#11 The New Girl (for Jooyeon)

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We must take care of our families wherever we find them.

-Elizabeth Gilbert

 

"I think I'm going until tomorrow, I wrote my schedule on the time-table. Just tell them I'm going to Gyeonggi." Namjoon, who is now holding his big rucksack ready to go out.

Jooyeon, who is puzzled at first because herself was just arrived from school, maintained to render his message right away and says "Yes, sir." after he passes her by.

And now she is alone, again. With two of her brothers not actually coming home.

 

After changing clothes in her room, she decided to prepare the dinner immediately before everyone goes home and find no food on the table. Damn, she'd be roasted like hell.

However, the figure of a familiar young-woman has already standing before the kitchen cabinet, chopping something above the wooden board.

God, who is she actually?! 

It's been only twice that she has met her. Even though she seems like a nice, classy person, she couldn't help but irritated because Jooyeon doesn't know her name and she keeps intruding her - well, their house!

"Miss…"

The young-lady jumped a bit, because she was too focused on Julienne-cutting the carrots. Then she turned around immediately to check who was behind her.

"Oh, Jooyeon. I truly thought you were an intruder." She said, with an awkward giggle due to her shock. 

As if! Jooyeon mentally slapped her forehead. "Um, I am sorry, but… I haven't known your name and… who you are… I mean…. there are only the two of us in here now and… um… how can you even get in here?" The girl tried to be super polite. She hopes that she thinks that way, though.

In return, the (seems like) older girl gives her a bit of a confused look. Then it hits her. "Oh yeah! I didn't introduce myself back then! I'm Jisoo, Jisoo Kim. Your brother's… uh… girlfriend." She rubs her hands on her apron then held one to Jooyeon, which the girl takes it immediately. 

The younger then smiles again, finding her funny, "Which brother?" 

Jisoo lightly hits her head. "Ah, I forgot you have seven brothers. I'm Seokjin's."

"Cool. Had a quick guess about that. I was right." She leans her body down beside the chopping area, now just observing her new older sister. 

"Hm?" She stopped chopping and looks at the younger, confused. 

Jooyeon replied with a giggle. "You look a lot like him more than me and my brothers do. And you know the legend says when there are two persons without any blood relation that look alike, they have higher chance to be an inseparable soulmate," Right away, she sees her cheeks turns rosy and tries to hide her face. 

"So… can I call you unnie?"

"Of course!" 

Jooyeon immediately stands up and do the fist-pump in the air. "Yessss!!!! I've always wanted one!!" and just randomly walks to the dining table before finally turning back. "Sorry. I see you're making something can I help, please?"

"Sure. I heard that you're the master chef in here."

Ok, who even said that a dweeb like me cooks like a master chef? "Who said that?" 

"Guess."

"Must be him; my old man Seokjin."

Jisoo chuckles. "I've been taking care of this family for almost three years now, Jooyeon. I am close with all of your brothers. Guess!"

"Ok, just let me cook now, I really want to help."

"Alright then." 

But little did Jisoo knew, that the words she just informed were enough to lift up Jooyeon's hope to be closer to her brothers. One person out of seven complimented her by saying she's like a master chef? 

Jisoo might be joking or lying, but Jooyeon herself is not sure that this lady is capable of doing that.

Whatever, she is still happy inside. One step at a time. 

 

"…so yeah. That's how I can finally return back in here." Jooyeon finishes her story while still helping in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry I brought it up. No one actually talked about you but Seokjin, so I was pretty curious but at that time I didn't want to bother him. Oh my gosh, I'm spilling out. I'm sorry." Jisoo holds her hair with both of her hands.

"I don't mind, actually. After I reunited with them, all of my burdens were all lifted and I have no regrets. The only thing that somehow still devastating is that… we really don't have our parents anymore." Unconsciously, the younger turns dull, sighing as she realise o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter