.19.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

warning: not graphic, but the situation later on in the chapter may make some people uncomfortable(?) 

One of the few faces looked extra delighted to see Nari, though she didn't know why since she was meeting them all for the first time.

She bowed to them all in respect of course and they all seemed to take it well. She introduced herself and then waited for them to be introduced as well.

Chanyeol stepped forward and gestured to the other three vampires. The first one, who was in the same colours as Heechul, but instead in a tuxedo, was named Luhan. He was a pureblood as well, whereas the other two weren't. Tao and Kris were their names and the former was around Joonmyun's age, whereas Kris was closer to Sehun's age. Though it didn't matter too much since they weren't going to age any time soon.

Kris and Tao were both part of the same coven, both of them wearing their own stylish lilac and blue suits.

"I'm so glad to see that you're better, Nari," Luhan said after the introductions were made.

Nari tilted her head slightly and looked around to the guys. "Was he there..?" she asked curiously.

Minseok nodded to the girl, taking a step closer to her, "He was. We would honestly have had enough reasons to get rid of that bastard who nearly killed you, but Luhan here brought the official letter from the council for us to get rid of him," Minseok explained.

It took a moment for Nari to understand, but once she did, she bowed to Luhan slightly once more with a shy smile, "Thank you," she said, quite grateful that the guys didn't have to go through some trouble if they had just killed the other vampire without an official letter.

 

As they had been chatting, Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Sehun had all become somewhat hyperaware about a few people in the hall. The three of them exchanged glances, but said nothing, not wanting to ruin the mostly positive festivities.

 

After chatting to them for a little bit, Nari walked over with a couple of the guys to a slightly more secluded spot, wanting to move away from the curious gazes for a little bit. "I get the stares... but some of them are bit," she mumbled and sighed softly. "Your cousins seem pretty nice though."

Yixing chuckled softly and shrugged, "They're nice, but they aren't really our cousins. We just call them that since it's easy to pass them off that way when we need proof of family or something," he explained. The healer looked over to Sehun who was with them and quirked a brow slightly, "Sehun, everything okay?"

Nari turned to the taller vampire as well and saw him looking a bit distracted. "Just... sensing some nosy people," he responded. He kept looking around for several moments before turning back to them. "Remember what we said, alright? If at any point you feel uncomfortable- "

"- or tired, I can ask to go home for the night," Nari finished and hummed. "I'll be alright for a little while longer," she reassured. They went back to find the others, but as they approached them, Nari felt rather lost as she heard Minseok, Chanyeol and Heechul all speaking a very odd sounding language.

Sensing her confusion, Sehun leaned down closer to her ear, "They're speaking in what we now call middle-age Korean. They were all around during that time and they can still speak it," he explained.

Nari nodded a few times, still in a bit of awe since there were obviously some sounds that she recognised, but a lot of it sounded rather foreign to her contemporary ears. "Can you and the younger ones understand them?" she asked, turning to Sehun once more.

Shrugging slightly, Sehun hummed, "We've caught onto some things, but we can't really understand or speak it. Joonmyun and Baekhyun can understand them almost a hundred per

Please log in to read the full chapter