Two Confessions

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I was not prepared.” I repeated what I have said to Shinhye a while ago. She left an hour ago when I did not respond to her question. She is asking me what she must do.  I could not say a thing after that, scared that I might spill wrong words that will hurt her again.

Because I know that whatever words that I’ll say will hurt her, that’s the truth. I smirked. “You are such a hopeless jerk, Jung Yonghwa.” I cannot believe d that I said to her that I am not prepared when she confessed to me. Even that was my feelings back then, but at the end of the day as I man I shouldn’t have done that. I lay my body to the couch and felt the smooth pillow beside me, this is a long day. I think I need to break. Yes, I am a selfish man that wants to sleep. I closed my eyes when I received a message.

It is Shinhye.

I was not expecting a message from her, I was not expecting that she will be one who will reach out to me. Because all this time, I am sure that I was the one who is doing the first move to her.

Don’t think too much, Jung Yonghwa. Remember you have work tomorrow.

That was the message I got from her. That moment I realized that she wanted to tell me that we are living in the present. As if she making me realized that I should not bear with the past that will not ever change. I immediately stood up and get changed, I need to talk to her now.

 

***

I buzzed her doorbell twice and she opened her door. “Hi, Cheers.”

She pouted. “You are really joking me, Yonghwa.”

“Are you upset?”

“Didn’t you see my message to you? I said go to sleep.”

“You know I can’t go to sleep when I keep thinking you are angry at me.” I honestly said.

She laughed. “You are such a kid.”

I grabbed her shoulder and felt something awkward. I have always tapped and pinch her cheeks but this is the first time I have felt uncomfortable. “Thanks for the message. Sorry for being playful and for all the childish acts I pulled since then.”

She did not say anything but her eyes were locked on mine.

I bit my lower lip. “Shinhye, you know that I am so relaxed around you. I keep saying this to you but those words mean much more and I don’t know if you will understand that. More than being my friend, you are a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter