Side Chapter: Junhyung and Hannah’s Conversation:

Roses or Laurels?

**Hey readers, I was going to leave this part out and fast forward time in the story, but I figured this might help you understand a bit why certain things are happening in the future chapters. Sorry it's short ><, but enjoy!**

 

“The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous.”

-Rabindranath Tagore

 

                “Hey,” she waved shyly. I don’t believe that she picked up my expression yet.

                “We have to talk,” I grabbed onto Hannah’s arm and pulled her into Studio B.

                “You-“ I paused quickly after the first word. I realized I wasn’t prepared to say or ask anything at all. What should I say now?

                “Yes?” She eyed me sweetly.

                I sighed after a few seconds.

                “Look, Hannah, you know yesterday…”

                “Yes I know. I get it now.” she replied quickly and rather happily.

                “No, I think you got the wrong idea.” I stuttered.

                “What do you mean? You saw me and then hugged me. I believe that when you said you loved me, you really meant it.”

                “That was what you misunderstood. Last night, I was drunk. My vision was blurred, and I… thought you were…” God, what am I even doing? “… someone else.”

                “Wait, so that hug wasn’t for me?” Her smile disappeared and she looked wronged, or maybe offended.

                “I’m sorry,” I apologized.

                “What? So are you telling me you never liked me?” She became irritated and upset.

                I almost forgot my reason for coming to find her. I finally asked, “Look, I’m really sorry. I came here because I have to ask you a question. Last night, what did you say to Jaelyn?”

                “You told me that you loved me. You even kissed me. Were you using me?” She ignored my question. She seemed to be in shock.

                “Look, I know I shouldn’t have done this. It's a bit complicated. It was all for revenge. I couldn’t control myself.”

                “Revenge?”

                “On Jaelyn. I regret it all now.”

                “Jaelyn again. Why is it always about her? It’s like everything revolves around her. What about me? I tried so hard, but I always end up with nothing!” Her voice became unsteady.

                “I know how you feel right now, but the person I love is Jaelyn.” I began walking away from her.

                “Yong Junhyung!” She screamed. “If you’re planning to end everything right now, I swear you’ll regret it!”

                Regret it? What else can I regret? The only thing I regret in life was hurting Jaelyn. I didn’t stop walking until Hannah said something else.

                “You want to know what I told her last night, right.” Her voice seemed to have calmed down. I turned around immediately to hear what she has to say. “I told her we were sleeping together.”

                “Were you out of your mind?!” I went back to her quickly. “Do you know what those words did to Jaelyn?”

                “Yes, I’m crazy. Junhyung, let me tell you this,” she whispered. “I’m willing to do anything for you,” she grinned.

                “Because of your words, Jaelyn she couldn’t wake up. She’s asleep in the hospital right now.” I looked into Hannah’s eyes for any sign of guilt. But they almost looked like happiness.

                “So what now? Are you going to wait for her to wake up now?”

                “Yes, I’ll wait forever.” She seemed surprised with my firm response.

                “You sure? If I were you, I would never go to see her again.” She said confidently. I gave her a puzzled look. She reached into her pocket for her phone. Then, she turned the screen at me. “If you ever leave me, I’m going to send this out to the world.” My eyes widened to the picture she took of me asleep on my bed. She was lying right next to me in the picture.

                “Hannah, why are you even doing this?”

                “Oppa,” she said innocently, “it’s because I love you too much. If I can’t have you, then neither can anyone else. So either you stay with me, or end up with nothing.”

                “I'd rather end up with nothing.” I turned away from her.

                “I’m sure the reactions of everyone would be interesting. Especially Jaelyn’s… if she ever wakes up that is.” I was stopped again by her words. I turned around and walked quickly back to her. I grabbed her on the shoulders. Then, I locked my lips tightly onto hers. I’m sorry, Jaelyn. I love you.