.15.

For Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You're really alive," Taeyong muttered softly. His words were soft, but his following actions weren't exactly friendly. He suddenly had Baekhyun pressed up against the wall behind them and his expression was close to livid.

But before anyone else could say anything, Nari came forth and shoved the wolf off of Baekhyun, slapping Taeyong.

"Nari- " Yixing tried to say, but was cut off by the said girl.

"You do not just walk into this house and try and pick a fight with someone. I don't care if you're part of their pack, you don't do that," Nari stated clearly, glaring at the wolf boy. She took a deep breath and then Yixing was beside her the next second, immediately healing her hand before it could swell up from slapping a werewolf. "Thank you, oppa." She turned to Baekhyun with a slight worried gaze and dusted off his shirt and made sure he was alright.

"I'm fine, dear," Baekhyun reassured her and was soon standing back up, though he took a glance back at the wall and grimaced at the slight dent.

The tension was palpable in the room to say the least.

Taeyong watched on as all the vampires in the room seemed to be making sure that Nari was alright, and they all seemed to listen to her. "I'm... sorry," he said, just loud enough for them to hear him. He took a glance around before looking right at Nari. "It's just... I've been looking for you for a very long time- "

Nari crossed her arms across her chest, "Right, so what did you exactly need to see me for?" she asked. She wasn't exactly in the best mood now.

"I'm... your brother," Taeyong said.

 

"What?" Nari muttered. She saw Taeyong take a step forward and immediately held a hand up. After a couple moments, she grabbed the two people closest to her - which turned out to be Baekhyun and Yixing - and headed out to the backyard of the mansion, where there was a nice garden which both Yixing and Kyungsoo looked after.

The two vampires exchanged looks of concern before Yixing moved a bit closer and offered a hug.

Nari accepted it gratefully and took a few moments to calm herself before turning to Baekhyun again, "Are you sure you're okay, oppa?" she asked.

Baekhyun nodded to her and gently fixed up her hair. "I'm sure, dear. Did you want a cup of tea perhaps?"

After getting a cup of tea ready for her, the three of them went over to the gazebo in the garden, sitting at the table to relax. The two vampires knew that they shouldn't leave Nari alone at a time like this, so even though she didn't say anything, they still sat there with her. Eventually Sehun joined them, letting them know that the wolf boys had decided to leave since it was obvious that nothing was going to be happen after the little stunt Taeyong pulled.

 

It took a little while, but eventually Nari decided to head inside and up to her room. She needed a bath and to be alone for a little bit. She knew the intentions of the vampires were good in trying to keep her company, but being told by this stranger that they were your brother having that same person hurt someone you cared about within a matter of a few seconds? That was something she needed some alone time to process in her head.

She did most of the things on autopilot before tucking herself into her bed.

Nari had a brother - supposedly. An older one at that. It was strange to think that this whole time she had had a brother but she never knew. She supposed that it was possible considering the people she had called her parents weren't actually

Please log in to read the full chapter