#4 Boom Boom Ba- OPPA!

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.

-Desmond Tutu

 

this night,

I'm still here

yet I'm suffocating

a lot

(an excerpt from Kim Jooyeon's Untitled Poem #13)

 

2 Years Ago

I can't live without you is the most ambiguous saying that ever existed in life. 

One moment, we could feel the grief clouding upon us after someone left us behind. The pain and sadness are the ones accompanying. 

Yet the next day, people can still breathe and wake up from their sleep;

that would be count as living.

Jungkook has thoughts about it, looking far ahead from the picnic area to the orange horizon above the infamous Han River. Apparently ignoring his brothers around him.

"Kook-ah, wanna do a ramyeon challenge?" Hoseok suddenly dared.

Jungkook keeps his position still: sitting down with his legs curls up and his arms are both on top of the knees. He then murmurs, "I don't think-"

"If you say no then you'll have to treat us for two weeks." Taehyung and Jimin join along. 

There is a reason they do this. Of course to make him feel a bit at ease, after he's been suddenly left by his most precious lover ever.

"She was even more beautiful than my first one." Once he said to himself. 

The three know that he isn't in the mood for barely anything, but it's the matter of his sanity that they have to make him as occupied as possible. It was their first time ever too to see him being such a soul-less human. He was always looked cool, collected, calm yet loud, funny, witty, smart, and full of energy, the golden maknae. Today's Jungkook is the opposite of them all.

"Treat, my . My money still comes from Hyung." The youngest chuckles lazily.

Jimin then yells, "Then cut your monthly money!" 

"Dude, seriously, let's do anything... play football, basketball… I'll help you practice!" Taehyung whines, actually doesn't like to see him like that. 

"Let's play!"

Jungkook raises an eyebrow at his girl, smirking while she suddenly takes the ball off of him.

"You sure?"

"What? Come on, it's been a couple months and you haven't noticed my capability?" The girl flicks her long hair before supports her waist with her hand, and another one holding the ball. "I'm the best at sport. Let's go, I'll help you practice."

Jungkook keeps smirking at his beautiful girlfriend and suddenly aiming for the ball on her hip. In a split second he takes it right away then begins to dribble, running away from the girl. 

"Oh, it's so on, Jungkook-ah!" 

And there they goes, going 1-on-1 all the way with dribbling, giggling, hugging… then kissing.

 

Recalling the time with her, he lets out a deep sigh, "Would you please let me be for a moment?" Jungkook's tone is calm, yet the way he stares at his brothers could actually kill one of them. 

"Uh, sure. Sorry." While the other two are kinda freezes, Jimin replies with a guilt on his heart. Maybe they shouldn't push him too hard. 

"No… I'm sorry." Hi eyes softens, sending a real apology and it is sure received by his brothers before him.

 

***

 

Present

"Jooyeon, why am I not getting bacon?!"

"Yah, Jooyeon! I've already told you that I don't like honey on my pancakes!"

"Jooyeon-ah, where's my coffee?"

"Yah, refill my coffee, too."

It is impossible to answer the demands at the same time, but Jooyeon is running around the kitchen and dining room, trying to do what she was told as quickly as possible. And looking at her own watch, it is sure that she's going to be late to school. 

After getting their requests done, she decided to run for the bus. "I'm going first. Just put the dishes in the sink and I'll wash it later." 

"Jooyeon, take Jungkook with you!" Seokjin suggested, but alas she's already running out to the door. 

"Hyung, I'm better with myself." The youngest lad rolls his eyes, annoyed at his statement. 

 

"Good morning, class. I'm not gonna waste more time so-"

"Excuse me, Ma'am." Jooyeon, with a heavy heart, tries to get herself in while still standing under the door frame. 

"Ms. Kim, I don't know how your old school's rules are but here in Korea we never do anything late." 

"I apologise, Ma'am." 

"Get in. I'm not going to forgive you the second time." The teacher said sternly, eyeing her with the most displeased look. 

"Heol, Ms. Yoon didn't even yell at her!"

"Another reason to hate that newbie."

"Wah, I can't believe Ms. Yoon only do that to her."

Ms. Yoon is notable for the killer teacher. Her way of teaching is the best according to most of the students, yet it's crazy how she could manipulate them to be obedient for her. When one makes mistake, she will make sure that he/she won't get away easily. She is very strict, including her teaching schedule. Even Yeri once received a punishment from the teacher despite her parents being the biggest contributor for this school. 

Already used to everyone's bad-mouths, Jooyeon decides not to take them seriously. Ready to learn new things from this respected teacher, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter