Blue Moon

Once in a Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been three months now since Su Ji lived here. Life had settled down in a daily routine, but there was always the occasional drama at school to keep things lively. Studies took up a lot of her time; unfortunately, each teacher thought that their subject was the most important and treated it as such. But it was by far a lot less pressure than her old school in Seoul, where they had mock-exams every few weeks or so.

Every day, Su Ji was accompanied home by the wolf.

Every day, the wolf would come just a bit closer to her – by such a small degree that Su Ji didn't even notice it. Once in a while, it would turn it's head that way and she swore that it smiled at her.

The last day when they were studying To Kill a Mockingbird was by far a day of relief, finally, she would no longer have to work with Namjoon! And yet, there was a tiny part of her that was disappointed. He bossed and fussed and found fault with everything, it was true, but for some reason, she just couldn't hate him – she felt sorry for him. He was never satisfied with anything. He was perfect in almost every way, and yet he was so dissatisfied with everything. When other people were put in embarrassing situations, he seemed to take malicious pleasure in the fact that it was not him – that he was still perfect.

"I told you," he'd muttered, when Hoseok was summoned to the principal's office due to his work being below the mark. "Jung Hoseok does not have the mental ability to do anything besides eat and sleep."

Su Ji itched to slap him, but Hoseok's return made her forget Namjoon. She was shocked to see that his eyes seemed a bit watery – they were filled with tears.

"What happened?" Everyone crowded around, and he gave them all a bright smile. "It's nothing. You know... I just have to work harder, that's it."
"But you worked really hard at this," said Jimin, frowning.
"Are you ok?" asked Lisa. "You look-"
"I'm ok." Hoseok smiled so brightly that no one could doubt him. "It's not the first time, and hey! I'll do everything I can to make it my last time."
"We'll help you!"

"Yeah, we'll all help you, ok?"
"You're not alone!"

Chimes of offers to help poured in from all directions, and Hoseok smiled again. "Ah, I really do have the best friends in the world. And guess what guys, I'm actually getting a tutor!"

"Oooh, that's good!"
"Who is it?"
"Anyone we know?"
"She's from the next village," answered Hoseok. "My mom is actually friends with her mom,and-"

"So! It's a girl!" cut in Jungkook.

"Ah, shut up," said Hosoek lightly.

"What's her name?"
"How old is she?"
"Her name is.... I think it's Aanchal, or something. And I have no idea how old she is. She's coming over this weekend, it'll be our first class."
The guys started to ,and Su Ji smiled – gods, they were so easy-going. It faded as she glanced again at the empty seat beside her. She didn't know why, but she kept looking at it, as if hoping to see that dark head lying on the desk, napping.

Min Yoongi had not come to school for an entire month.

The teacher had never asked him to present anything either – he just slept in class, undisturbed. Aish, why was Su Ji wasting her thoughts on a guy like that? When he was there, she just grumbled over how unfair it was that he could sleep all day. Yet when he was gone... she kept looking for him. She would never admit it to herself, but she felt calmer when he was around.

"Why do you keep looking for him?" muttered Namjoon. There was a hint of bitterness to his voice.

"W-what?" stuttered Su Ji. "I wasn't-"
"Don't deny something so obvious," he said dryly. "So... why do you keep looking for him?"
Su Ji really didn't want to answer that, but it seemed as though his voice forced the words out of her. "It's just.... I kinda miss him... and above all, I'm curious about him!"
"What is there to be curious about?" scoffed Namjoon.

"Everything! I don't know a thing about him – I haven't even heard him talk!"
"Oh, what a pity," muttered Namjoon sarcastically. "You're really missing a lot, aren't you?"
"Shut up," said Su Ji stiffly. "You and I have nothing to do with each other anymore."
Namjoon didn't seem to agree to that. He called her every once in a while, and lent her the notes he had prepared for classes. If he hadn't been doing those two things Su Ji would have sworn that he hated her – he was so gruff and condescending all the time! But under that gruffness, Su Ji could sometimes see the outline of a person who yearned for a bit of affection.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter