The only constant

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Park Shinhye!” I shouted. This is the only way for her to glance on my way. I don’t know if she’s angry or congratulating me that I survived my first day.

She stopped and laughed at me. “I don’t believe that your day went well and you gain a new friend.” She smiled. “I am so proud of you, Jung Yonghwa.”

I sighed. I bit my lip and replied a smile to her. “Phew. I thought you are starting a fight again.” I tapped her head. “Let’s go! My treat today.”

“Are you not familiar with this set up? Don’t you know we are always fighting?” She hissed. “That’s the only constant on our friendship.”

Shinhye seems to be joking but to me it does not make sense, it is not funny at all. “You’re still angry, I guess.”

She breaks a loud laugh and cling her arm to mine. “What are you saying, Jung Yonghwa?” Then she wiggled her arm like a kid pleasing her Mom. “Let’s go have a drink and you are paying!”

I breathed. I know that there is something wrong with the atmosphere but she keeps on dragging me just like any other days. I tapped her head and calmed my feelings. “You always choose the drink over me.”

 

***

“Cheers!”

Best word that we exclaimed when we are sitting together in a table that is filled with beers and nachos. And again I do not know when it really started. I just felt so comfortable with her that I do not need any friends beside me anymore.

“Thanks Cheers.” I smiled at her. “I enjoyed my first day, this is the first time I felt excited going to work tomorrow.”

“I told you, Yonghwa!” She replied. “You just needed a little push.”

“I don’t do dishwashing there, my co intern is a good help.” I started to tell her what I have been through the day. It feels refreshing to do a job that was not given by my parents. Thanks to you!”

She smiled. “You know that you are the one who helped me. I am just returning the favor.” Shinhye tapped my shoulder. “You seemed to be close with Park Seol already.”

“How did you know her name?” I asked.

Shinhye gulped the remaining beer on her glass. “I heard you waving goodbye at her.”

I smiled. “Why are you so tensed?” I did not see her like this.

“Why are you smiling?” She counter attacked me.

“I am not smiling, I just stretched my lips.” I composed myself and try to get back to our conversations. “Park Seol seems a nice person.”

“Everyone is a nice person to you. You also said that to the sous chef who mistreated you last time.” She blurted. “Try to say some other describing words.”

I looked at her. “Are you drunk? Did you drink some alcohol when you went to res

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter