Prologue #2: What Should We Do?

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I am so sorry, but Mr. Kim had passed away about a year ago and his sons had moved out to a flat." Said the mid-aged lady to Jooyeon, with full concern and pity. 

She felt like wanting to collapse at that time. But after the kind ahjumma gave her the address of the memorial place and her brothers' current flat, she decided to go there right away, along with her luggage that she's been taking this whole trip.

"Appa, why did you leave me and not tell me anything?" She squats down, couldn't help but to cry in the middle of the day. This autumn weather feels like her emotion; gloomy, full of mysteries, and just not motivating. Everything is just hurtful for her, she doesn't know how to face her brothers later. This girl blames herself for not visiting her father once or maybe to tell him that she loves him for the last time. 

Jooyeon stays in the building, staring at his father's pictures with her brothers for a long time that she lost track of time. The sun has already setting and her tears have ran out, and her eyes are swollen. She spent some times just talking to the photo, and repeated the sentence "It's all my fault.",

Where it's actually not. 

And so, she tries to find the apartment building the lady gave her and by all luck, it does not take her some time. It is quite a fancy-looking building in the middle of a busy avenue around Myeongdong area. It is known that she couldn't just ask people about the number of their flat so the girl goes casually to the mailing corner, where all the letters and packages are placed for each room. And when she found that one has the most mail untucked, the girl picks up some of them.

"For Kim Seokjin… To Kim Taehyung…." She flips the letters. 

It's flat number 513, level 5. 

With a bit excitement from inside, and lots of tiredness, she tightened the strap of her huge rucksack again, ready to meet her brothers after these long, long years.

Ding… ding…

"Hold on!" She heard from inside, a very deep and raspy voice that can't be recognised by her. 

When he opens the door, both of them stood there in full silence. Jooyeon looks at him in awe, while the taller boy looks at her in confusion. She remembers his sharp jawline feature; this is Taehyung, her sixth brother. 

"Who are you?" He politely asked. "Are you… lost?" He asked, once again with that deep voice, then swings his head around. "Maybe I could help you with-"

"Oppa," She blurted, anxiety starts running through her veins.

"Huh?" Taehyung is surely got zero idea about who she is. Nor remembers that he has, or even had, a sister.

"Uh… Y-You're Kim Taehyung, right?" Stuttering she begins. 

"Yeah…" He trails of and keep thinking about who she could be. 

Oppa? Confusion stays still in him. Was she my ex? From which school?!

"It's… It's me, I'm Kim J-Jooyeon." She really tries to hold her ; the girl feels more anxious and even sick. It is the scary reality she lives in; he doesn't even remember her. 

That took Taehyung a minute to actually recall who this girl is before finally realising everything. But alas, in return, his expression is not as what she imagined it to be.

"Why are you here?" He says very awkwardly and coldly, not even wanting to take her inside or some words to say, or to offer a help with her luggage.

"Oh! who is this? Yaah, is this the new girl you've been talking about?" Hoseok pops up from behind him and looks at her, quite stunned about what she's bringing.

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter