Thunderstorms

A Collection of Onkey Fluff Drabbles/Oneshots

 

Kibum hated thunderstorms. It was a childhood fear that he hadn't outgrown, a silly phobia that he's had since a young child. 
 
So here he was trying to sleep in the wee hours of the morning, with the sound of the rain pouring harshly on the streets. The sound of the thunder crackling against the sky was enough to keep him up, huddling under the covers, shivering in fear. 
 
He hated it. The sound of the lightning had him so scared and it was so silly but no one knew. He didn't want anyone to know that the Almighty Key was afraid of such a silly thing as thunderstorms.
 
Which was why he was surprised when a pair of arms suddenly snakes around his waist and holds him close.
 
"Kibummie, it's okay, I'm here."
 
He froze at the contact, the familiar scent of Jinki enveloping him, the scent of vanilla and mint. 
 
"Jinki-yah..." he whispered.
 
"Shhh it's alright. Just go to sleep, okay?"
 
Kibum relaxed a little, still a bit terrified, but in his embrace he felt comfort. "But I thought you were asleep?"
 
He felt Jinki smile. "I was actually awake because the rain woke me up."
 
Kibum buried his head on his shoulder. "You probably think this is silly, right? But I'm really afraid of thunderstorms ever since I was young. I tried to outgrow it, but it's always been there."
 
Jinki wraps his arms tighter around him. "It's not silly. Everyone has a phobia. I actually used to be afraid of thunderstorms too, did you know?"
 
"Really?"
 
"Yes, but the fact that my Mom was always there to comfort me made the phobia lessen over the years that I eventually outgrew it."
 
Kibum smiles and whispers, "I wish I had someone like that when I was younger. I was too embarrassed to let anyone know. So I guess having someone to hold really helps, doesn't it?"
 
He felt Jinki smile. "Yes, it does. But you really shouldn't be embarrased about it, Kibum."
 
No sound was heard for awhile, only the sound of the thunder and rain was faintly heard in the background, the two figures huddled in the bed.
 
Then a faint rustling was heard, and Kibum whispers. "Jinki..."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"I just wanted to say thank you."
 
Jinki smiles gently and kisses the side of Kibum's hair in response. 
 
Kibum eventually falls back to a peaceful sleep, the fear of the thunderstorm long gone. 
 
As long as Jinki was there, everything would be alright.