Enchanted (het!Onkey)

A Collection of Onkey Fluff Drabbles/Oneshots

 


A/N: wrote this awhile back, it's a het!onkey regency one-shot. :) slightly inspired by taylor swift's enchanted. <3
 
 
 
The ballroom was crowded as I sat there in my too tight corset and pink ball gown, watching everyone around me mingle and dance. It was the same thing over and over again; the usual insincere talk and banter, the fake smiles.
 
I was honestly getting tired of it all.
 
I watched young women my age flirt a little too much with the eligible men, wiggling their fans, blushing too brightly under all the rouge they applied on their cheeks. Everything had to be perfect; to the coiffed hairstyle, the make-up, dress, down to the mannerisms and expressions.
 
They of course had only one goal in mind: to snag a rich husband and get married. It was all too predictable.
 
I sighed, wishing I was anywhere else but here.
 
Suddenly I see the most charming smile, blinding me in its sincerity, capturing my attention. A toothy smile that made a pair of gorgeous eyes crinkle on the sides.
 
I was instantly captivated.
 
Those same eyes meet mine in a split second and my entire world shifts.
 
My hands shook, my heart beating quicker, as I watch you come closer towards me. I stood up slowly, trying to hide my excitement, my nervousness.
 
Before I knew it, you were standing right in front of me, wearing that same smile, capturing my heart.
 
In a sea of insincerity, you were a breath of fresh air.
 
"Hello."
 
You were even more charming and handsome up close. My hands shake slightly, as I let your gloved hands envelop mine, lifting it with a small perfunctory kiss on my knuckles.
 
I swallowed nervously. "Hello kind Sir. I'm Gwiboon. Kim Gwiboon."
 
You nod your head in response and I watch as a small strand of your bangs fall from your hair making me want to reach for that strand and tuck it behind your ear.
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Gwiboon. I'm Lee Jinki."
 
"I- I have never seen you around here before?"
 
"I am only here visiting my stepbrother, Choi Minho."
 
"The Earl engaged to be married?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Oh. I see."
 
You smile again and my heart sang.
 
"May I have this dance?"
 
I nod and you take my arm in yours, wrapping it gently with yours as we make our way towards all the other dancing couples. We swayed along to the music, as I floated in air, dancing in your arms.
 
I was absolutely enchanted.
 
 
 
 
 
"There's a bit of a chill in the air tonight."
 
"Yes." I say as I tighten my hands on the railing of the balcony.
 
"Are you cold, Miss Gwiboon?" you ask and I watch the worried furrow of your brows form.
 
"I'm fine." I respond, watching the breeze ruffle your cravat and the brown strands of your hair.
 
I couldn't help but smile.
 
"Regardless, it's a beautiful night out tonight."
 
"It is."
 
We don't say much for awhile, content to be in each other's presence, as we stood there side by side under the starlit night.
 
"Sir Jinki-"
 
Before I could continue, the sound of my friend Taeyeon's voice interrupted me.
 
"Gwiboon?"
 
I turn around abruptly, watching the approaching figure of my best friend come closer.
 
"I've been looking all over for you. We must go, the carriage is ready."
 
I hesitate, looking back at the young man who stole my heart. I watch as a play of emotions come across your face, and then with a smile you say, "You should be on your way."
 
"Yes."
 
You gently take my gloved hand in yours and tighten my shawl around my shoulders. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Miss Gwiboon. Stay warm and enjoy the rest of your evening."
 
"Thank you, kind Sir."
 
With one last look, I leave, my heart full.
 
 
 
 
I replayed our meeting many times that night as I readied myself for bed, brushing my hair in front of the mirror.
 
The sight of your smile was still intact in my mind and I sighed, wishing I had more time spent with you.
 
After braiding my long auburn hair in a ribbon, I sat on my bed, staring at nothing. I couldn't quite sleep yet.
 
I remembered it all in perfect detail; thoughts of you swimming in my mind and I wondered if you were captivated with me as I was with you.
 
Unanswered questions were suddenly weighing heavily in my heart. What if you were already in love with someone else? What if you were already betrothed to marry another?
 
Sleep was the last thing on my mind that night.
 
 
 
 
The next morning as I was eating my breakfast in the lunchroom, the butler comes in with a message.
 
"Miss Gwiboon? You have a caller."
 
My heart skips a beat.
 
"A caller?"
 
"A gentleman named Lee Jinki would like to see you."
 
 
 
 
"I had to see you again."
 
I couldn't quite hide the blush staining my cheeks under my pink floppy hat. I was nervous and too excited I could barely keep my emotions in place.
 
We were taking a stroll down the park with my arm tucked under yours. I was not expecting to see you again so soon.
 
"It's a beautiful day out. Don't you think?"
 
"Wonderful." 
 
"Miss Gwiboon?" you ask softly, taking my hands, turning around to face me.
 
"Yes?"
 
"The truth of the matter is, I sought you out today because I had a question to ask."
 
A question?
 
"Miss Gwiboon, I'd very much like the chance to court you."
 
The question didn't register in my mind at first, but when it did, happiness blossomed in my heart that I could hardly breathe.
 
"I'd... oh I'd like that very much." I whispered shakily in response.
 
You simply smile, capturing my heart all over again just like you did on that crowded ballroom.
 
I was yours.