#12 Outbond (Part I)

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My family was my guide to my reality.”

– Haywood Nelson

 

 

"I've gotten my token for a villa in Inje. We're going this Friday night. How 'bout that, ers!" 

After their oldest brother exclaimed, everyone in the room except Jooyoen roll their eyes. This family package is a yearly gift for all of the workers in Seokjin's office. But since he is a General Manager, he has two chances for this. However, he usually uses one per year.

The only sibling of him that takes this as a real vacation is Taehyung. He likes being outside of the city and not seeing buildings in every feet of the road. But for the others, they don't really enjoy it that much because Seokjin would make them do some bonding activities and other cringey stuff. Somehow they are too lazy to keep up.

"Hyung, I think I have a plan with my friends." Jungkook bluntly says. 

"Well, you know the rules, kiddo. Cancel it to another day because I can't cancel my booking. Now, who wants to help me to the grocery store?"

And just like that, the lads remove themselves to other place, leaving Jooyeon alone. 

"Y'all are dweebs!" He yelled as they go into their rooms. "Come on, Jooyeon. I'll make sure they don't get their dinner and breakfast tomorrow." 

Without hesitation, she silently chuckles and follows her brother to the parking lot. 

 

"Um.. so… what are we actually gonna do in Inje?" The youngest girl asks to the oldest as they are now driving towards the place. Most of the others are sleeping and the rest are using their headphones in the back of the car. Nobody wanted the front seat because that means you have to stay up until they arrived. Or to be clear; to accompany the driver so he does not get sleepy. 

"It's a yearly program for us. The company I work for give us vouchers to villas in Inje, Pyeongchang, Jeju, and Busan. I was about to take the Jeju one but of course a lot of people wanted that and they got it first. And we're doing outbound activities! Usually fishing, playing ATV, sometimes even camping, doing some barbecue. It'll be fun." He gives a small smile in the end. This man has totally wiped out his hatred towards her, not as tense as he was the first time. He knew they have to accept her, sooner or later. 

"Oh. Sounds so fun." Jooyeon said, but the sound of her voice tells him otherwise. She truly want to enjoy an escape from the city which is why she is also hoping for peace, and once not being disturbed by her brothers.

Oops, she can't believe that she just has thoughts about wanting to be away from her siblings. 

 

They finally arrived and in all of sudden, everyone is awake and rushing to the villa. Even when the girl is walking inside, she could hear some of them already fighting for a place. 

", I was here first!" Taehyung exclaimed. 

"You only looked at this room and left! I'm taking this side!" Jimin replies with the same manner. They are fighting over a window-side bed. 

"But-"

"Taehyung, switch with me." Eventually Hoseok has to step in so the younger could have what he wants. 

After all the chanting and yelling, the seven boys have settled down to their places and beds, while Jooyeon is still observing from the sofa since the beginning with her rucksack still attached to her back. She was about to say something, but hey, this sofa seems super nice and fluffy just like at home. So silence it is.

No one actually noticed about this. There are only three rooms in here, each with twin beds and they just thought everyone got their parts. Namjoon and Yoongi goes out to the woods immediately after arriving. Jimin and Taehyung made up easily and now play football along with Hoseok and Jungkook. While Seokjin is setting up the barbecue grill and other equipments for dinner in the backyard. 

It's not like she didn't enjoy it; well, it is all she wanted. Great weather and an escape. But she celebrates it with watching TV instead in the living room, one hand supporting her head and another clicks the remote. 

A moment of silence

is never rad

Lots of people

but sounds are bad

-JY, 2018

At least she got a poem for the project saved in her phone's memo. Then what? Should she join the quartet? Impossible. Walk in the woods with chances of meeting the two? She'd probably be lost first. The last one was to help the oldest and she had asked, but he insisted not to and let her to explore something here. Which, she had done for a bit earlier and did find nothing. 

Jooyeon decided to make some cup ramyeon and suddenly the sound of bickering (again) with the mix of laughter can be heard gradually clearer as the four walk inside. They go straight to the living room and some of them take the drinks out of the refrigerator, only to glance once at her who's minding her own business with the instant food. 

However, Jimin sees what she's doing and just suddenly takes the perfectly covered ramyeon cup that is waiting to be fully cooked on the table. Jooyeon is in shock; she was the pouring things into it wholeheartedly! "Hey!" 

That was an overstatement but she did. One time she was waiting for it to be done, watching it from the kitchen counter and someone just took it out of the blue. 

Jimin only looks behind to say "What a nice of you to do what I had thought." Then do the slow 'cheers' movement with the ramyeon cup. 

She really has zero motivation to restart the whole thing so she decided to make a cup of hot chocolate instead. Thinking about that is so annoying that the lass could wish she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter