Dreams

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Earth, Shelter city 61313

 

Yoongi and Jennie were in an indoor shooting range a few days after their dinner. Yoongi had promised to show some of the human weapons to Jennie and help her practice with it. Jennie hasn’t seen Yoongi much after the dinner since they had both been busy.  Jennie had picked up a rifle when she saw Taeyong, Doyoung and Jaehyun walk in. Taeyong frowned immediately upon seeing Yoongi and Jennie together, Jennie too stiffened. They hadn’t spoken since the incident before the dinner. Jennie had conflicting feelings about Taeyong and she just didn’t feel like stirring the pot. All except the two had noticed the awkwardness hanging in the air. Yoongi had noticed the tension between Taeyong and Jennie put had decided to pursue her nonetheless.

 

Jaehyun had known Taeyong for a long time and he had never seen him in a dilemma like he was right now. With Taeyong, it had always been either black or white. He had always been very adamant with his beliefs and wants, but now, it looked as if Taeyong liked Jennie but was trying to suppress his feelings. Jaehyun and Doyoung shared a knowing glance, as they had decided to help the miserable guy out and try getting him to confess his feelings to Jennie. The rest would be up to her. They had even named themselves team Jenyong.

 

Doyoung approached Yoongi with Jaehyun trailing behind. In the meantime, Taeyong had picked up a rifle and angrily shot some flying disks. Doyoung scratched his head looking back and forth between Taeyong and Yoongi. “Uh… Namjoon just texted and uh he wants to see us,” Doyoung blurted out.

 

Yoongi pulled out his phone and looked at it, “He didn’t say anything to me,” not believing Doyoung.

 

“Well we just saw him so he told us,” added Jaehyun, trying to help.

 

“Didn’t you just say he texted you?” asked Yoongi as he looked at Doyoung skeptically.

 

“UHH I misspoke,” Doyoung quickly replied, showing his gummy smile.

 

“We should really get going,” he said grabbing onto Yoongi’s arms and leading him towards the exit.

 

“What about Jennie and Taeyong?” Yoongi asked still not completely believing Doyoung and Jaehyun.

 

“They don’t really say anything during the meetings anyway. Namjoon mentioned that it would be fine if we were the only ones there,” said Jaehyun. The duo succeeded in taking Yoongi away with them even though their lie made little sense.

 

 

 

Jennie was inspecting the rifle closely  which she had never seen before. It appeared strange and uncomfortable to her. She just couldn’t figure it out. She was looking down the nozzle when she felt someone come close to her.

 

Taeyong had been focused on his shooting practice. He had put the rifle down and looked around. No one was there except for Jennie and she was looking down the NOZZLE!! She was going to shoot herself if someone didn’t stop her. And so, he went towards her, “You’re looking down the front of the rifle,” he said, Jennie turned the rifle around slowly but didn’t comment. “Let me show you how,” he offered but still he only got silence from her. Jennie was positively pissed with Taeyong, these past few days she had tried to speak with him multiple times but he had just brushed her off and now he wanted to speak? She wasn’t going to have any of it and she too could stand her ground.

 

Taeyong huffed at her resistance, he simply put both of his arms around her head and grabbed onto the rifle. He was going to take the rifle away from her to show her the proper techniques but she wouldn’t let go. Taeyong tried once again but her grip on the rifle just got tighter. They played the game of push and pull until they both realized how immaturely they were behaving. Jennie let go of the rifle and allowed Taeyong to teach her how to shoot. Taeyong started labeling the different parts of the rifle and the uses when Jennie suddenly asked him, “Why were you avoiding me?”

 

Taeyong stiffen up, stammering, “I… wasn’t.”

 

When it came to Jennie, Taeyong’s feelings were muddled. On one hand, he liked her and wanted to confess but he also thought that she deserved much more than him. Seeing Jennie smiling with Yoongi had a strange effect on him. He felt miserable seeing her happier with someone else but he was also happy that she had found someone. He was obviously getting way ahead of himself and was overthinking. Jennie didn’t think of Yoongi as anything more than a friend but his own insecurities were getting the best of him.

 

Jennie stepped closer to him, “Taeyong, I need you to talk to me, look I know I just dumped all of that information on you, but you can’t clam up like this. We have stuff to do.” Jennie had felt as if he was conflicted but she notched it up to him finding out about his parents. She had no idea that she herself had been the cause of his confusion.

 

Taeyong straightened up, “Fine, we can talk if you let me teach you how to use these,” he replied motioning to the guns and Jennie agreed. They started training with smaller pistols and ended up with the rifle Jennie had initially chosen.

 

“Wait, I want to try this myself,” said Jennie taking the rifle from Taeyong.

 

She was about to shoot a flying disk when Taeyong put his hands around her head and moved the rifle slightly further from her face. “You’ll get hit if you keep it so close” he said. Jennie was startled when Taeyong had gotten so close to her. She was getting to see a more charismatic and attentive side of him. She was getting to see the sides she had seen all those years ago, as his cat.

 

She shot the flying disk and put the rifle down, “Let’s talk,” she said.

 

Taeyong and Jennie chose a table in a corner of the shooting range and sat down. There was silence among them since they didn’t know where to start. Jennie broke the silence, “Look, I think I spoke too soon when I said we didn’t think Bada wasn’t alive.” Taeyong looked at her with his eyes shining with hope. Jennie continued, “When Bada didn’t return to Amicitia, we all just thought she had passed but something about the leaders was very suspicious. We’ve been secretly trying to find her but we haven’t.  I didn’t want to give you false hope then, but I didn’t know it would affect you so much,” she was earnestly worried for him.

 

After a while, Taeyong spoke up, “Jennie, I’m not conflicted about my identity. I mean I was angry when I found out what had happened to my parents but it is what it is.”

 

“Then why are you so angry at me?” she asked a bit harshly. Taeyong didn’t have an answer to give her., Iin fact he didn’t even have one for himself. He was looking around not wanting to meet her eyes.,

 

Jennie surprised herself and Taeyong when she leaned over and grabbed Taeyong’s face lightly making him look at her. Taeyong was startled, he could feel blood rushing to his face and ears, “What…what are you doing?”

 

He was hyperaware of her closeness. Jennie just shrugged and answered, “Well you’re not answering my question so I’m making you.”

 

Taeyong frowned at her answer but he was getting used it the warmth her hands radiated, he leaned in so her elbows could rest on the table. He broke into a wide smile, “You’re ing weird, you know that?”

 

Jennie smiled too, “Maybe a little” she answered. No one could live with Jisoo for as long at Jennie and the other two had and come out totally norma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter