.13.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Although they were still on holiday and they were there to relax and enjoy themselves, Nari couldn't help but notice the extra attention the boys were giving her.

The boys had their reasons though, but the main one was the fact that Nari was indeed only human - the drowning incident highlighted that fact very clearly for them. With such a short lifespan compared to their own, as well as being so easily wounded, they really didn't know what would happen if and when one day, Nari would just leave them behind.

Of course, being the worrywart that he was, and being unable to hide it, Baekhyun was the first one that Nari noticed. "Oppa? Are you okay? You've been seeming a bit off for the last couple of days," she asked in concern as she joined him under the shade of the beach umbrella.

Baekhyun shook his head a bit and smiled to the girl as he leaned back on his hands, "It's not something you need to worry about, dear. All this free time is just letting me think a bit too much," he said. Though it wasn't the most clear answer, it wasn't a complete lie either. Maybe it was because he had had a taste of her blood, and the others hadn't, but he felt a bit more distraught with the idea that Nari would leave them one day.

Without warning, Nari was pulled into a hug, but she guessed that the vampire didn't even realise what he was doing since he had gone so quiet. She relaxed and hugged him back, staying like that together for a while.

 

 

A similar situation happened later that night, though this time it was Jongdae who was hugging Nari. They were in the hallway in front of their rooms and the vampire had stopped and hugged Nari, so very tightly, but not enough to squeeze her to death. It was more like he just didn't want to let go.

 

It was rather strange and she guessed that her confusion was rather obvious since Minseok visited her room a bit later that night. "Oh hey oppa, are you going to wordlessly hug me too?" she asked rather jokingly and let the pureblood inside.

"Well, not unless you want me to," he chuckled and went over to sit on the spare bed as Nari got comfortable on her one. "But I just wanted to let you know why the boys have been a bit... odd."

"Please tell me, oppa! They've been so weird for the last couple of days," she almost whined, even leaning forward a bit.

Minseok chuckled softly at the girl's unusual behaviour but answered nonetheless. "It's not just those two. All of us, even Chanyeol and I, have felt a bit more concerned than usual ever since you nearly drowned to death. We have so much fun and such a nice time being with you Nari, that we sometimes forget that you're human and can die..." If he had been human, he would have sighed, but he did let his shoulders sag for a moment from habitually acting like a human. "And I guess we have become so attached that we don't want to lose you," he added and looked up over at her, "even to death," he said softly.

It was silent for a while, and if the boys had been human, they would have all been holding their breaths.

"I'm glad... that so many people care about me like that," she said softly. She looked down at her hands before looking back up to the pureblood. "Guess we'll just have to make the most of our time

Please log in to read the full chapter