Weak

Once in a Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Su Ji felt like stuffing Yoongi and Namjoon into a trashcan, sealing the lid and kicking it down a bumpy hill. Neither of them would tell her anything! And neither of them would let her go inside either – "You would disturb the scene," was Namjoon's reason, which was infuriating. It wasn't as though she was going to trip and wreck the place even more!

 

Worse, she could tell that whatever they had seen in there, it bothered Yoongi. It bothered him a lot. And that bothered her.

 

Right when she was about to give Namjoon a piece of her mind, Yoongi's soft head pushed against her legs, as though telling her to go. He whined, and she could almost hear the words, I'm hungryyyyyyyy!

 

"Leave me alone," she said, trying to push his head away. "Kim Namjoon, you're not the boss of me!"

"Even in normal crime scenes, civialians aren't allowed!"retorted Namjoon. "You're a civilian, just accept it and take your pet home!"

Yoongi didn't bother growling at Namjoon – he knew there was nothing malicious in being called a pet by that guy. It was annoying, but well, Namjoon was always annoying.

 

"I think he's going to phase," said Namjoon, pointing at Yoongi. "You know, he's when he phases."

"Don't!" she shrieked. "This is a public place!"

"Better take him home before he runs around ," advised Namjoon, with a perfectly striaght expression, and Yoongi nodded in agreement – that brat.

 

"Fine!" She gave up. "Both of you ! And I'm only taking him home because he could be arrested for public indecency if he phases here!"

"Of course," said Namjoon. He smirked. "You would have no problem if he phased in front of you."

 

She shrieked again, and Yoongi barked – it sounded like a laugh, she swore she could see him shake with laughter.

 

Grumbling about mean boys, she stomped to her house, Yoongi at her heels. If someone saw her with that giant white wolf, they'd panic, she realized, glancing at him. Especially at a time like this...

 

"Go through the forest," she said, looking around – thank goodness the road was deserted, how could Yoongi be so careless as to risk being seen? "You shouldn't be seen on the road."

Yoongi blinked, understanding. Then he streaked to the forest as quick as a bolt of lightning, disappearing within the green foliage.

 

Su Ji heaved a sigh of relief – there was already enough talk among the people about the dangerous wolf... the last thing they needed to see was one following her around.

 

Sighing, she kicked a pebble on the road irritably. Why all this secrecy? And how on earth was Grandma going to react to all this? She would be so shocked to hear about Mrs Choi... that poor old lady, first her son and then Mrs Choi. Su Ji shook her head – she was going to call Grandma as soon as she got home, she wanted to know about her father, too.

 

Yoongi was waiting in front of the door, his tail wagging.

 

She shot him a sour look and opened the door, and he sprung inside. He disappeared up the stairs, most likely going to find his clothes so he could phase – finally.

 

Su Ji took out her cell phone and plopped down on the couch, and waited for Grandma to pick up.

 

"Su Ji?" Grandma's familiar voice finally said.

 

"Grandma!" she cried.

 

"How are things at home?" Grandma demanded, before Su Ji even got a chance to ask about her father. "I heard about everything that happened – Su Ji, you be careful, you hear me?"

"Yes-"

"I'm coming home tomorrow morning-"

"Does that mean Dad is better?" she said quickly, hoping that was the case. She hoped he was better enough that he didn't need a bystander anymore, but still not quite ready to go back to jail.

 

"Yes, I can leave now. Su Ji, don't tell him anything about the attack on Mrs Choi – he'd come rushing to get you out of here, whether he's allowed to or not, and the news would get his heart-rate bad again."

"All right," she said. "I wasn't going to tell him anyway, I don't want to worry him."

"That's my girl, we don't worry our sick loved ones now, do we?" Grandma's tone turned serious. "I'm worried about you, though... I heard that the attack happened inside the house. Mrs Choi's house isn't too far from ours – they're quite near, in fact."

"Don't worry," said Su Ji, knowing exactly what Grandma was getting at. "Everything is fine here. The door is locked and bolted, and the windows are all shut tightly too – Mrs Choi must have left her door open, that's why the wolf-"

"Is it a wolf?" interrupted Grandma. "Don't tell me it's that white wolf!"

"It isn't," said Su Ji hastily. "It isn't... I think there's another one, somewhere..."

She heard her grandmother sigh on the other end of the line.

 

"I'm worried about you, Su Ji... you're all alone in that house... I have to admit, your father and now Mrs Choi have made me quite anxious... I couldn't bear it if something happened to you."

"Nothing will happen, Grandma," said Su Ji, trying to sound soothing. "I promise. Everything is locked up nicely here, nothing can get in. You'll be here tomorrow, too - by the way, what time are you coming?"

"Around ten," replied Grandma. "You'll be at school then."

"Will you be sleeping when I get back?"

"I don't think so... I might try to go and see Mrs Choi later in the day tomorrow, though I heard she isn't fit for any visitors yet."

The mention of Mrs Choi again made Su Ji shiver – something was off, there was a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach.

 

"Did you have dinner yet?" asked Grandma, bringing Su Ji's attention away from Mrs Choi.

 

"Not yet." She glanced at Yoongi coming down the stairs, watching her.

 

"Go eat now, you must be hungry."

Su Ji laughed. "Grandma, it's only six pm! Back in Seoul, I ate at eight or even nine-"

"You've been eating at six everyday now so your body expects to be fed at that time – it's not good to keep changing the time of your meals. Go have your dinner now, I know you're hungry."

"Ok, Grandma," said Su Ji – Yoongi leaned against the wall, his hands in his pockets.

 

"Be careful, please!"

"I will," promised Su Ji. "Don't worry, and see you tomorrow!"

The connection was cut, and she put her phone down on the coffee table.

 

"Your grandma?" asked Yoongi, coming closer.

 

"Yep. She's coming home tomorrow."

A slight crease apeared in his forehead.

"What?" she asked.

 

"Then... does that mean that tonight is our last night together?"

 

"My gosh, when you put it that way, it sounds-"

He laughed. "I know, I just realized it now. But really, is it?"

"I guess so," she said softly.

 

"You know... I would feel a lot better if I was here, making sure you would be safe."

"Safe, safe, safe!" cried Su Ji, exasperated. "Why is that what everyone says to me now, huh? Namjoon, Grandma, and you! Why do you keep saying that? Do I go around getting into trouble? Do I need you guys to watch over me all the time?"

Yoongi's eyes widened. "Hey, calm down," he said. "I was just-"

"It's annoying!" she fumed. "It's just like... ugh, in those teenage romances where the girl is this pathetic, sniveling weakling and guys need to watch her or else she'd trip over her own feet and land on her nose and smash it and wreck her brain and-"

"I got the picture!" cried Yoongi. "You're not one of those girls, ok?"

"I feel like one, what with you three today!"

"Ok, I'm not ever going to protect you," he said, rolling his eyes. "Happy?"

She nodded primly. "Yes, thank you – you can kindly remember I am almost a responsible adult."

Yoongi snickered. "Responsible adult?"

 

She ignored him and went into the kitchen – all that standing around and talking made her hungry. There was rice and side-dishes in the fridge, but she didn't quite feel like eating that tonight.

 

"Yah, Yoongi," she called, rooting around the fridge trying to find something else. "Are you hungry?"

Soft footsteps told her that Yoongi was in the room, and she moved to searching in the cupboard since there was noting interesting in the fridge.

 

"I don't feel like eating rice," she said over her shoulder to Yoongi behind her. "Do you?"

A pair of arms suddenly wrapped themselves around her waist and her back met with the solid form of Yoongi.

 

"Anything," he said. "Just feed me, I'm so hungry."

The last word was said with a whine, and he buried his face in her hair. Su Ji, reaching up to grab a packet of ramen, froze in place, this sudden contact taking her aback.

 

She could feel Yoongi's warm breath fanning the skin of her neck, and his heart beat against her back. All in all, this felt pretty romantic – except he went and ruined it by saying, "Your tummy is so soft."

What followed after that statement was a loud cry of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter