#10 Wrecked

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to a family life.

- Barbara Bush

 

"You? What? Manchester? But, I- How? I always wanted to go there!" Jungkook, being the decent football player, stammers after he heard his hyung's announcement. He cannot believe of what Seokjin just said. In which the way he looked clueless seems funny for Jooyeon who is looking from afar. And quite rare.

"It's a business trip, Kook-ah. I only just found out about it too."

"When will you return, hyung?" Hoseok interjected before sipping his cola. 

He corners his mouth, remembering his given schedule. "I think in a week, includes the travel time," while preparing the luggage, he goes on. "As usual I leave you all to Yoongi and Namjoon. Do not ever betray them or you'll have something unpleasant from me." 

"Yes, mum." Most of them, almost in unity, responded. 

 

It is expected that after the oldest began to travel, the six of them trying to 'look after' Jooyeon as they can; in which this means that they will surely told her to do things much more than when Seokjin is around. If he's around, he would yell something like "Yah! This is little things, why do you need Jooyeon to do that?" or "Jooyeon is here just to help not to work for you!" 

Yet the girl couldn't really complain about that. It was her own words that settles her to this kind of treatments,

I will do anything for them, anything is the top motto of her being in this household. 

Moreover, the three youngest lads who are currently still enrol in an educational institution, respectively, are giving Jooyeon a bit of hard time that they pour all of their English home works to her. Thanks to the idea from Jimin. Though Jungkook wouldn't want to actually speak with her, he has got his works through Jimin instead. 

She should be used to these treatments. Well, surely she is but the fact that everyday is a whole different challenge is quite surprising for her. Last time Hoseok and Taehyung spent days experimenting dishes and cakes in the kitchen and good Lord they used a lot of equipments and she was the one cleaning every single thing. One time, Namjoon asked her to stand for 1 hour straight to hold a microphone because the standee just broke while he was writing music. And that day when Jimin asked her to translate a 31-page of his paper work within' 12 hour and she had to stay all night for that. There were too many unique demands; and somehow this annoys her more than the actual work.

This, however, impacted on the way she behave at school. Because of the lack of sleep, she tends to be grumpier-- even unfriendlier than Wendy Son. A bit advantage it is for the fact that she doesn't really have friends. Not really wanting anything, she only bought a cartoon of strawberry milk from the canteen and sit so far away in the corner from anyone else only by herself. 

Supporting her head with her knuckles, Jooyeon starts to flicks her pen vigorously and keeps staring at a couple of verse she has written for the poem assignment. 

a deer in the headlights, I am

waiting for it to shine, yet I am to sway

what else????!!?!?! --- (she doodles)

It grows her frustration wild, so the girl decided to go out with a faint groan, then tries to find the best spot possible; like the awkward three-wall space inside the gym (where once she eavesdropped a history between two past lovers).

Not long after she settled down in that space, someone is also coming nearby. When she heard the footsteps, it took her only seconds to realise that it was.. "Jungkook?" She whispers to herself as the figure walks past her. Sulking down, she hides herself more so he couldn't see her clearly.

 

After doing some artistic activity which was the last period of school, Jooyeon prepares herself to finally go back to her small-but-confortable bedroom. She couldn't wait to lie down with her warm blanket while listening to her favourite songs. 

Well, she'll just have to wait a little longer.

Yeri, only by herself, purposely crashes into her making the brunette falls down -first,

also with a crack from inside. "Argh!" 

"Oops. Didn't see ya there." The blonde scoffs then leaves her alone.

As soon as she wants to stand up, she just realised about the faint crack she just heard. It wasn't from her bones. "Oh damn- my ceramic pot!" Jooyeon immediately opens her bag and indeed, finding her own master

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter