Are we fighting?

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am walking two steps forward than Shinhye. These two steps forward that I am not seeing her refreshed my mind. The space between us now is making me think more, making me think like a grown up person. She’s not saying a word also; this girl is also keeping the space I made just now.

I stopped for a second. My grown-up self decided to stop now and get straight to the point. As why after drinking to our favorite place we have this awkward two spaces between us. This is not our drill. This should not be our place now. We should be drinking to another place or singing on some bus stop. As I stopped, she became complete aware too and quietly stopped walking.

“What’s the matter?” Shinhye asked.

I faced her and smiled. “You know the matter, stop being a girl now.” I am not annoyed at her, it’s just that that question was so unnecessary.

She laughed. “You look so pissed right now, Jung Yonghwa. I have not seen you like that for ages.”

I shook my head. “Why did you do that? Why you have to do that?” Those questions came like wind to my lips.

She bit her lip. “Did you ever think that I must be asking those questions at you? Stop being a girl, Yonghwa.”

This time, she is really mad. And I can’t even say sorry because I don’t even want to. “Okay, about your internship.” I blurted.

“Correct me if I am wrong but are you mad at me?” She calmly asked. “From my point of view, you are not in the position to get angry, Yonghwa.”

“I am not mad,” I breathe. “I just don’t know where you are coming from. Because all I did was to endorse you, I did nothing wrong.”

Shinhye let a deep sigh. “If you did nothing wrong, then why did you not talk to me about it? We almost see every day.”

I was dumbfounded. “I-I don’t know, maybe because you will think wrong about it.”

“Seriously? After all these years, Jung Yonghwa?! I will not get angry at you if you said it to me in the first place.” Shinhye said. “Do you even know how overwhelmed I am when I thought I just got in because of you? Like I did not gave my best?”

“Don’t stress yourself, you know that you got in because you qualified. That’s it.” I said.

“Okay.” She looked at me with a straight face. “Then you must grab the job Sunghoon offered. You must.”

“What if I don’t?” I will definitely decline this freaking offer. “And seriously? Do you want me to work with that guy?”

“You will. Because you can’t get help from your Dad anymore, am I right?”

“Are we not getting over with that?” I asked.

“You are the reason why we still talk about it.” She hissed. “Tomorrow, go to this restaurant and report.” Shinhye is concluding our argument by giving a business card.

I bit my lip. “I don’t want to fight anymore with you, Cheers. But of all people, why I must work with him?” I whispered.

“Let’s go, Yonghwa. You can’t be late tomorrow.”

I sighed again. I don’t know if our fight has ended or this i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter