.17.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Waking up to the familiarity of her bed and the warmth of her room certainly made it seem like it had only been a nightmare that she had gone through. Though, when she opened her eyes and she saw the IV bag hanging up beside her bed, with the tube leading down to her arm, Nari realised that it hadn't been a nightmare.

There was a soft knock at the door and then Minseok and Kyungsoo were walking in a moment later.

"Nari, so good to see that you're awake," Minseok greeted and it was obvious that Kyungsoo looked very relieved as well.

Nari nodded and slowly sat up against the headboard. "Baekhyun-oppa must have gone a bit crazy..." she chuckled tiredly.

"We all did, but he was especially agitated," Minseok chuckled and hummed.

Though she was laughing, Kyungsoo could tell that Nari was still quite unwell. "How are you feeling by the way? You've been unconscious for a few days," he asked softly.

Nari turned to look at Kyungsoo, his soft, deep voice drawing her attention away from the pureblood. "I'm still pretty tired... My body doesn't feel as heavy as before though," she commented, glancing down at herself.

"As before..?" Minseok echoed.

The girl looked up at the two vampires and blinked a few times, "Yeah, I woke up for a moment in the middle of everything. I just remember feeling really cold and heavy," she explained and clenched both her hands into fists before relaxing them. "It was really weird..."

Minseok and Kyungsoo exchanged glances before frowning.

"Nari? Would it be alright if I asked a little favour from you?" Minseok asked.

 

 

Nari had missed that week of school because she needed plenty of natural rest to recover. There was only so much that Yixing could help her with after all.

That following weekend though, all the vampires in the mansion gathered round in the living room, bringing Nari down from her bedroom to also accompany them since they had to have a chat.

"So, I know that a few of you would have been against this, so I did it with only Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Yixing's knowledge of the situation. But, I had Nari's DNA tested," Minseok began and he already saw frowns appearing on Baekhyun, Jongdae and Sehun's faces. "It's all for good reason, and I made sure to get Nari's explicit consent, Kyungsoo can attest to that."

"Don't worry, I let him," Nari reassured verbally so that the others wouldn't worry so much.

With a grateful nod, Minseok continued. "I got the results back this morning, from our dear cousin, Heechul. And it's as I suspected." Turning to look over at Nari, the pureblood opened his mouth to speak after a couple of moments. "It's very far back in your ancestry. At least eight generations before you. But you have a very small amount of vampire blood in you."

It was silent in the room for a while, no one brave enough to speak up.

"Although it is such a small amount left in you, it explains why vampires, rogue or sane, are easily drawn to you. It explains why that wench of a fake mother of yours had a strong dislike towards you, because her inner hunter could subconsciously sense that small amount in you. And it also explains how you were able to experience momentary consciousness when that bastard kidnapped you and so much blood out of you," Minseok explained more clearly so everyone could understand.

"And it's also part of the reason why you seamlessly joined our coven despite being a human," Chanyeol added with a grin.

Nari looked around the room and nodded a bit. "Makes sense," she smiled. With her smile, the others all seemed to relax a bit more

Please log in to read the full chapter