Sky Fish

A Collection of Onkey Fluff Drabbles/Oneshots

 

"Beautiful night out, isn't it?"
 
I glance at you, the beauty of the stars reflecting there in your gorgeous eyes. I curl my hands on the railing and say, "Yes, yes it is." while trying to suppress the longing in my heart.
 
We met by chance on that cold October day. There I was, in my too-thick layers of clothing with the wind ruffling the strands of my hair, staring at the colorful leaves gradually falling from the trees. You sat beside me on that park bench, two complete strangers, but somehow similar.
 
It seems far away since then, and as we stood here now, the night around us and the stars up above, I wouldn't be anywhere else.
 
"Kibum?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"Thank you."
 
"For?"
 
"For being you."
 
I wanted to get to know you more. The more time we spent together, the more I grew fond of you. With every meeting, we gradually became closer, and our meetings would always consist of meeting up by our bench at the park.
 
It came to the point though that these casual meetings weren't enough for me. I wanted to know everything about you. I wanted the chance to love you completely.
 
"I want to say thank you too." I say and turn to smile at you, and you smile back and just like that we were back in that comfortable silence I've grown accustomed to.
 
We stood under the star-lit night, the sounds of the crickets nearby and the scent of the night surrounding us, when a sudden thought crosses my mind. "I wonder how it feels like to swim like a fish. Do you ever wonder, Jinki? I think if I was ever reborn into another life, I'd like to be a fish. Like a fish in the sky."
 
"A fish in the sky?"
 
"Yes, then I'd be able to watch everything that's going on below."
 
"And what would I be then?"
 
"You'll be... the person that I'll be watching, the one who will watch you. Kind of like a guardian angel?"
 
You laugh warmly and cover my hands resting on the railings with your own.
 
"But wait, wouldn't that be a little unfair Kibum?"
 
I smile and entwine my fingers with yours. "No, but see that's the thing. I'd always be able to watch you from afar but not get to talk to you. I'd always know what's going on but not be able to be with you, and I think even if I was reborn in another life, I'd still want to be with you."
 
You move closer, and just like that, the entire world stops. I see the tender look in your eyes reflected by the moonlight and it almost brings me to my knees.
 
I tighten our joined hands together. "I want to know everything about you Jinki. All your tears, sadness, dreams, hopes, all your thoughts and fears. I want the chance to love you completely."
 
You caress my face gently and say, "I've always been yours for the taking, Kibum."