Threats

The Universe Collided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unicorn Realm

A hush fell through the crowd when Oriel left with Jungkook trailing behind her. Rosé looked at the pair until they disappeared from her view behind the trees and the thick vines. She sat down on the soft moss and was fiddling with her fingers. She didn’t have the faintest clue as to what Oriel had planned. What if it was something dangerous? Orion came to stand by her and suggested, “Rosé, it’s no use sitting here. We have no idea how long they are going to take. Why don’t we go and catch up with the others, hmm?” Rosé nodded even though she was still looking at the direction Jungkook and Oriel had gone. She walked away from the forest with Orion and Sirius but looked back one last time towards where Jungkook laid tangled with the vines.

Orion and Sirius spilled all the Unicorn Realm to Rosé, in just a while she found herself guiltily laughing at Orion’s reenactment of the youngsters pranking dear old Enid. “No! she must’ve been so confused,” reacted Rosé to which Sirius replied, “Darling, when is Enid not confused?” making Rosé giggle.

 

Rosé stepped aside to make a connection with Jennie and the others at Amicitia. She had been informed that Lisa was found but she hadn’t been able to reach either Jisoo and Lisa. As soon as Rosé connected to Jisoo and Lisa, she was flooded with a sense of joy that made her feel light hearted; a feeling she hadn’t afforded to feel these days. She quietly treasured moments like this when she would find the others so carefree and so in touch with their emotions. Soon Jennie joined in as well, she too could feel what Rosé had felt.

“Yah Jennie, you won the bet again,” Jisoo informed the group.

 

“When do I lose a bet?” asked Jennie chuckling lightly along with Rosé.

“It took you guys forever,” Rosé commented.

“What was the bet?” Lisa questioned.

“Jennie said Ten would make the first move, but me and Rosé said you would! How could you let us down like this, Lisa?” Jisoo whined in a joking manner.

“Ok, ok. Can we talk about Jisoo and Taehyung instead?”
 

“Wait, why?” asked Jennie
 

“THEY GOT TOGETHER!!” shouted Lisa excitedly but received silence from both Rosé and Jennie. The atmosphere had turned serious.

 

Jennie was thinking about Bada when she replied, “Jisoo are you sure about this? A relationship with a human never ends well.”

“And we’re going to have to go our own ways soon,” said Rosé wistfully trying to reassure herself of her decision to not accept her and Jungkook’s feelings for each other.

“I like him and he likes me. It’s not that hard. I’ve decided to accept my feelings and act on it,” replied Jisoo calmly, “You only live once, girls,” she added jokingly trying to get rid of the somber atmosphere. Jennie found this situation incredulous but no one could really stop Jisoo once she had set her mind. She released the thought  but Rosé on the other hand took these words to heart.

Rosé found herself thinking more and more about what Jisoo had just said. Should she just accept her feelings like Jisoo had? Would she have regrets if she didn’t? What if something happens to one of them and they never get to act on their feelings? Even though Rosé could empathize so well with others, her own feelings were so complicated to her.

She stood beside Kai, Kuma, and Pasta as they excitedly led her from one place to another introducing her to other unicorns. A lot of unicorns were now gathered in the forest waiting for Oriel’s decision. Hours had passed since Oriel and Jungkook had disappeared between the vines and the trees. A murmur rose amidst the crowd as silhouettes of Jungkook and Oriel appeared in a distance.

Jungkook saw no one else but Rosé as he emerged out of the forest. She still looked stunning in her pink dress with her hair neatly swept behind her ears. He saw her face light up when she saw him and he couldn’t help but fall for her even more. He remembered how she had smiled and how gorgeous she had looked with their little kids in his dream. His heart raced as he walked towards her.

Rosé sighed in relief. She was glad to see Jungkook no matter what Oriel’s decision could be. As Jungkook stepped closer she walked towards him but tripped on her dress only to be caught by him. When Rosé looked up at his face up close she saw that he looked worn but his eyes were bright as usual and were traced with desire and affection. She straightened up and tightly held onto Jungkook’s hand as Oriel made her way in front of the audience. Jungkook gave their joined hand a reassuring squeeze when he sensed Rosé stiffen up. Oriel announced to the group that the unicorns would indeed help the humans create their space colony but only under certain conditions…

Amicitia, Glass Castle

It had been a pleasant afternoon until Jisoo and Lisa received a message. One of the planets under the alliance had been attacked. There was no solid evidence that the far-right warriors were involved but anyone could guess that they were the only ones who had a motive to attack the alliance. Lisa was enraged while Jisoo calmly thought about the situation. Jisoo called for a meeting with the celestials to discuss the situation.

The celestials were gathered in a round table, Jisoo and Lisa stood side-by-side garnering all the attention from the others. Jisoo addressed the group and informed them of the attack, a murmur arose from the group. Most of them seemed to agree that the far-right were the only ones with motive.

“Is there any way we could contact the messenger that sent Lisa’s locations?” asked Jisoo to Amber.

“I can definitely try but there is no guarantee,” replied Amber. Lisa and Jisoo shared a glance. They both knew what they had to do but it was not something to be discussed here. Another celestial in the group suggested that the senate be involved to investigate the case.

 

Ten calmly replied, “The senate wouldn’t want to be involved since they would see this as a matter for the alliance to handle. If we want them to investigate the case we would have to show that the far-right warriors have motive and to do that we would have to reveal that we kind of broke the pact.”

“Say Jungkook and Rosé convince the unicorns to help us, wouldn’t that help us? I read that they are more powerful than the celestials,” said Taehyung, speaking for the first time in a while. The celestials around him nodded in agreement. Jisoo had a slight smile on her face hearing Taehyung’s proposition, Lisa too looked at her impressed with Taehyung, he’s a keeper, she told her telepathically.

Jisoo wiped the smile off her face as she heard Amber reply to Taehyung, “That would help lessen the blow but only if the unicorns agree to help. They haven’t been involved with the celestials since the end of the war. It’s a good thing that you send Rosé and Jennie since they are not official leaders yet. That would make it seem like it was an individual betrayal of the pact rather than the entire alliance.”

“What do you mean?” asked Lisa not liking where Amber was going.

“Well if worse comes to worst we have to blame Jennie and Rosé. The alliance cannot go leaderless,” she said matter-of-factly.

Lisa fisted her hand clearly mad by what Amber had just said. She moved towards her but was stopped by Jisoo and Ten.

“It won’t come to that,” said Jisoo with a defiant undertone, “I won’t let it.” she said softly, more to herself and to the group. After the meeting, Jisoo walked out of the room before everyone else. Lisa carried out what they had secretly planned during the meeting.

Jisoo went up to the top floor like always and was greeted by a gust of cold air. She walked towards the ledge and looked down at the dark and dense clouds. As a younger celestial who been under training most of her life,  had always wanted to be able to be as free as a bird. She used to wonder what it felt like to just let go of herself and not have a care in the world but that was not her reality and so she walked back from the ledge. Now that she was older, she knew and understood her reality very well. The moments she had shared with Taehyung the night before made her feel as though she was free falling down the ledge, and she didn’t mind one bit instead she wanted more. Heat crept up her cheeks as she recalled last night, she trusted Taehyung but she wondered if she had been too caught up in the moment. What if Taehyung regrets it later or she does? She had confidently told the girls that it was the natural progression for their relationship but… No, I don’t have any regrets she decided quickly.

 

…………..

She heard footsteps approaching and knew that it was Taehyung without looking back. He came up to her and casually wrapped his arms around her. They stood like that for a while with Jisoo enveloped in Taehyung’s warmth looking at the clouds and the city that peaked from the gaps between.
 

“You were great at the meeting” she spoke up.
 

“I just said what I knew,” replied Taehyung nonchalantly.

 

Turning around, Jisoo looked at him curiously, “How did you find that out?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter