.18.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

It took another week for Nari's complexion and energy level to return back to normal, but her skin still had an odd paleness to it that it didn't have before.

Minseok had asked their cousin, Heechul, about it and was informed that it was most likely a permanent side effect from what Nari had gone through.

"Minseok? Taeyong and Jaehyun are here," Kyungsoo told the pureblood.

 

 

Minseok went out to meet the two wolf boys in the front yard and greeted them. Jaehyun gave his usual friendly hug since he was quite close with all of the coven whilst Taeyong just gave a slight nod and waited patiently.

"So? What did you find out?" he asked.

Minseok turned to Taeyong and smiled, "You both share the same mother, though it's your fathers that are different. It's why it took so long for you to even get close to finding her."

Taeyong was quiet for a few moments before he let out a sigh, "Well, she's still my sister... And I'm guessing you have an explanation as to why I still feel antsy around her?"

The pureblood nodded, "Our dear Nari has the tiniest bit of vampire blood in her. It goes quite a fair bit back in her ancestry, so she isn't actually a vampire. She has the tendency to almost smell like one, I guess you could say."

It took another couple of moments for Taeyong to react, but then he just nodded and turned around to head back out.

Jaehyun sighed and gave Minseok another hug before waving goodbye as he followed Taeyong out.

 

 

Nari had had a long afternoon of working on assignments with Hwayoung. She had just come back home and so she thought it was best to have a bath. On her way up to her room though, Minseok stopped her for a moment. "Hey oppa," she greeted happily. She had noticed that he had been out during the day for the last few days.

"Hello, Nari," he greeted back before pulling out a paper. "Would you happen to be free next weekend?" he asked.

The girl was a bit confused as to why he was asking, but she answered, nodding her head, "I'm free, yes. Why?"

"There is a ball being held a about a city away from here next weekend. It's mainly for covens to meet and mingle. I received a special grant that has allowed our coven to bring you along with us. Normally humans aren't allowed because usually there aren't any humans in covens, but, you're a special case. We're all going and our cousins would love to meet you," he explained.

Nodding a bit, Nari smiled to the pureblood. "I'll go with you all. I need to get a dress or something, right? And I'll be with one of you at all times?" she asked, wanting to make sure. Not that she doubted that they wouldn't keep her safe, but it did seem like a decently big event.

"Of course. Joonmyun and Yixing have already thought of a place to take you to get fitted for a gown. And we are planning to make sure you're with at least two of us at all times during the ball," he reassured.

 

Minseok had been right, and that weekend, Joonmyun and Yixing had taken her to a very luxurious looking boutique, where she had measurements taken. "We already have our outfits for the ball. And so that no two covens clash, we are each assigned a colour palette of sorts. This year, we've been assigned black and silver," Joonmyun had explained.

Nari was surprised by how organised this event was, considering it was only held every few decades. It didn't take very long for the dress to be finished either and it was ready and sent to the mansion the day before the event.

 

They had even hired a makeup artist and hair stylist to help Nari on the day - or rather night -

Please log in to read the full chapter