About Coffee

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked her home. But she is not saying a word. I had the guts to walk together with her knowing that I’m tipsy enough to guide her. “Cheers, we are two blocks away. Aren’t you saying something? Just anything to break off?” I whispered but enough for her to hear it.

“I actually do not know what to say to you.” She said that with a smile. “You’re probably confused why I am smiling?”

“Actually, yes.” I sighed.

“I really don’t know what to say, but one thing for sure.” She paused. “I am the most joyful person when I heard the news.”

I stopped from walking, so she is. “You do?”

“Of course, I’m really happy. You can now make them see your worth.”

A tear fell from my face when she said that, that maybe I do have a worth. “Alcohol hits. I don’t cry a lot, you know that.”

She laughed hard. “You’re a cry baby, that’s what I know though.”

 

We reached her door and about to open. “Do you want to come in?” She asked.

I smiled a little. “I’ll pass today, Shinhye. I need to pack my things.”

“Oh yes, I forgot. You’ll be leaving on Wednesday.”

“Yes, 2 o’clock dawn.”

“So early,” she said. “You should not sleep tomorrow night anymore.”

“Will you seeing me at the airport? Like a bon voyage greeting or something?” I asked her. Actually, I do want her to accompany me at the airport but asking her directly seems inappropriate.

She massaged her right ear. “I don’t think I can, I have big meeting at Wednesday morning. Can’t afford to be late, my boss gonna kill me.”

I bit my lip. “That’s sad.”

“We can grab a dinner if you want tomorrow night.” She looked at me. “Do you want to invite our friends? We can hang out one last time before you fly.”

“No-,” I answered immediately. “I think it’s best only the two of us to go to dinner. I don’t like answering to many questions like a talk show.” I laughed.

“Thanks for bringing that up, yes let’s not invite anyone.” She laughed too. “See you tomorrow? I’ll message you.”

I inserted my hands on my pocket. “No, I’ll message you. I’ll get the best place.”

“If the best place you’re saying is at Minhyuk’s, I’ll get mad seriously this time. No alcohol tomorrow.”

“I promise. See you tomorrow. Good night, Cheers.” I patted her hair.

“Good night.” She responded and closed her door.

 

***

 

I packed my things real quick, like it only took me half an hour. “I should have killed time with Shinhye.” I went downstairs to grab some coffee. Alcohol lost it sense and gone away with the wind. I do not feel sleepy either, so grabbing coffee is the most essential thing to do. On my way to kitchen, I saw Dad sipping on his own cup. “Dad?”

“Did you already pack yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter