#17 Enough

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.

-Anthony Brandt

 

"Oh God." Again, she said while widening her eyes. Even while shaking, she can still manage to immediately grab some tissue towel from her nearest spot. "I am so soo sorry-"

He immediately dodged her hands quite harshly, "Can you stop being so ing stupid for once?! Drunk people are normal, for 's sake, you ing coward!" Jungkook cursed loudly.

Suddenly, instead of feeling anxious, Jooyeon turns angrier that her hands start to shake more. Not done freaking out about Taehyung, then she has to deal with Jungkook who never acknowledge her phobia. And called her stupid. And a coward.

Which what she exactly feels.

Thankfully Yoongi who was also with them before, drags the two drunks into their own rooms. At least her biggest fear had gone and now she continues on dealing with Jungkook. "How can you say it's stupid when you don't ing know how it feels, Jungkook?" She said blatantly, without any honorific said to him.

"Yah!" He tried interjecting, but she keeps on. "-You are the coward! Only say things that you want to say but won't ever understand!" 

"You're only a piece of in here!" 

"And you just stuck in the past! No wonder Lisa also left you!" The girl knew everything because Lisa revealed the whole story to her and Jisoo the other day. How both of them were in love everything was in place but circumstances won't let them be together again, and Jungkook was too big-headed he wouldn't understand why she had to leave him (and somehow Jooyeon thinks that Jungkook was kinda blaming her for leaving him). 

Jungkook immediately stays silent. His eyes shows pain and disbelief. Jooyeon has seen that stare at the first time she came back here. For a moment, she was waiting for him to do something to her. 

"Get the out of this house, you are not my sister!" He said the last words, yelling from his lungs, then pushes one of her shoulders hardly that she fell down while leaving to his room. Seokjin just got home at the end of the fight and Yoongi came back after he took the two to their rooms, and then they went to the scene where last bit happened. They really thought it was a regular bickering until they actually heard what he said to her. Jimin and Hoseok also showed up too.

She is catching her deep breaths for a few seconds while on the floor, but she eventually stands up. Startling, now she's looking at four of her brothers also standing around her quite taken aback. It's their first biggest fight yet. 

Yoongi begins speaking. "Jooyeon-"

"I don't… deserve any of this. I don't belong here. All of you- Why do all of you treat me like ?!" She sobs in between yelling and cursing, running into her room right after that.

~

"You are amazing." Seokjin said, full on sarcasm.

Jungkook is on his bed with his back on his brother, not wanting a lecture in this moment. 

"Your 'disowning' joke is not funny at all, you know." With anger, the oldest said again.

But he stays quiet.  

"I want you to apologise to her-"

"I said what I said. She is not our sibling." "Jungkook!" Seokjin interrupted immediately and vigorously pulls his blanket which was upon him. 

"You have no reason to call her that. I don't wanna hear anything anymore and I want you to apologise." 

The brother left his room, complete with him slamming the door.

 

"She's been living with us trying to be included… and he had to say that? In front of her face so blatantly?" Yoongi, the one who's usually stays out of problems like this, now the one who cares so much. 

"And her phobia, hyung. I think l should check on her." Jimin volunteered himself, going to her room right away.

"I understand that maybe some of you still have doubts and all those things. But please, is it that hard to respect her? She never asked anything crazy from you, right?" Seokjin warned, almost pleading to the rest of her younger brothers.

Hoseok looks at the floor. He is the one who saw her from the trip; this feeling of the happiness being broken up by a sudden embarrassment. That's the most uncomfortable feeling ever. It's like hearing your name as a winner of something but they turned out saying the wrong candidate. "Honestly… it was heartbreaking to see her like that because I was just with her these past three days and she looked so happy. And in a second someone just ruined- yah, why are you here again?" He was interrupted by Jimin's appearance.

"She locked the door and was sobbing then asked me to leave her alone after I attempt two times to come in so… I couldn't do anything."

~

Jooyeon becomes quiet after the fight happened and now after a couple nights she still wouldn't go anywhere outside her room, locking herself inside committed to never coming out whenever her brothers are outside. At times there would be her brothers (excluding Jungkook) to knock on her door telling her to go out for a meal but she only answers with one, clear and stern "No." All she does is cry silently and blaming her late mother on this mess. If only she cared for my seven brothers as much as she cared for me. 

Mess in meaning that she actually knew what Jungkook was talking about. And she hates herself for thinking like that. At some points in her life, there was this question inside her head; which father shares her own blood?

Did she took me to London because I was actually his daughter?

Maybe Jungkook knew so that's why he loaths me?

That matter scares her so much and gives an infinite anxiety. Because to be honest, she would be disappointed at herself if it turned out to be real that she is only their half sister. Truly. That would make her look like a jackass. 

While lost in her thoughts, Seokjin comes back knocking her door; the first time out of meal schedule. And it's quite late at night. 

"Hey, we can't be like this no longer. Let me in please, Jooyeon." His muffled voice from behind the door sounds desperate.

Because she is still feeling petty, the girl doesn't really want to answer if it wasn't a "No." situation. So the oldest brother does not get his answer at all.

"Jooyeon, open the door." He tried to push the door handle but nothing works. Seokjin got a tad bit worried that she keeps mute. It's frightening him. "Jooyeon!" His voice went louder. 

Had an idea, she continues ignoring him.

Seokjin's knocks have stopped now as she heard a 'ding' outside. The girl sent a text that said "I'm good." then he sighs loudly, leaving her room feeling defeated. He wants to get angry at her too, for being this worrying. How can he do that with the wall and door built between them?

 

"We had the same doubt. I want to vanish that doubt. Jooyeon is our sister no matter what." Seokjin said very sternly and clearly not long after the fight, looking straight at Jungkook while saying that. The other six lads can tell he was super mad. It's always like this; prompt lecturing (lightfast even), and his expression changes like it was from another person. It is scary when he is truly angry, so nobody could disobey him. 

On Jungkook's side, he realised that he made a huge mistake. Some of them actually had the same concern way back then, but they found reasons not to be bothered by that. All of them saw her mother giving birth to her, including the 2 year-old Jungkook. So they ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter