#14 Cheers for Friends

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's as if Kim Seokjin can read her mind; when Jooyeon thought of loneliness while being inside her room looking at the moon of midnight from this plain, rectangular window, the sound of knocks were suddenly heard quite loudly. "Can I come in?"

The girl slightly turns her head to give him approval by saying "Yes."

The brother takes a seat on the window-seat, trying to be at her side. "How is your ankle?"

Jooyeon got a bit puzzled. So he told him? It still kind of hurts, so she lies by nodding then shrugging. 

"Jungkook told me everything." Touché.

Feels like she need to justify something, this girl immediately asks, "From where to where?"

"He said that nobody knew you were siblings at school, and none of you told others about that. So there was this rumour going on that you two were hooking up then suddenly your friend made fun of that and tripped you, put a prank on you. That's how you got that." He points to her ankle, which is thinly covered by a pain reliever patch that Hoseok gave. "Do you want me to talk to the Headmistress about the bully?"

"No!" Again, she answered fast. "I really hate that person so I don't want this to get any bigger. I'm fine now."

Looking at her reaction, he is sure that Jooyeon loathes this person so much. So he agrees with no doubt. "Ok then. I actually wanted to take you to the hospital to see if anything could go wrong with your ankle. But you refuse to go out of here since God knows how long," He scoffs lightly, "You didn't even want to eat dinner,"

"that was a first." He turns his head to her, smiling.

"Wasn't in the mood for eating and I really don't need hospital." She looks down, fiddling her fingers.  

The room goes silent for a moment; only Seokjin examining her small figure.

Jooeyon then sighs loudly, now looking back into his eyes. "Oppa, thank you for accepting me. Thank you for giving me food and place to live. Thank you for providing me the greatest education." The way she was saying this, it almost like she wasn't a real family or just someone who is new to them. 

It wasn't like that at all to Seokjin. At first he was feeling reluctant because of their mother's past. But those things she just mentioned? He was all ready to take those responsibility from the moment she walked in that night, as a human and his rightful sister. This really makes him… sad.

Not breaking any eye-contact, he returns to her statement. "Why did you have to thank me like that?"

"Because all of you were kind enough to let me have everything I need despite the fact that… my past hurt you." She didn't think through, all just spilled out of like this. 

"Jooyeon, we don't-" As soon as he speaks, the girl fakes a yawn. Honestly, she doesn't know what she wants or feels right now. But if they continue this conversation, the next thing she might bawl onto his arms. "Sorry, I think I'm going to sleep now. Be honest, I am mentally tired." She stands up and moves to her bed. "See you tomorrow!" Just like that, Jooyeon pulls up her blanket and closes her eyes. 

Seokjin stays for a couple minutes still on his seat, looking at her in disbelief then sighs while walking out of this room. 

 

*************

TIMETABLE

SATURDAY MOOD BOARD (HECK YEAH IT'S NEAR THE HOLIDAYS)

King Jin: Playing Fortnite all day

Hoseok: Recording dance practice. Do NOT come into MY room.

Yoongi: Free = sleep

Namjoon: Company meeting

Jimin: jog/run battle w/ jk

Tae: Working room is MINE all day. NO ONE CAN COME IN. I'M WORKING FOR A FILM.

JK: run battle w/ looser

Jooyeon: free

 

"BLOOODY HELL!" Jooyeon exclaimed with extra expression and loudness while clutching her heart. The girl just woke up and did not prepare to see such sighting in the kitchen; 

another long black haired girl backing her wearing a broken white T shirt, actually trying to assemble bowls of bibimbap on the counter.

Jisoo, on the other hand, is also having the same shocked reaction as the younger because of her loud hoarse voice. "Yah! Jooyeon!" She yelled back.

"I'm sorry! Your hair is too nice and shiny and long and jet black! Are those remind you of something?? And I just woke up." She slightly frowned, reaching the station to hug the older girl.

"It's your description too! Get everyone now! Bibimbap is done." At the sight of the food, Jooyeon smiles so big and immediately goes back upstairs to wake everyone up. 

 

The situation is quite nice in the dining room. Jooyeon decided to be braver and act like she isn't the one who's disliked in this house. So when they start to chat together, the youngest girl joins, "Seokjin oppa, how dare you wrote 'playing fortnite' on the time table when Jisoo-nim is here?" She tried to play around.

"Seriously, you have no idea. She'll be the one taking over the game!" 

"Yeah, he played too much then I started to play too much so he would know how it feels to be ignored. But those games are real fun anyways." Jisoo defends herself, pulling a smirk.

Hoseok's then eyes Jimin and Jungkook. "What's that run battle about?" 

Jimin takes a peek at the time table and widened his eyes. "For the record, you are the ing looser, Cookie." He emphasised the last pet name in English and threw a tiny piece of radish to the youngest lad, which is immediately returned by Jungkook with the same piece. 

"We're joining a 10K run rally. And whoever got to the line first gets a pair of new trainers from the looser." Jungkook proudly explained, as though he is sure that he will win. 

Everyone does have a good time while having breakfast. As though most of the time, Jooyeon is only interacting with Jisoo and at times Seokjin and a bit with Yoongi. Then the others with their own topics. It feels good that there are still people who actually care to talk to her. 

 

Jooyeon's plan was quite the same as Yoongi's; to be in bed all day. She decided not to use any of her SNS account just to cleanse herself. Jisoo was the one suggesting that (and sadly she had to leave again for the veterinary). So, she's now heading to the library in their own work room to grab a couple of books just to bring them back to her bed. 

The girl went through some interesting ones in the library side but she found a narrative history book and old poem book which she realised that both of them belong to Namjoon. And she does believe in his taste. 

After she found her books, in all of sudden a light snoring sound can be heard and startled her for a little. It came from the working station. She tiptoes to see who it was and there lays Taehyung's head on top of the desk, sleeping upon lots of papers and a laptop in front of him. His face is still visible from the side; dark circles are present around his eyes. On the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter