That look

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don’t usually get calls from her asking for good drinks because I used to do it first. However now, as she cut the line I knew already I will be in trouble. I know that tone because I really don’t like hearing it. I clenched my teeth as I take a walk to my Dad’s office.

I took a deep breath and push the door. “May I come in?” I asked.

“You have already opened the door, I have no choice.” My Dad stated.

I smirked and pulled my shirt together. “About my friend, Park Shinhye-

“Why? Is there anything you want to disclose?” He cut me out.

“Yes,” I sounded firm. “I want to inform you and this whole corporation that I only pushed her application in your favor but she did not get in just because of that.”

My Dad laughed. “What is the difference between what you said? From my and the whole corporation stand point, she did get in because of connection. And whether Shinhye will be on top or not, everybody will never bother understand her.”

“Do you think what you have said will hurt her?” I asked. “I know it is my decision because she will do best. I am sure of that. But why I feel that nobody will give a chance on her?” Even Shinhye or my Dad will get mad at me, I will not care at all. Because I know this will be the best for her.

“I can’t do anything about it, Shinhye can just take her best shot and ignore the people. That attitude will make you successful.”

“Like you?” I paused. “And like how to treat me?”

“Yes and I am very proud of that.”

I nodded. “Okay. I just care about her anyways.”

My Dad stood up and taps my shoulder. “You should start caring about yourself and this company.”

I did not answer him and nodded as a sign of leaving.

 

***

I entered our favorite restaurant serving good beers. This has been our hang out place since college, but we are not drinking out lungs out back then. We are just college students that know nothing about life.

I give a nod to the son of the owner of this restaurant. “What’s up?”

“Where’s the other one?” He smiled. “Alone tonight?”

I laughed. “No, she’ll arrive any minute now.”

Then he laughed too. “Knew it. Why did I bother asking?”

I sat on the couch. “You’re getting weird.”

“No, I am just saying that I am wrong thinking you will be alone.” He paused. “Because there is no single time you guys did it.”

I stopped for a minute and tried to recall all the times I have been here. And he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter