the hand he had been holding. He looked over at him and smiled. Jinyoung smiled back. He felt about ten times more confident with Mark next to him. The other members eyed them but didn't say anything.

"And Jinyoung-ah, found your swag over night" Yugyeom asked boldly.

"I don't think so" Jinyoung said. Yugyeom's expression changed, he hadn't expected this kind of response.

"Well too bad" Jackson chuckled out. He just hummed.

"Let's just start" Youngjae ushered.
~
He was lying in his own bed reading a book when the door opened. It had been about a week since he and Mark had gotten together. He looked up to see Mark. He had been out late today practicing some more MAT. He looked tired, but more than that, sad.

"Hey what's up" he said immediately getting out of bed and walking towards him. Mark rubbed his face.

"Jackson's parents facetimed him today. I was there too" Mark said. It didn't take him long to realise what Mark was getting at.

"I really miss them Jinyoungie" he said. Jinyoung immediately hugged him. He his head and whispered sweet nothings in his ear.

"You can always facetime them" he suggested. He felt Mark nod.

"But it's not the same" he said.

"I know" he asnwered. Mostly it was Mark who comforted Jinyoung but he felt so honoured Mark came to him for comforting too. He felt like Mark trusted him enough to break down in front of him and know that Jinyoung would piece him back together. He hugged him tighter.

"Can't breathe" Mark said.

"Sorry" he chuckled out, loosening up a bit. He saw a tear stream down Mark's face and wiped it away with his thumb. He stared right into Mark's eyes. He saw his own feelings reflected in them. Pure love and trust. He marveled at how stong their bond was. He kissed away another tear.

"We'll make sure to see them again soon" he reassured Mark. Mark nodded. He inched a little closer.

"I'm sorry for being such a cry baby" Mark said wiping another tear away.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you for you" he repeated Mark's words. Mark smiled at him. Their noses were now almost touching. He softly kissed Mark. It was their first actual kiss and Jinyoung could taste the salt tears on Mark's lips, but like he said, he wouldn't have it any other way.

He pulled away but immediately Mark kissed him again. He smiled through the kiss.

He really wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N

I'm sorry for being out for so long. I'm trying to write a chaptered fic but I'm kinda stuck.