Maybe Just Almost

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow,” Shinhye blurted which came out of her own control. “So, you call her Cheers now?”

Yonghwa stopped by her, face to face. “Did that offend you somehow?” His question was senseless, no particular expression can be seen on his face.

Shinhye looked at him. Her eyes are saying a lot of words but neither of them were heard. All she can feel right now is the iced coffee she is holding which moists from the ice is falling. Out of nowhere when she’s conversing with Seol, she forgot to ask for a sleeve – which unbelievable since she collects them. “Yes, kind of.” That’s the only answer she expressed.

“Kind of?” Yonghwa questioned. “Would that be the middle of you being peeved since I used to call you that or you see me as pathetic man because I am calling Seol with that name?”

Shinhye relaxed her shoulders and smiled like she’s being force to do it. “Do I need to answer that? Seol is waiting.”

Yonghwa smiled also, responded like how she smiled a while ago. “C’mon, I know you wouldn’t answer those kind of questions. Don’t use Seol as a reason.”

She bit her lip and sip her iced Americano. “You also know that I only drink hot coffee in the morning, but as you see I’m having iced. Don’t judge you knew everything about me, maybe just almost.” She sighed.

Yonghwa did not respond.

“But if you really want to know why I blurted kind of, because I thought for a second you’re calling on me but it’s not. Kind of maybe it’s for old times sake, but it’s not. And it is okay, I do understand.” She waved her drink as a goodbye.

 

 

“So you and her are in talking terms now?” Seol handed off a cup of coffee to Yonghwa.

“I just called her Cheers.” Yonghwa answered while he is one step further walking with Seol.

“Never heard of that name for years already.” Seol sighed. “What’s your plan?”

Yonghwa looked at Seol. “What plan?”

“Plan with me?” Seol straightly asked.

“Plan with you?” Yonghwa raised his eyebrow. “Hey, did we already draw the line with this?”

“You drew the line for you, but not me for myself.” Seol faced Yonghwa. “Are you seriously just dumping me because you are back and you can see her everyday now?”

“There’s nobody dumping anyone, Seol. I know you know that even before we landed in Italy.”

“You said you’ll try.” Seol bit her lips. “That gave me hope.”

Yonghwa patted her hair. “I tried. I apologize. But I don’t want to push it until I hurt you. I don’t want to cut ties with you, Seol. You’ve stood by me through i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter