Normal

Once in a Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Su Ji no longer understood the word “normal” anymore – it was different for everyone. What was normal for her no longer existed, and things that were not normal – such as a wolf turning into a human – was perfectly normal for some people (those being Namjoon and Yoongi himself).

What did normal even mean? She didn't know anymore. Come to think of it, what was normal for the spider was chaos to the fly – it was normal for a spider to trap the fly in it's web, but to the fly, it was sheer terror.

Luckily, Su Ji didn't have any of this “sheer terror” business. But she was becoming a bit worried for her mental health, because she had gotten over her fear of the wolf almost overnight. Most importantly, she knew that no matter what, Yoongi would never ever hurt her on purpose. That didn't mean she was ready to accept the whole bond with him – definitely not. He was a wolf. And she was full human. It was out of the question to even pretend to be ok with that fact. A sudden mental image of half-wolf, half-human babies popped in her head.

“Noooo!” she cried, flinging aside the covers.

That was it. Time to get out of bed and have a shower and get ready – anything to keep from lying around thinking all kinds of nonsense. Besides, she didn't know what kind of 'bond' she had with Yoongi anyway. Who said it was romantic? Maybe it was just a very very very close, purely platonic kind of bond.

But gosh, what was she going to do? If she stayed here… ugh, Yoongi would keep tagging after her (and she'd hate that part of her that wanted him near.) And if she left… that would be terrible too, she and had settled down nicely here – she ignored the part of her that yelled that she would never see Yoongi again if she left.

Her hand drifted to her neck. The bite had healed a bit, but it hurt a little when she touched it now. There had been some serious improvement there. Maybe Namjoon had really been right. Maybe it had healed like this because Yoongi had been next to her for a while last night. What if she stayed here until her bite got completely healed, and then she could go to Seoul? It wasn't a very good thing to do; to be honest…

Grandma was sleeping in so Su Ji gobbled down her breakfast in lightning speed and was out the door in five minutes. At once, her eyes searched for the white coat and deep eyes, and she wasn't disappointed.

“Come out!” she called, spotting him on the other side of the road. “I see you!”

The wolf bounded over with a lot less hesitation than yesterday, and his tail even wagged.

“Um, hi,” said Su Ji. “Look, to make this all easier… can I just think of you as a wolf for now?”
He cocked his head to one side, and she saw his eyes flicker.

“I mean… I know you're also a human… who goes to my school… but the thing is, like I said yesterday, I need time. So right now, can I just get used to the wolf?”
He nodded.

“Thanks!” she cried. Yep, that was easy. But she still wasn't going to tell him her other idea: that she had named him in his wolf form. With that white coat, he reminded her a bit of fluffy cotton candy, or frothy vanilla milkshake or fudge, those kinds of sweet things. 'Suga' seemed to just fit him – if she had a white dog or a cat, she'd have called it Suga too.

The wolf let out a little whine, and his eyes fixed upon the piece of toast she held.

“You hungry?” she asked. “Um, ok...”
Should she lay it on the ground or feed it to him or what? Awkwardly, she placed it on the ground and the wolf gobbled it right up, wagging his tail.

Su Ji smiled, this was almost like having a puppy! Granted, a very big, fully-grown and potentially dangerous puppy. She'd always wanted a pet but as she had lived in the city in an apartment where pets weren't allowed, it had always been a little fantasy for her – one of the reasons why she had stalked the Chois' bunnies so diligently.

“When I was in Seoul,” she said. “I'd always wanted to have a puppy or something.”
The wolf's eyes narrowed and she could hear that deep husky voice say, I'm no pup ok!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter