Paper Hearts

A Collection of Onkey Fluff Drabbles/Oneshots

 

He was coming home from another tiring and busy day at the studio. It was a jam-packed session and his entire body was beat but he wouldn't be doing anything else. Dancing was an art and it was a lifetime passion. The exhaustion was well worth it.
 
Besides he can always count on his adorable boyfriend to give him rubdowns. It was already becoming a ritual and Jinki had a way with his hands.
 
Not just with massages of course but that was an entirely different story.
 
As soon as he opens the door, after rummaging through his duffel bag from what seemed like forever, a sudden flurry of confetti rains on him and he had to blink twice to clear his view. He freezes on the spot.
 
"Happy anniversary Kibum."
 
And there right in the middle was his boyfriend, holding the most beautiful bouquet of pink roses paired with a pink balloon.
 
"J-Jinki?"
 
The beautiful smile that lights up Jinki's face almost had him in tears and he runs the short distance, dropping his bag, right straight into Jinki's arms, balloons and roses and all.
 
He'd been so busy he completely forgot that it was their anniversary.
 
Jinki wraps his arms tight around the younger boy, inhaling the sweet tangy scent of his blonde locks, then bends down to kiss the side of his neck.
 
"You--Jinki--you didn't have to. And I'm sorry. I've been so busy but--"
 
"Shhh. I know. Remember how I forgot our anniversary last time and you prepared me this whole dinner full of my favorite dishes and that gorgeous knitted scarf you took ages just to make?"
 
Kibum nods, sighing.
 
"I remember."
 
"Wait--Kibum-ah. There's more."
 
Wiping the tears that came unbidden in his eyes, he sniffs and before he could react, paper hearts come streaming down all around him and Jinki. He gasps in surprise and catches one in his hand, reading the words, written in Jinki's handwriting:
 
"one-hundred-and-a-million-things-i-love-about-you: your nagging."
 
He laughs and hits Jinki playfully, wrapping his arms around his neck.
 
"Ha. You better!"
 
Jinki catches another paper heart and reads:
 
"one-hundred-and-a-million-things-i-love-about-you: your scent."
 
"That's why you steal my shower gel and lotion on a daily basis."
 
"Oh you know it."
 
Kibum pecks his jaw.
 
"Here's another: one-hundred-and-a-million-things-i-love-about-you: how you hold me close."
 
His eyes go soft and he lays his head on Jinki's shoulder. "Mmmm."
 
The older boy wraps his arms around him, closing his eyes.
 
"I love you so much. Kibum-ah. I hope you know. Like these paper hearts. My heart can be really vulnerable when it comes to you."
 
"Yah--stop being cheesy."
 
Jinki laughs.
 
"Thank you Jinki. Really. This is the best anniversary surprise. ever."
 
Jinki wiggles his eyebrows. "There's more you know. I'll save that for later."
 
Kibum laughs, knowing exactly what he meant. "Naughty. I love you Jinki. Happy anniversary."