Warnings

Once in a Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whatever you do, stay away from Min Yoongi...

The words kept repeating themselves over and over in Su Ji's head all morning, followed by the same question: why did everyone stay away from Min Yoongi?

Her heart kept pounding, almost as though she were afraid. Once in a while, she saw Namjoon glance at her and then away. Yoongi sat stiffly, his hands clenched into fists under his desk and at one point he lay his head down on the desk and Su Ji swore he was sleeping – huh, what nerve to do that! And the teacher didn't even bother telling him to wake up.

Yoongi was such a contrast to Namjoon – that guy sat straight in his chair, attentively taking notes, obviously the model student.

And Su Ji was the middle - neither snoozing nor taking notes as enthousiastically as Namjoon.

Perfect. They were even sitting in a row.

This observation was the perfect example of how Su Ji's mind worked during class.

Lunch break brought about the screeching of chairs as everyone got up and stretched a bit, chattering.

Yoongi still sat still with his head on his desk and Namjoon got up and went out of the classroom by himself. Su Ji sat in her seat awkwardly, not sure if she should get up and join the others or not...

"Su Ji," called Hoseok. He waved her forward. "Come on, we're all going for lunch!"
Relieved that she would have comapny in the cafeteria, Su Ji leapt up and joined the others. The girls all smiled at her and V yelled, "Come on, I'm hungry! Get a move on, people!"

The blond girl with fringes, Lisa, took her arm. "Are you hungry?" she asked, as they all made their way through the hallway to the cafeteria. Su Ji nodded, taking in the large room with long tables that lay in rows. A long tabled with food had a line of students already waiting for their meal.

"Awh, we have to wait a long time!" fretted Jungkook.

Wait, that was a long line? Back in her school at Seoul, someims the lunch line would stretch to the opposite side of the cafeteria!

They took their place, Hoseok pushing Su Ji in front of him so she was ahead of everyone else, right behind Namjoon.

Su Ji bumped into him slightly and he turned around, an almost cold look in his eyes.

"S-sorry," she said.

He just looked at her.

"Hey," said Hoseok. "You haven't said anything to her yet, have you? She's new here, and-"
"I know." Namjoon's voice was deep and neutral. He held out a hand. "It's nice to meet you, new girl."
After a moment's hesitation, Su Ji shook his hand – his grip was firm, and his hand was cold...

His eyes flickered as she said, "Um, I'm Lee Su Ji, by the way."
"Kim Namjoon." He looked to the side of the cafeteria, his eyes narrowing.

Su Ji followed his gaze and saw Yoongi leaning against the wall, his arms crossed.

Behind her, she heard whispers of, "What's Yoongi doing here?"
"Something's weird..."
"What's so weird?" Su Ji asked. "I mean, it's lunch time so-"
"He has never stepped foot in here before," cut in Namjoon, still watching Yoongi. "That is what's weird."
"Huh? Why not?"
"He just doesn't," replied Hoseok.

Yoongi's gaze slid over to them, almost as if he could hear them talking about him. Su Ji wasn't sure if it was her imagination or not, but his gaze seemed to hover over her for a fraction of a second longer than the others...

Hoseok nudged her; they had reached the head of the line.

Su Ji held out her tray to recieve the rice and side-dishes, and once again she stood there awkwardly, waiting for Hoseok to get his lunch. Namjoon had gone straight to a table and sat down, but she wasn't sure if she could join him – not that she wanted to, that is. He wasn't a very friendly person...

Suddenly Namjoon looked at her and jerked his thumb to the seat beside him.

Su Ji looked behind her, and he rolled his eyes. She pointed at herself, and he nodded.

"Coming?" said Hoseok, heading to Namjoon's table.

"H-huh?" stuttered Su Ji, before quickly following him. Geez, she was like some duckling, following Hoseok around...

Namjoon pulled out the chair. "Sit here."

Slowly, Su Ji sat. Namjoon didn't seem to really like her and yet... why was he making her sit next to him?

Su Ji looked at where Yoongi had been standing but he was gone now.

Everyone took a seat and soon the table was filled with loud laughter and squabbling – mostly V and one of the girls, Jisu.

Namjoon didn't say a word to her throughout and ignored everyone – however, he did pay attention when the talk was about Su Ji.

It started out innocently enough – about how different this place must be from Seoul and so on, but it quickly became uncomfortable when one of the girls, Rose, asked, "Why did you come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter