Everybody's Like That

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seriously, buddy?”

That’s the greeting I got from this lady in front of me. I cannot hear clearly but looking at her expression, it feels like chaos will be any minute now. Still, I pulled a smile to her and cared for a seat in front of me.

“So you are not talking.”

I bit my lip.

“Don’t pretend that you cannot hear me just because DJ’s music is loud.”

I took a deep breath and smiled at her. “Hi Cheers.” I pinched her cheeks.

This time, I feel like she will burst in anger now. She stood up and pulled my hair. “You know I don’t drink on Wednesdays.” Then she sits again. “And you chose a very good place.” She said sarcastically.

“It’s the nearest to your workplace.” I smiled again. “Don’t be mad.”

She slips her bag to her chair and raised her hand, signaling to order. “You better have good reason why we are drinking.”

“Don’t worry. You’ll be amazed.” I pulled a one-shot drink as the waiter approached us.

“Give me a pint of draft beer and nachos, please.” She ordered.

I butted in. “Please make it two pint of draft beers.”

She gave a look that I automatically stated an aim. “I’m still good.”

“Seriously? With all that one-shots you have been taking for an hour? She irritatedly said.

“Cheers, please?” I feel like persuading my Mom.

“Could you please stop calling my Cheers? Not on this situation.”

 

I looked down and sighed. “Two hours ago, I am still thinking whether I will call you over or not. Since you are not drinking on Wednesdays but I feel like I need someone to talk to.”

“Okay, spill it. Don’t tell you messed up again with your work?” She calmly said.

“Bingo!” As a said it, the waiter knocked the beers. I grabbed mine.

“You never learn, Yonghwa.” She said. “Cheers?”

I smiled and respond to her. “Cheers.”

“I have told you many times; every restaurant that you enter will be same. Since you are Jung Yonghwa, your corporation is so much known to this country that they will drag you down even you work hard.”

“Was that my problem? It just happened that I am the next generation of Jung Foods Corporation but I still have the dedication.” I ranted.

She used her hand to comb her hair. She always does this when she has something important to say. “C’mon, Yonghwa.” She sighed. “Let me tell you the cycle of your internship, restaurants will hire you then higher management will know that you are a Jung. After that your Executive and Sous Chef will become aware. Ending is you will be kitchen porter but still get kick out.”

“See my hands? I think I am going to master being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter