Enough for a lifetime

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That was long time ago, Yonghwa. I think we need to cut some slack for ourselves.” She sighed.

Yonghwa finally faced Shinhye. “Are you even hearing yourself, Shinhye?”

 

Shinhye bit her lip. All along she was expecting him to call her Cheers. Maybe it is too much to ask but she clung to that hope and maybe it will be just another painful story of theirs. “Loud and clear.” That’s the only thing she said. She wanted to explain herself. She wanted to talk all the little things for him to understand – but she knows that won’t work, because she knew this man in front of him.

“Still the person I knew, blunt and straight forward. I guess, I was the only one who changed.” He smirked. “Ironically, it is because of you.” He took a step forward to Shinhye. “It’s so nice to see you, Miss Park. Let’s get along at work.” Yonghwa tapped her shoulders as a good bye then he walked out of her office.

 

Tapping her shoulders brought Shinhye’s tears to come out slowly. She knew this would happen sooner or later. Of all the things she imagined if he will meet Yonghwa, reality did knocked her off. “Why are you crying?!” She said to herself. “You are not made of this, tears are not off limits.” She tried to hold back her tears and it did not stop. She slowly sit on her chair and touched her forehead. “Maybe just for today.”

 

 

***

 

“You are only making this whole situation worse, Shin.” Dami pointed out as they are drinking at Minhyuk’s bar. “And I said we can drink at different bar, Minha will think one of us is her Mom.” She waved at Minha while his Dad is dragging her out of the bar.

“You can be her Mom.” Shinhye laughed.

“You are crazy. Crazy Shin.” Dami sighed as she shakes her head.

“How’s that crazy? Minhyuk is a single Dad before Minha hits two years old.” Shinhye explained. “Trust me, I know the story above anyone else.” She laughed again.

Dami hit Shinhye with her beer glass. “I am not talking about Minha,. I am pertaining about you, laughing like that you’re a real crazy. You’re a pro crazy.”

“Then what should I do? Cry here? So much disrespect to the beer I am drinking.” She signaled a cheer to Dami. “And I have shed some tears a while ago, that’s enough for a lifetime.”

“People who talk about lifetime are crazy people.” Dami clearly said. “So what’s your plan?”

Shinhye laughed again, this time more soundly. “I don’t have a plan and real that’s crazy.”

“Just resign.”

 

She stopped. “Resign?” Then she gulped. “Never. Never can I.”

“Why?!” Dami shouted.

 

“Aren’t you ladies calling it a day?” Minhyuk barged in. “It is nearly midnight. I might get a neighbor complaint if you are not going to lower your voices.”

“We have filed leaves for tomorrow.” Shinhye said. “So, meaning do not close the bar since we still need you. And brew some coffee we might want some later.”

“I don’t know what to say but y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter