Faces

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amicitia, Glass Castle

 

Amber approached Jisoo in her room, she had gotten a message and it was urgent that Jisoo was made known of it. Amber spoke in hushed tones as she relayed what she had just been made known. Hearing the message, Jisoo’s eyes shone with hope. A celestial on the warrior territory had informed the Glass Castle of Lisa’s location, now all they had to do was rescue her.

Jisoo called upon a meeting with her most trusted celestials, including Taehyung. Amber was a senator for the alliance as well so having her in Amicitia solidified the backing from the entire alliance.

Amber spoke up, “As all you here know, Lisa, the future leader-to-be, has been missing for a while now, about half an hour ago we received a message with location most likely to be where Lisa is held, now I say held because the message was not from Lisa, actually we don’t know who it was from. Anyway, Jisoo and I decided to have this meeting so we can discuss our plan here on out”

“I think we should send someone to confirm this isn’t a trap before sending out the rescue” said a young warrior.

“The warriors have extensive data on all of us, so that chances of getting caught is high” spoke another.

“We need someone new”

“I can go” said Taehyung getting everyone’s attention

Jisoo rose up from her seat, “No, I won't let this happen, Taehyung, you can’t run a celestial mission alone, plus the warriors have seen you at the ceremony”

“I only talked to a few and I sneaked out a lot so not a lot of them saw me, I am the one least likely to be caught among all of us… let me do this, Jisoo, hmm?”

“It is set then, we will let you know everything you need to know” said Amber before Jisoo had time to press on her disagreement.

It had been hours since the meeting and Jisoo was pacing back and forth in Taehyung’s room. He entered the room looking exhausted and flopped down on his bed. Jisoo hurriedly sat by his side, “Taehyung, we have to rethink this, I can’t let you do this” she said exasperated. She was worried for him because she didn’t know what he was capable of, but even if she had known she would’ve been worried because at this point she cared to0 much about him.

“How about you go to the unicorn realm? With Jungkook and Rosé? Maybe they need to there. Or…or… earth? Namjoon definitely needs you there, doesn’t he??”, she was desperately trying to come up with a reason to persuade him to not go through this mission.

He got up and faced Jisoo, “Jisoo this is the best plan we have”, he didn’t quite understand why Jisoo didn’t want him to carry out this mission.

“I can go instead” said Jisoo getting up from the bed, she had run out of reason to stop him.

Taehyung caught her hand and pulled her down making her face him, “listen, trust me, I can do this, okay?”

“It’s not about trust”, Jisoo started looking into his eyes and saw that he felt betrayed, she understood why he felt this way. I don’t want to lose you was what she had wanted to say but she didn’t. She decided to respect Taehyung’s resolve. “Alright, but promise me you are only to make sure that Lisa is at where they say she is, don’t try to do anything because the warriors are ruthless, if you come home with as much as a scratch I’ll kill you myself”she said but she couldn't look at Taehyung because her tears threatened to spill out.

“Ok, mom” he said teasingly finally giving her the winning smile, and pulling her into his arms. Although he put up a facade, he too was scared. He was scared for his life and scared this would be the last time he got to see her.

Taehyung left Amicitia the next day and Jisoo watched as his starship left the port. She was tired of being the only one left behind. She knew that as the leader, her main responsibility was to keep the alliance together but she missed the days when she had the freedom to go carry out her own missions.

………

Taehyung had been given another identity, for the mission he was to be V: a warrior from the far right. V was supposedly a well-known celestial which would give Taehyung clearance to enter the planet but that also meant someone was likely to know what V, the celestial, looked like.

Taehyung traveled through the vast space, his speed in light years. All was quiet around him except for the humming of the various engines. This reminded him of memories from his childhood spent floating on a pool with his ears dipped in so he was below the laughter and chatter of the children.

Taehyung had always been introspective, he had been hailed a genius by his teachers. Even Jungkook’s parents had him help out at their research facility but unlike the quiet image he gave off he had a more boyish side that was slowly coming out of the shell thanks to Jisoo.

He thought back on the past weeks in the Glass castle. He had spent a lot of time with Jisoo but he had also done his best to gather information about the warriors outside the alliance. He could find any information needed about celestials within the alliance but information on the warrior factions outside the alliance was pretty much nonexistent. That being said, he had found few pieces on these factions that had been classified as rumors. He had read the pieces on how the far-right warriors were once more planning a war to control the universe. The warriors had so much as planted spies among the celestials in Amicitia and had a space station where celestials were abducted and tortured until they turned and started supporting the warriors’ cause. That space station was where the message had said Lisa was held.

Earth, Shelter City 61313

Yoongi had taken her to a restaurant in what he said was the rich side of the shelter city, this was where according to Yoongi, the rich people spent all the remaining money they had. Yoongi wasn’t too fond of the rich, while Jungkook was unaware of the dark side of his parents’ institution, V, Yoongi, and Namjoon were aware of the bribery and corruption within. The rich controlled the research center and, Namjoon and Yoongi had no power over it because they needed the funding, but that didn’t stop Yoongi from resenting them and their selfishness.

Jennie was charmed by Yoongi during their dinner, they both appreciated each other’s dry sense of humor and straightforwardness. J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter