Control

Once in a Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A.N/ This chapter was something I had totally been not planning, but well... I guess something like this had happen. Pls don't get mad XD

Su Ji refused to let herself think of what had happened the previous night. It was just so embarrassing! How come Yoongi had that effect on her? It was like her brain couldn't even function properly last night…

But the bite was healed. Su Ji touched it, not feeling any pain. It really was healed, and by this time, the scar was faint enough to not have to cover it up all the time.

Except to Su Ji, it stood out like a bright beacon, the reminder of what had happened and about Yoongi. She wasn't sure she wanted it… she didn't want that connection with him, she didn't want what happened last night to happen again. And yet, a part of her did.

She just didn't know anymore. Life had spun out of her control ever since her father's arrest, and she just had to deal with things as they came.

This morning, she did not go outside to talk to the wolf. What could she say, anyway?

Grandma noticed her weird mood, but asked no questions – Su Ji was grateful for this.

When she heard Namjoon's Volvo approaching, she scrambled up, said a hurried good bye and ran out, refusing to allow her eyes search for the white wolf.

“Well,” said Namjoon with surprise as she got in the backseat next to him. “It's nice not to have to drag you away for once – but I really thought, that after last night, I would have to give up and go by myself.”
Su Ji flushed a deep red at the mention of last night – Yoongi… his lips… the way they felt against her skin…

“Shut up,” she said.

He smirked. “I see that the bite has healed very nicely indeed.” A cold finger ran along the faint scar and she shivered.

“Stop that!” she said. “You're always so cold!”
“Can't help it.”
“I know, but still! And anyway… why are you...” Her voice trailed away, interpreting his smirk correctly. “How did you know?” she demanded. “Were you…. maybe spying on me or-”
“Cool it,” said Namjoon. “I was the one who told him to.”
This totally threw her off track. “You? But why? What did you say-”
“I told him how to heal the bite,” cut in Namjoon, his voice emotionless. “I mean, he should be responsible for his actions...”
“Then… why didn't you tell me?” asked Su Ji, slightly touched. Had he really been that worried for her?
“Because,” he said. “I knew you wouldn't have accepted if it didn't come directly from him – if he hadn't just acted without warning. You would have said no if I told you how he could cure you, I know you would have.”
And Su Ji knew he was right. “But how come you actually went and talked to him and… and he believed you? I thought you hated each other.”
The corner of Namjoon's mouth lifted up at the corner. “That wolf and I… have a love-hate relationship, just like we do. Though with the wolf, it is more on the hate side than the love, like ninety-nine point nine percent of the time, it's hate.”

“And what about with me?” she asked teasing. “Hate side one hundred percent of the time?”

“There's some love mixed in,” he said, and his tone was far too serious to be joking.

“Oh,” she said, then decided to turn the topic away from her. “Why do you hate each other?”
“Are you really asking me that?” said Namjoon, and Su Ji could hear a touch of exasperation in his voice.

“You're right…. Sorry...” How stupid to think that a wolf and it's maybe-killer could get along.

For the rest of the journey, neither of them spoke. Silence grew thick and heavy, and it was such a relief when they got to school.

Jungkook, V and Hoseok were just getting off the school-bus, and they waved at her frantically and she waved back.

“I wouldn't do that if I were you,” said Namjoon quietly.

“What do you mean?”
“Being so friendly with other boys… even human boys can get jealous and possessive… and wolves are worse than human boys when it comes to that kind of thing.”
“I don't care,” she said, a cold feeling in the pit of her stomach. “He and I… we're not dating or anything, and just because they happen to be boys, I will not give up my friends.”
With that, Su Ji wrenched open the car door, ignoring Namjoon's mutter of, “There you go, in the denial phase” and just to make some stupid point, she was extra chatty with the boys and shot Namjoon pointed looks, which he ignored.

Yoongi, on the other hand, did not ignore it.

 

****

 

Expectations lead to disappointments. Yoongi should have known better not to get too excited. Last night, he could hardly sleep, he kept rolling around his bed, grinning like a lovesick puppy.

He kissed his mate! Her skin was so soft and smelled so good… it was just perfect. How could skin be so perfect?

In the morning, Yoongi had taken care in his appearance, brushing his hair and arranging it neatly across his forehead. He even wore his uniform properly, he had heard somewhere that girls found men in uniforms attractive – he hoped school uniforms were included in that.

It took him longer to get to school because he hadn't phased – no way was he going to ruin his new handsomeness! And there was no way he would take the bus either, so he just walked, dreaming about what would happen when he saw Su Ji again.

Would she ask why he hadn't been outside that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter