.7.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yixing smiled and nodded to Nari, "Yeah, I was the next one that Chanyeol came by. Though many think that I was changed by Minseok," he said rather calmly.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" Chanyeol exclaimed, pouting a bit since he felt a little offended.

"But," Yixing added and gently held the slightly younger pureblood's hand, "Chanyeol is the only one who would try and recklessly rescue someone in the middle of a war," he hummed. He kept a hold of the pureblood's hand, always grateful to Chanyeol.

 

It was pretty chaotic these days wherever you went. Towns were either being destroyed or had been destroyed by the conflict, and it was difficult to even sleep peacefully anymore. Yixing had managed to dodge the mandatory conscription for the military and made a run for it with his mother and sister. His father had stayed behind and made sure that they were able to escape with enough time.

His mother was quite able, and his sister was only a couple years younger than him so it wasn't too hard to keep up the pace as they headed down south. Their plan was to seek refuge in the peninsula country of Korea and once there, they wanted to rebuild their lives. They would make the effort to learn a whole new language if it meant their futures would be more likely to be guaranteed.

They were only a day or two of travel away from the border when they had to stop by a town to retrieve supplies. They hadn't noticed that the town was eerily quiet, or that it didn't seem to be lived in by anyone because so many towns were abandoned during the conflict.

So, when they were taken hostage by a group of rebels, it had been quite the surprise. They had their existing supplies stolen and then they were tied up and left in a room in one of the abandoned houses.

And knowing of what could happen if they tried to oppose the rebels, they stayed quiet since at least they were together.

That was until nightfall.

It was strange because they suddenly heard yelling and then the smell of smoke began to filter into the room. They barely heard any footsteps in the hallway before the door to the room was shoved open, the lock now useless as it had been broken. And in the doorway, there was a tall man in all black with a scarf wrapped around the lower half of his face.

Yixing and his family began to worry slightly since this man's eyes were a bright red.

"Come, we must go," the strange man said as he approached the three of them. His movements were so quick and soon enough, they were released from their restraints and were following the strange man. They could tell he wasn't actually Chinese, there being a slight accent, but he was saving them so they believed that he could be trusted for now.

As they left the house, and continued to head southward, they witnessed fires burning on patches of the ground outside. The strange man reached out with an open hand, closing it into a fist and just like that, the flames were gone.

"You're heading south, correct?" the strange man asked.

"Yes, we are. Who are you? And how did you know?" Yixing asked, making sure his mother and sister were behind him just in case.

"My name is Chanyeol. I'm from Korea. Nevermind how I knew that for now. I'll make sure all three of you make it over the border safely."

 

"So what happened to your mother and sister?" Nari asked curiously.

"Well, I stayed with them for a little while, just until they were able to speak Korean better and they got settled down a bit," Yixing explained. "Chanyeol offered and I accepted to join him and the others. My mother and sister took it quite well since they already knew that I wanted to join Chanyeol and the rest. They have both passed away since, but they lived good lives thanks to Chanyeol," he smiled. The Chinese vampire gently squeezed Chanyeol's hand once more.

Nari looked at the two fondly before turning to Sehun who had adjusted in his seat a bit, "So you joined them next?" she asked.

"I was the last one who was changed by Chanyeol," Sehun began, smiling to the aforementioned pureblood.

 

Times were tough for anyone living in Korea, or any of the occupied countries for that matter. Going to school was difficult, and not because of the workload. Everywhere you turned, you had to be extra careful. Families did t

Please log in to read the full chapter