#12 Outbond: The Extreme (Part II)

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tall and leafless trees are surrounding Jooyeon with the mist still covering around the half of the universe, making her not being able to see anything more than 13 feet. But she likes it. The world is very quiet and only the sound of the previous stream can be heard from this height where she's now sitting down on a safe slope. 

It is only 5.30 in the morning and the biting cold is surely hurting her bones. But she decided not to care about it at all. Just her being free in the woods and trying to empty her mind from anything annoying. Though she have to exclude calling her friends to be one of the way to 'empty her mind'.

(All inside the quotation marks in italics are spoken in English)

"Hey…" Starts the girl after a few seconds waiting for both lines to pick up.

"Hi!" Rosé squeaks. 

And Jennie, with her usual laid back voice. "My gaaaal!"

Rosé, "Wait a second, isn't it early morning in there?"

Jooyeon, "Uh-uh. Almost 6 am. How are you guys?"

Both lines go silent. Only for Jennie with a very questioning voice finally breaks the ice "You really asked us that? 'how are you?' after our, I don't know, 700th call?"

Jooyeon is puzzled, "…Yeah."

"Babe, that is sooo not you." Roséanne added. 

Jennie, "I mean, we're flattered but, Rosie's right." 

Rosé, "Something's wrong. Spill it sister, we are ready to fight whoever hurt you." The way she said this was full of empathy, not joking at all. 

In her room, Jennie actually nodded to agree but nobody could get the gist of course. 

Jooyeon begins with a deep sigh, "I'm starting to feel very useless in here,"

I feel some of their affections but some others were just hurting my feelings,

each time I do something for them they never acknowledge that. I only wanted to bond, but they never feel like it. 

ugh! There are seven of them, and they all make me feel like somehow!" She immediately toned down her voice after realising the increasing voice. 

Then after a slight pause, Jennie speaks "J, we are truly sorry that you got to the point where you feel like that. And your knew we never takes sides; not only me and Rosie for this case but in any other problems we usually try to pick the best unbiased decision, right? 

And I think, being reunited with them has always been your dream. Nothing safe is worth it; we have to take stakes to actually achieve what we want. I believe sooner, they will appreciate you and your presence in the family."

Rosé joins in, "A hundred percent well said and I agree. And never say you completely feel like because we the glittery unicorns are here for you. We will throw glitter at you so you don't feel like a complete but like fabulous with glitters and sprinkles." 

The other two got confused with her sudden statement, not one of them can respond even though they get her joke. 

But Rosie just continues, "Y'know, feeling ty is fine only some times, but for you it has to be ty but glittery so you don't feel really bad about it- FINE, I'll shut up."

They know what she means, truly. But it's just fun to let her be that way and then just stopped herself like that. Which that earns laughs from both Jooyeon and Jennie, with the later saying, "Rosie, what the heck!"

"Thanks for easing it up, Rosie." With a little smile, Jooyeon returns. 

And for some moments, they just let the conversation be even when at times Rosé begins to bring up something unusual again. 

 

"Who wants to free fall? Huh?!" The oldest sibling exclaimed excitedly, holding a bungee jumping ticket in the air.

Yes, only for one.

All of them are silent and look at each other; they surely have some horrors in their faces. There is no way that they want to do that kinda thing just out of the blue. 

"No one?!" Seokjin exclaimed again, now a bit disappointed. 

"Why bother to buy the ticket anyways? We only want ATV rides while playing paint ball for a whole day." Jimin barged in and rolled his eyes.

"You all are disrespectful. I bought this ticket and nobody wants to use it?!" The oldest speaks again.

"아 형, 해봐요 그냥!1" Couldn't stand him anymore, Namjoon finally speaks up. 

(1Ah, hyung haebwayo keunyang! - Why don't you just go/try it!)

"And why out of everything in here, you picked the scariest one?" Hoseok groans, already having goosebumps only by seeing the high crane. 

"Well, I reckon you all want something new and e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter