#3 The Meddler

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

-Jane Howard

 

"Class, I'm going to give you project for this whole term. I want you to make a poem book, approximately one hundred pages, packaged nicely like an exact book. One page contain of one poems, sure there will be extra points if they're long. With this, I will give you a very little amount of mandatory homework."

The students are groaning, the sign that most of them don't like the idea. Jooyeon is one of them too. But the bright side is that she can excel her Korean more with this. But not all of them likes to write, let alone making poems. 

"Come on, it's not like I assign you this in Chinese." The teacher mimics their groaning, making fun of them. "So; No plagiarism. I will go throughout every, single, thing."

Jooyeon sees Kim Yeri smile haughtily and turns back to her friends, saying something like "I'mma get her do it." And scoffs like she always do. It's not long after they started the first day of school but Joohyeon already know how Yeri is. Correction, she heard it through a lot of people.

Since she still got no friends at school, the girl likes to go anywhere by herself now that she's already familiar with everything at school. At the cafeteria, she would hear some girls saying Yeri this, Yeri that, or something from 'The needs to be taken care of' to 'I want to have her bag, where did she buy it? Should I bleach my hair too like hers?'

It's almost everyday she could hear at least one person talking about her. Earlier this morning when she was sparing time at the bench, two girls passed by and one said 'We should wreck that blonde motherer's locker if she keeps taking your things!'

She truly never been into her trap nor having some conversation with her with the fact that she has her as a class mate. Jooyeon can conclude that Yeri is the diva of this school; but she also a bully. What a disaster combination.

Though now, is probably the first time she ever encounter with Yeri and her cliques; in a school's cafeteria.  

"Move." She said, with a very demanding sound. Jooyeon looks up, with her eyes speaks confusion. 

"Why?" The latter asks, as she keeps her chopsticks still in her hand. 

"Because I want this table." Yeri is annoyed; she puts down her tray of food a with quite a bang, then proceeds to folding her arms in front of her chest.

Jooyeon looks around, actually sees a couple of vacant tables that are enough to hold Yeri and her 2 tails. "But there's a lot of-"

"Young-ah," Yeri rolled her eyes and interrupted her, then snapped her fingers to her friend. The girl whom she called Young suddenly takes Jooyeon's tray away and moves it into the single table, one pretty close to a trash bin.

The girl really does not wanna start a fight, so she stands up and sighs heavily in front of her, then stare at her straight for some good seconds.

Yeri's eyes twitch a little from Jooyeon's hot stare but she then keeps looking haughty. The latter walks away, deciding to go somewhere instead. Without her knowing, people were actually giving stares to the earlier scene, focusing on their silent bickering. All only because the freaking diva wanted an occupied table. 

And of course, Jungkook is one of the people who witnessed them. His sister caught him in seconds that he was staring at them while walking out of the canteen, but quickly threw away his gaze after she saw him. 

She is sure going cranky about what just happened; in which she decides to stay at the quiet side of this school, and start writing on her first poem. 

 

***

"The hell are you doing here?" Hoseok's eyes widened when he sees Taehyung already chilling in the bowling alley.

The younger lad is quite in shock, seeing that he got caught. "Uh… I… My lecturer didn't come so we decided to… hang out."

Suddenly, three of Taehyung's friends come with various drinks in their hands, and one is holding a snack, then sit on the table where the had claimed before. "Man, I'm glad we're here instead of listening to that lame lecturer." One said, following by everyone's agreements but Taehyung. 

Hoseok, again, widened his eyes. "Dude, we need to talk." 

One of his friends asks bluntly, "Taehyung-ah, who is he?" 

"Wait a second." He awkwardly smiles and stands up, following his brother's way. 

If it's not because that damned time-table that Seokjin insist them to write their schedule on, Taehyung wouldn't be caught red-handed like this and could just smoothly lie to Hoseok. 

"Look, I was-"

"I didn't know why I looked at the schedule for today once again, but here we are; me knowing about everyone's business." Hoseok says and folds his arm, while usually each of them looks up to the table only for their own needs. "And according to your friends, the lecturer see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter