.14.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was pretty easy to make plans with Hwayoung and they had had an awesome girls day out to watch a movie, do some shopping and just catch up about their holidays.

When Nari was back home and she had gotten into her room to rest up for the night, she decided to get some water from the kitchen before actually sleeping. Humming softly to herself as she headed down to the kitchen, she noticed one of the guys in the dining room, just sitting alone.

Deciding to take a little detour from getting some water, Nari walked over to the dining table and sat opposite of the one sitting down already - which turned out to be Sehun. "Oppa, what are you doing just sitting down here by yourself?" she asked softly. Though Sehun rarely showed too much emotion on his face, Nari could tell when the other wasn't feeling that great by now.

"Just... some unpleasant memories," he said softly as he stared out the window.

Nari tilted her head slightly and pulled her chair in more. "Did you... wanna talk about it?" she whispered, feeling as though if she spoke too loudly, it would be rude.

Sehun seemed to consider the offer for a little while before he opened his mouth to speak. "There was a lot of violence during that time. In school we weren't allowed to speak Korean and if we did, then we would be beat by the Japanese teachers... I remember when there were rumours being spread about a society that was going to create a standardised Korean dictionary to preserve our language. They were so brave and reckless to do such a thing, but they did it. And the dictionary was released after we regained independence."

There was a silence then. But Nari knew that the vampire was still thinking for a little while.

"I'm going to go and visit my family tomorrow," Sehun said, just a bit louder. "Would you like to join me?"

 

 

It was a surprisingly short drive to where the graves of Sehun's family lay. It was a bit strange to see Sehun's own grave there alongside his family, but it had been the only way at the time to let him disappear - to fake his death.

They were both wearing grey coats since it was rather cold and wearing black didn't seem like it would exactly suit the occasion as well as grey would.

Nari didn't say anything for a while as she let Sehun put down his bouquets of flowers first.

"I know it's been a while since my last visit... But I had my reasons. I just wanted to say thank you, for trying to save me back then. I know it must have been hard to deal with a kid like me. Chanyeol and the others are taking great care of me as always. And we're all living one of the best parts of our long lives thanks to Nari here," he said. He hummed and looked over to Nari so she could have her turn.

Nari stepped forward and placed the bouquets beside each of the ones Sehun had placed before stepping back. She looked at the family's graves and took a deep breath. "I don't really know what Sehun-oppa feels a lot of the time, but I know that he is someone who has deep feelings but just doesn't express them much. I wanted to thank you as well, for protecting him. And I just wanted you all to know that, for however long I may live and know them for, I'll be sure to make Sehun and the others happy." Nari looked over to

Please log in to read the full chapter