#8 Come Back Home

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love you, I am at rest with you, I have come home.

- Dorothy L. Sayers

 

"그선배가 다시왔어!"

[1Geu seonbaega dashiwasseo! - That sunbae is coming back(to our school)!]

Jooyeon heard one of her classmates claimed such thing. People have been talking about this "angelic sunbae" since the morning. No lie, the girl is so curious about why and how she could be this popular in this school. Looking at the situation it seems like she left for some time then goes back to this school again. 

While waiting for the next term, she decided to ask Wendy-- or Seungwan, about it.

(only conversations in Italic are all in English) 

"Wendy,"

"What?" She answered rather quickly, not actually wants to be bothered. 

"Do you know about that sunbae?"

But the friend proceed to listen, despite focusing on her An Abundance of Katherines book. "Who?" 

"You know… the one they talked about… she's coming back here?"

"Oh, her," Seungwan flipped out a page, eyes still glued on it. "You'll know."

"Damn, you're not giving answers."

"First of all, do I even look like I wanted to be disturbed?" She finally looks at her eyes with an unpleased expression. 

In return, Jooyeon rolls her eyes. "Whatever." 

Just after she said that, the teacher comes in. And everyone begins to settle themselves for the next subject. 

***

The girl feels like she's coming back to something so precious in her life; back to this high school with some friends and the nice teachers. 

Of course, she was a very clever girl with an angelic smile. Nobody could forgot about her and those special features that most people like. 

She is a witty, girl-next-door type of person, literally trying to spread kindness to everywhere possible. With her unstable family situation, she managed to tell herself to be strong and be veer thoughtful with people.

Or she hopes so, that this mind-set will stay forever. 

Back when she was a freshman, with her natural beauty, she did everything calmly and excellently. No excessive exposure, large number of people knew her, even the sunbaes liked her, which those older girls secretly wanted to be like her too. And in her second year, the hoobaes really looked up to her. Sadly, she had to move out of the country not long after the transition year. 

She was supposed to go back to her hometown and stay there, but she is now old enough to decide everything by herself. And the girl does not like her father and mother bickering and fighting everyday, so it was the best to move in here by herself. For God knows how long, she just wants to enjoy life for herself first. Even when now she only have one semester left in the third grade of this school. 

Breathe in…

Breathe out…

With this uniform and the positive vibes she's bringing on her sleeves; she believes everything will go well like it used to long ago.

 

***

 

It's actually been some days that Jooyeon has hung out with Seungwan. She learned that the girl is the kind of person who literally gives no to everyone and everything, and is 25/8 groaning about life and homeworks. Yet she is actually a skilful gamer and has joined a game developer team in this age. If you see a girl with round specs (but sometimes she'd take them off), long brown hair (sometimes tied in a messy bun) with side messy fringes reading a book while walking then it is definitely Son Seungwan, or Wendy as her English name since she used to live in Canada.

And maybe Jooyeon should be thankful that her new "friend" is quite of a careless woman; because of that she got her as a company at some times. 

Like now at lunch time, she can't help but to sit beside her again and once in a while looking all around the canteen just like any other people; they are kinda waiting for the sunbae to finally appear. 

"Wendy," Jooyeon begins to move her hand in front of her.

But she got no sign of life. Or whatever. "Yah, Son Seungwan." 

The haughty girl keeps closing her eyes, as she is too immersed with the song inside her headphones. 

"Wendy wendy wendy-- Hey, do you wanna go to the Wendy's after-"

"'s sake, Jennifer, stop." She tried to stand up from her seat and leaves her, yet the brunette keeps her to do so. 

Then Jooyeon chuckles, "Jennifer… I used to call my best friend that even when her name is actually only Jennie." 

As a return, Wendy just gave her a straight face, telling 'if you talk nonsense once again I'm seriously gonna murder you' look. 

She smiles cheekily despite of her 'friend's killer stare "It's Johanna, you can call me JJ/Gigi, Jay, Jo, whatever," But before the girl could proceed to her question, Wendy looks at her phone to see the tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter