The Universe Collided: The Next Generation

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many many years later...

Aster barged into her brother's room and rudely woke him up from his sleep, "Aspen! Get up! We're going to be late for the selection." Aspen shot up from his bed, disoriented and groggy, "What?" he asked squinting at the clock, "What time is it? I don't have my glasses on" he said to Aster. Aster sassily commented, "It's time to get up and get ready, you know Choerry is going to be at the selection, don't you?" she asked. Using Choerry's names was like a secret power vested upon her because Aspen trusted her a lot, and shared everything with her. Choerry's name was enough to get Aspen off the bed and running to his bathroom to check on and fix his appearance. 

"Did she get selected, you think?" he asked Aster innocently.

Aster shrugged, "I don't know, she did train under Ten so she has a solid chance" she answered objectively.

"True," said Mark nodding slightly.

He was still fixing his hair when Aster came into the bathroom and handed him a hair gel from out of his cabinet, "Are you ever going to confess to her?" she asked suddenly.

Aspen stopped midtracks, "Um... I mean, she'll probably be busy after the selection and it's not like she'll ever had time to date," he answered wistfully.

Aster laughed at his answer, "Bro, she's a celestial, she doesn't even know what "dating" is. But you should tell her, you know you might regret later," she said trying to persuade him to change his mind.

Aspen looked at her suspicuously, Aster had known about his crush on Choerry for months now, so why was she asking him to confess now, "Why are you..." he started but a thought struck on his mind, "You told everyone didn't you? ugh you probably made a bet about this too," he said shaking his head.

Aster looked at him guiltily and answered, "Well, I did tell some people, only Heejin, Rowoon, and Jaewon... but Uncle Tae, Auntie Jisoo, Ma and Pa, Rowoon's mom and dad, and Lisa and Ten probably know as well. But it's not my fault," she added defensively, "you're totally obvious around her, and the bet was Heejin's idea, I was an innocent bystander." Her defense complete with added theatrics she had learned from her Pa.

Aspen didn't look surprised at this at all, at nineteen years of age, he was now well versed in the antics of all of his cousins and close friends. Even though he was the youngest of the bunch, he was surprisingly more mature, a trait he attributed to hanging out with Jaewon more often and his own sister who was a mischievious badass and the queen of the bunch in her own right.

"You think she knows?" he asked hoping for a negative answ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter