Dry Your Tears

A Collection of Onkey Fluff Drabbles/Oneshots

 

He tasted like strawberries. Like fresh strawberries on a spring day.
 
It happened one night, after coming home late from performing his new musical. Jinki still wasn't sure how he was able to manage it all, juggling their group activities with his musical, but he's coping with it somehow. Not to say he wasn't tired, because there was no doubt that he was.
 
Every night he'd come home though, the sobs coming from the bed beside his tore his heart in half.
 
Kibum kept it bottled inside him. He pretended to be strong, his usual stoic self, but at night he couldn't hold it in. The sobs that inevitably came always broke Jinki apart. 
 
He found Kibum huddled in his bed, pretending to sleep. He could tell he wasn't asleep though, because the slight shaking of his shoulders was visible even under the covers. Jinki clenched his fists in frustration. He wanted to hold him, comfort him, but was afraid of the rejection that might be evident in Kibum's eyes. 
 
He wasn't Jonghyun. He didn't have that close relationship that the two shared, but he had to admit, he and Kibum were becoming really close as of late. Kibum would sometimes wait for him at night, making sure he had food on the table just in case he didn't eat. They would talk about their day, Kibum giving him massages to relieve the stress. The musical took a toll on him physically but he loved doing his job.
 
Seeing him suffer like this was too much for Jinki. He breaks his resolve and approaches the bed slowly, "Kibum-ah..."
 
He heard sniffling, and Kibum's disheveled head pops out from under the blankets. Jinki flinched at the redness of his eyes, the tracks of his tears still visible on his cheeks.
 
"J-Jinki Hyung, you're home." Kibum says shakily, then he tries his hardest to smile up at Jinki, although it came out wobbly instead. "There's leftover food on the table if you're hungry. You just need to reheat it. How was your musical?" 
 
Jinki sighs, sitting on the bed. He wanted to hold him close, restraining himself.
 
"Kibum-ah, are you okay?"
 
Kibum's smile falters, looking away. "Yes, you should go and eat then head to bed, Hyung."
 
But Jinki didn't budge. "Kibum... tell me what's wrong." 
 
Kibum had no idea what prompted him to do so, it could have been the look in Jinki's eyes, he wasn't sure what it was, but he suddenly throws himself in Jinki's arms, burying his face against his chest. Jinki immediately wraps his arms around him, holding him tight.
 
"My Grandma... Jinki. I-I miss her. It still hurts deep down, thinking about her death. We were..." He sniffs, the continues. "We were so c-close, you see..."
 
"Shhhh..." Jinki murmured against the boy's hair.
 
"It's just times like these, at night especially... i-it hurts the most because during the day I have things to do to o-ocupy my time, but when I'm on my bed, trying to sleep... the hurt j-just comes rushing back in...."
 
Jinki rubbed his hands comfortingly on his back.
 
"J-Jinki..." 
 
Kibum looks up at him with those tear-stained eyes, red and puffy. He reaches a hand to wipe them away, his heart constricting against his chest.
 
With his heart beating erratically, he presses his chapped lips slowly against Kibum's soft ones. It wasn't a kiss of passion or need, it was simply a kiss of comfort.
 
But the taste lingered, Kibum's subtle sweetness, the faint taste of strawberries. 
 
That was all that registered in Jinki's mind, how sweet he tasted. That and the hint of saltiness mixed with his tears. His heart ached, wanting the younger boy so much.
 
Kibum was the first one to pull away, Jinki not failing to notice the redness in his cheeks. He reaches a hand to wipe the remaining wetness from the younger boy's swollen eyes with the pad of his thumb.
 
"Don't cry anymore, Kibum. Please, it hurts me to see you cry."  
 
"H-Hyung, thank you..." he said quietly with a sniffle, looking down, embarrassed to be seen like this. He hated this weakness in him, hated that Jinki had to see him in this state.
 
"Move over, Kibum-ah."
 
Kibum looked abruptly at Jinki, surprise etched in his features.
 
"W-what?" he stammered.
 
"I'm going to stay beside you until you fall asleep. No arguments, Kibum."
 
He moved to give Jinki some space and Jinki laid down beside the younger boy, his arms going around his small waist, fixing the blankets around them.
 
Kibum couldn't help the blush that stained his cheeks. Thankfully Jinki couldn't see, otherwise he would have died on the spot. He pressed his heated face against Jinki's neck, shyly wrapping his arms around Jinki's chest.
 
"Thank you, Hyung." he murmured and closed his puffy eyes, inhaling the sweet scent of vanilla coming from the older boy. 
 
Jink tightens his arm around him, reaching his other hand to his disheveled bed hair. "Don't cry anymore. Promise me."
 
Kibum nodded against his chest, the steady beat of Jinki's heartbeat slowly lulling him to sleep. 
 
He presses his face against the younger boy's hair and murmurs tenderly, "Goodnight."