.4.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was very nice of the boys to let her stay with them for however long she felt the need to. The house that she had been calling home was still so very foreign to her and she would rather not have to face Hyunseok so soon. She knew that the other didn't seem to think the same way as Yeonhee did, but she couldn't be sure of anything else.

The boys normally got to school by foot since they used their vampire speed to cover most of the distance before they would slow down to a normal walking pace when they got closer to the school. But since Nari was staying with them, they finally had a reason to use one of their numerous cars that were usually kept in their spacious garage.

It was the following Monday and honestly, Nari thought she had gotten used to all the stares around the school when she was seen with any other boys, but she sure as hell wasn't prepared for this.

Jongdae had kindly offered to drive her to and from school that day and who was she to refuse the kind offer? She just completely forgot about how the rest of the student body would react when the two of them exited the same car in the morning. Word spread like wildfire about what had happened in the morning and thank goodness Jongdae had been kind enough to walk her over to her homeroom as well, otherwise Nari was sure that she would have been attacked by one of the female students.

Even as she sat in her seat by the windows of the classroom, she felt almost suffocated by all the stares and murmurs. It seemed like the other people in the classroom were too busy to notice, or perhaps they didn't see it because of some sort of hypnosis, but in through the small gap of the window, a piece of paper flew in and landed right on Nari's desk.

Opening the folded piece of paper, though she didn't know quite who had what power, she knew that it was from the boys. She read over the message a couple of times and was a bit confused.

We've heard what some people have been saying after seeing you come to school with Jongdae.
We'll be looking out for you, but just be careful if you're ever alone, okay?
Most of them are just empty threats, but some sound a bit more serious... Be careful today, Nari.
- Kyungsoo

Just as she was getting comfortable in the new school, she was the target for some rather immature bullying. Though from what Kyungsoo had written to her, it seemed like it might not just be the stereotypical high school bullies that she would be faced with.

The teacher walked in and greeted them just as Nari shoved the piece of paper into her pocket and began paying attention to her first classes of the day, all whilst being conscious about who was watching her or if there was anyone behaving a bit strangely.

From what she could see, it didn't seem like it was anyone in her class.

 

 

 

Thankfully she could spend her recess and lunch breaks with the boys so she wouldn't feel so anxious. They all realised that the only time that Nari would truly be alone would be either going to the bathroom or if she had some kind of errand to run for a teacher. The boys didn't want anything happening to her so they made sure that at least one of their ears were always tuned in on the girl and her surroundings and if anything were to happen, whoever was closest would make an excuse and go to Nari.

With how serious the boys seemed to be about this matter, Nari was rather antsy since it was big enough of a threat that they were now worried about her that much.

 

 

It happened when they least expected it.

Nari's last class was gym and of course, the girls and guys were each in their respective change rooms. Maybe Nari should have noticed how weird it was that everyone had left rather quickly once they were dressed, only leaving her and another couple of girls in the change room. And maybe, Nari should have noticed that as those last couple of girls left, there was a rather obvious sound of a lock being clicked shut.

Nari froze slightly when she realised that she had been locked inside the change room with no one else. She began to panic since none of the guys were really that close by since they didn't have gym that day. She finished get

Please log in to read the full chapter