.1.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Another night of the same dream.

Nari sighed softly as she got out of bed, getting ready for the first day as a junior in her new high school. It was a bit odd to enrol in a new school halfway through the school year, but with her parents insisting that they had to move due to their jobs, Nari practically had no say in the matter. She looked in the mirror as she fixed up her tie and skirt a bit before grabbing her bag and blazer as she headed downstairs for breakfast.

Her parents, as usual, had left already for work and as she ate her breakfast, she watched some TV to pass the time. She cleaned up quickly before pulling on her blazer and shoes, making sure her socks were pulled up all the way up her thighs, grabbing her bag and keys and leaving the house. She didn't live too far from the school, just a ten minute walk away.

 

 

 

When she got to the school, her presence seemed to be made known rather quickly seeing as there were rarely many transfer students. She went to the main office and was soon greeted by the headmaster. It took about half an hour to make sure everything was settled before she was lead to her homeroom to greet some of her new peers. Once all the introductions were out of the way, and she was assigned a seat, Nari got a bit more comfortable, ignoring the constant stares from some students.

Was it really that strange to see a new student? Or maybe these students were just that bored.

 

 

 

Lunch time rolled around eventually and Nari found herself wandering about rather than sitting somewhere to eat. She needed to get familiar with the school grounds after all.

She hummed softly as she walked about, looking around the halls and eventually lead herself to one of the more secluded areas of the school. She saw that there was an archway that lead into a garden which was fenced by tall hedges. Hearing some laughter, she approached the archway and walked through it quietly. She looked around the hedges and was met with a group of boys who were sitting under the shade of a white gazebo. When she looked over at them, they all went quiet and looked back at her. Feeling a little flustered by all the stares, Nari turned right back around and headed back towards the buildings.

"Hey!"

Nari heard a male's voice from behind her and turned around stiffly, "Uh, yes?" she responded.

"Yeah, you're that new girl, right?" the boy asked. When he received a nod, he held out a hand and smiled, "I'm Minseok."

Nari smiled and shook the other's hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm Nari." She noticed that the other's hand was pretty cold but didn't say anything as she let go. "Sorry if I disturbed you and your friends... I was just wandering around," she explained. "I should probably get going," she smiled and then turned around to leave.

 

 

 

"She has an interesting scent, I must say," commented Baekhyun. "Wonder what her blood tastes like," he wondered aloud, earning a light whack to the back of his head, "Ow!"

"Don't say such rash things," Joonmyun scolded.

"We better keep an eye on her though," Kyungsoo commented, "Wouldn't want anyone else in the school to lay their hands on her."

 

 

 

School was over pretty quickly and before leaving the premises, she was called to the front office just to see how things had been for her on her first day. Once that was done, she made her way out, noticing that the school was very quiet since everyone left so quickly. Just as she left through the gates, she heard footsteps behind her. She stopped without looking back and the footsteps stopped as well. She walked a few more met

Please log in to read the full chapter