#13 Remains (of School)

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My family is my strength and my weakness.

-Aishwarya Rai

 

(well, some italics are for English convos and some not. You'll know which.)

In this house, Jooyeon's mood can go from sad to irritated to happy to excited so quickly. One time she would gladly do what they told her to and the other times she would get angry and just leave them all to do themselves. That's how things go right now.

There is only a week left for school until the winter holiday comes. This girl was born in this freezing season so it is not a surprise anymore that she loves anything about it; the snow fall, white seeings everywhere, the cut-throat cold, the warm street food, christmas, and her birthday in the middle of December.

But, she has to hold the happy thoughts.

Just seconds ago in this crowded cafetaria, she suddenly overheard something interesting.

"….I don't lost in the crowd,

but I lost the crowd,

In the sea of people, that I don't like… wah, Kim Yeri, I don't know you can be this poetic!" She made a conclusion that it was the voice of Han Young, one of Yeri's side-kick.

"Yeah! I can't believe you made it yourself now finally." Young jokingly said.

"Yah! Do you think I'm that stupid? Watch your mouth, Han Young!"

And they laugh afterwards. Jooyeon couldn't believe of everything they just said;

That was her piece of poem. Those exact words.

Without any more thinking, the girl walks swiftly towards Yeri and shots an angry gaze at her only.

"What, dweeb?"

"We need to talk."

Yeri rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Mkay," She stands up and the two followers do the same. Which immediately stopped by Jooyeon. "We means only me and her." She keeps her tone stern and clear. That was enough for them to actually obey her.

"What was that?" Jooyeon starts, not even want to explain first.

"What 'what', dip?" She does not take her seriously, seen by how she looked quite proud and happy.

The anger inside Jooyeon is bubbling up. If this is not a place where there are a lot of supervisors  and teachers roaming around, she would beat her right away. "That was my poem!" Instead, she lets out a small scream in front of the stealer who doesn't even look bothered at all.

"And?"

"And why the hell did you claim it was yours?"

Lightly, the blonde-haired says, "It is now."

Jooyeon then walks through her and goes back to where the two girls sit; she is searching for the piece of the poem. Not long, she found a small scarlet note with a post-crumbled paper in-between the pages; the original draft of the poem by her. There are no scrapping traces, so it must be accidentally fell from her book. Or maybe Yeri did the cutting very well.

But suddenly, Jooyeon feels herself falls onto the floor. "You mental!" She gets up immediately and pushes Yeri in return, actually made her shock by her bravery. Even her two followers seem taken aback by the scene.

"How ing dare you-"

"I dare! You stole my poem!"

Yeri didn't say anything but proceed to pull her rival's hair harshly. "!"

"Useless git!" Jooyeon swiftly returned with her second language.

"Girls!" In a sudden, Bae Joohyun one of their seniors was only wanting to enjoy her spare time when she heard a couple of girls fighting just on the way to her designated area. Being a mysterious-but-angelic sunbae she is, Joohyun tried to tear them apart.

"Just- Stop! You two, take her!" She commands to Young and Jina to take the blonde, while herself grabs the brunette. "Why are- you two-- Jooyeon, let go off of her hair!"

Yeri then screams, "You filthy !"

"Don't me, you , you're a yourself!"

Their brief conversation in English was enough to make Joohyun explodes. She ended up slapping each of their hand quite hardly and they finally let go off of each other.

However, as soon as she wants to say something, someone is already ahead of her.

"Five of you, principal's office, NOW!"

***

"Bae Joohyun, this is your final year. Just make sure you don't get into this kind of… things. I know you were trying to be nice but just keep it under the radar, okay?" The four juniors heard the headmaster says (supposed to be whispering) to their senior while walking away, escorting the senior student. It was pretty rare that Joohyun would have done something like that. All the students agreed that she is known as angelic, on the prettiest list of the whole school along with Lisa, and a calm individual. But rumour also says that it'd be scary when she's angry, something like having an expression of a psycho.

But let those pass; Jooyeon is quite thankful that actually there is one person that cares about the fight. Because she couldn't rely on someone, literally, when there was only Yeri's two tails.

When the headmaster is back on her seat, she lets out a sigh then intertwines her fingers together while automatically looking at the blonde first. "Tell me from your side, Yeri."

"She hates me and only wants to fight with me."

The headmaster turns to Jooyeon. "And your defence?"

"She stole my poem and I am fighting for it."

"See? She was born a gangster, Mrs. Yoo!"

"Shut it, Yeri!" Jooyeon hissed.

Like she is done with this, the headmaster slightly rolls her eyes and sighs again. "Do you have evidence, Ms. Jooyeon?"

"I do."

 

After some moments explaining her rights, she finally won the argument and they make sure that there will be no more copying for this project. And the headmaster herself will tell the Korean Language teacher for that. Eventually both of them got the detention of cleaning the school's laboratories.

However, Jooyeon was asked to stay when she was about to leave the office. 'A private word' the Headmistress says. So now the girl sits down a bit nervously but remain having an expressionless face.

"Have you ever wonder how you got this far yet you have been here for only months?" The headmistress starts.

"Pardon?"

"You came late several times, almost didn't turn in your assignments, slept in class, some fights with another students… This isn't a five-star hotel, Ms. Kim Jooyeon. You can't actually have fun and be lazy in here."

Little did she know, that Jooyeon have never intended to do all of that. She was a great kid at her old school. "I.. I apologise, Mrs. Yoo. I know I couldn't defend myself for that."

"That, you know. I want your guardian to come here and pick you up later. I also need a word with him." She says now more clearly and sternly. "Please do no more bad things. I do know about your culture shock and everything. But it's been months and I don't want that to be the excuse anymore.

"Yes, Mrs. Yoo."

***

The sound of cheering is echoing in the school halls. It’s only two days until the holiday break but everyone has already gone excited. While they’re being in a good state, it is not so much for Jooyeon.

Yoongi and Namjoon went to school by the Headmistress' invitation. Basically

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter