It's for your own good.

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Masked Performer} Chapter 6:

 

It's for your own good.

 

"Just like last time, huh?" The pretty boy grins as he loosens his grip on Jungsuh's wrist.

 

Jungsuh merely stares shocked and confused.

 

With his classic "sly" grin, Jimin quickly places something into Jungsuh's hand and folds her fingers around it tightly. Jungsuh had absolutely no idea what is was but that it was kind of hard and cold?

 

She looks from her enclosed hand to Jimin and back again.

 

"W-Wha-?"

 

"Next time," Jimin begins.

 

Jungsuh just stares listening.

 

"Next time we meet again, show me this and hopefully..." he releases her hand and smiles cutely.

 

"when we meet again, we properly greet each other and properly say our temporary goodbyes to each other. We always meet in awkward situations and you're always in a rush." He gleams.

 

Jungsuh blushes at his cute demure and bows.

 

"Um... s-sure." She looks back up and smiles.

 

"Hopefully that happens!"

 

"Jungsuh!" Hyunsoo groans in depleting patience.

 

She looks back apologetic and bows once more to the boys.

 

Quickly, she jumps back into the car and waves goodbye. The boys return the favor and smile as the car drives away.

 

It was then an awkward silence as the boys stare at each other.

 

"So... uh...." Hoseok speaks up as he walks toward the company entrance doors.

 

"Cold~" Taehyung shivers as he waddles away after Hobi.

 

"Hyung! Wait for me!" Jungkook calls out as he chases after them.

 

With a disappointed sigh, Namjoon motions everyone else to return.

 

Yoongi trudges by Jimin and looks over to him curiously.

 

"What was that?" He asks.

 

Jimin turns to him questioningly.

 

"Hm?"

 

Yoongi raises his hand out and then clamps it in reenactment of the event a few minutes ago.

 

"Ah~ that." Jimin understands. He smirks and looks down at his feet.

 

"It's as I said. Next time we meet her properly, she can give it back and I can really test our fate."

 

Yoongi stares at him with a furrowed brow.

 

"Fate?" He questions.

 

Jimin nods and holds out a thin chain with a miniature key hanging on it. It was about the size of a penny and shined in a lustrous silver.

 

Yoongi stares at him confuse. "And that is?...."

 

"A key. I gave her the lock. It was a something I bought when we went shopping yesterday and I thought it would be a nice gamble." 

 

Yoongi scoffs and wraps his arm around his childish friend. 

 

"That's a harsh gamble. Especially with such an expensive thing."

 

Jimin nudges him and scoffs back.

 

"I'm not doing it for the fun of it. I just wanted to test our fate."

 

"Luck." Yoongi corrects.

 

Jimin pushes his Hyung off and sticks his tongue out.

 

"Fate, Hyung."

 

With that he dashes away, catching up with the others.

 

Yoongi merely trudges along slowly and watches as the Maknae line jump and tease each other. The older ones just stroll and chitchat.

 

"Fate, huh?" Yoongi sighs as he pushes the absurdity away and hastens his speed.

 

***************************************

 

Back at Lotus Garden, the staff were busy serving the customers and chatting with guests. It was a bit calming on this chilly Sunday, with all the older guests in attendance. Usually from noon to early evening, the bar was filled with adults who came for the luxury of it or to kill their depression. Sometimes it was filled with chattering youths who just wanted to party, but today there were none.

 

Jungsuh was sitting in one of the empty seating booths, alone.

 

Silently, she sits staring at the lovely silver lock, it was the size of a quarter and was connected to a similarly grey colored chain.

 

She slowly lifts it up and lets it hang from her hand. Staring she, examines the item with curiosity.

 

"It's pretty." She comments.

 

Staring, she notices the key hole and examines it closer.

 

"It needs a key... I wonder..." She picks at the hole curiously.

 

Suddenly, someone comes from behind Jungsuh and sits in front of her.

 

She looks up and sees Hyunsoo tiredly look at her curiously.

 

"What's that?" He asks as he tries to take the lock.

 

Jungsuh quickly pulls away and clenches the item in her hand.

 

"Nothing."

 

Hyunsoo eyes her and clicks his tongue.

 

"Always has been the secretive type, huh?"

 

Jungsuh rolls her eyes. 

 

"What's it to you?" She sighs as she sets her arm on top of the counter and lays her chin in her palms.

 

"I'm guessing it's from one of the boys?" He mocks.

 

Jungsuh looks at him a bit astounded at his sharp intuitions.

 

"You keep bringing them up today." She complains. Stuffing the lock into her jacket pocket, she places her other hand under her chin and stares at Hyunsoo cheekily.

 

"Jealous?" She pokes fun.

 

Hyunsoo flicks her in the head, hard, and scoffs. Jungsuh rubs her head in pain and glares daggers at Hyunsoo.

 

"Yah!"

 

Hyunsoo smirks and looks at her in victory.

 

"As if. I'm just cautious. It's been years since you've actually acquainted yourself with people, much less with boys." Sighing, the older youth hands Jungsuh an apron and stands up.

 

"Come on. You've gotten your rest. Jun needs you to help serve the guest while he runs out for an errand." He moves out of the booth and stands next to her, waiting for her to get up.

 

"Errand? I thought we got all what he needed?" Jungsuh groans as she takes the apron and stands.

 

"A sudden change happened to today's events and guest list. So he's off to get some supplies."

 

"Change?" Jungsuh questions, putting on her apron.

 

Hyunsoo smiles and pats her head.

 

"Don't worry. It doesn't affect your performance tonight." He strolls off to the bar booth and continues with the customers.

 

"Huh?" Jungsuh stares, dumbfounded.

 

Without an answer, Jungsuh wasn't able to comprehend the situation, but eventually shrugs it off and heads off to the restaurant area.

 

At one of the tables, sat a petite and dolled-up girl. She had long curly hair the shade of a hazelnut brown and a very cute and pale face. Her outfit consisted of a white tank, a warm light pink crop sweater, a floral skirt, white leggings with a lace overlay, and stylish brown ankle boots.

 

She also had what seemed like a name brand purse and light but fashionable jewelry. Her purse hung on the corner of her chair and her legs seemed to dangle a bit from the high chair.

 

Jungsuh spotted her and wondered to herself a bit worried.

 

"A girl like her alone in a bar?" She wonders as she passes by and enters the kitchen.

 

Inside, Jungsuh is met by a large man suiting the classic chef attire and a woman, whom as well, suited the same attire but ladies version.

 

They were the head chefs of the place and ruled the kitchen respectfully. No one else was around as the part-timers had left and the night workers were not to arrive till four. It was 3:50. Almost time.

 

The chef lady looks at Jungsuh and beams a bright smile.

 

"Hey, Jungsuh!" She greets happily.

 

"Hey, Milla." She greets back.

 

Milla Choi. She was a very good-looking woman. Living in her thirties, Milla was a half-Korean and half-Italian woman who had majored in the culinary arts. She was a very interesting and smart lady who loved cooking as much as life and seemed to be the friendliest of the friendliest.

 

She had golden blonde curly hair, a thin and delicate face, and a slim figure. She was also particularly tall.

 

Jungsuh smiles and heads on over to the serving table and examined the platters.

 

"Are you all finished and ready for me to serve?" She asks as she turns back around to the two.

 

The other person, a man the size of The Rock and had an expression of a militia general, stood silently concentrated on the food he was preparing.

 

Jungsuh slowly walks over to him and watched diligently.

 

"Ryo?" She calls out. The tough guy slowly looks up with his steel eyes and stone expression. It was a look that could freeze you in seconds and slice you up to nothing.

 

But, upon seeing the young lady, the big guy drops his cold demure and smiles.

 

His eyes soften and a gentle smile wipes away the coldness.

 

"Jungsuh." He speaks with a low echo in his voice.

 

Jungsuh grins and points to the plates behind her.

 

"Are they ready?" She asks once again.

 

Ryo nods. Jungsuh bows in acknowledgment and turns to the food as he returns to his meticulous work of art. A plate of his most famous dish, The Fall Love.

 

It was a deliciously irresistible cake that was warm and soft inside with a crispy and sweet coating. On top, a thin layer of frozen buttercream icing, a scoop of any flavored ice cream (right now it was vanilla), dashes of fresh shreds of chocolate, and any preferred fruit (in this case a strawberry).

 

Now, it would be shocking that a guy this tough looking and brutal seeming guy would be the creator of this amazingly beautiful cake, and it is. But, it was true.

 

His looks may be deceiving, but he was the sweetest guy you could ever meet and had a heart of gold. He even has a pet cat named Lulu and a pet dog named Repede.

(Cliche, I know. But I couldn't help myself...( ̄▽ ̄;) )

 

Anyways, Jungsuh gathers two of the plates into each of her hands and carefully walks out of the kitchen.

 

In each plate was a small label on which table it belonged to, so Jungsuh had no trouble in finding what went where.

 

She continued this process for a while until she got to a specifically troublesome table.

 

"Table 5, your order is here." She tells as she professionally sets the plates of food onto the table before the customers.

 

It was a man and woman. Jungsuh presumed they were on a date, but being in this line of work for a while, she found out that "presumptions" of why a customer is present at the club isn't always straight on the target.

 

The two thank her as they gleam happily at the food.

 

Jungsuh bows and turns to return to her job, but is stopped by the man.

 

"Young lady." He calls out.

 

Jungsuh hesitantly turns around and smiles.

 

"Yes?"

 

The man was in his mid-thirties and looked to be a capable business man. The woman was just as elegantly professional looking and just seemed to continue on with her food.

 

"What's your name?" He asks all of a sudden.

 

Jungsuh was confused and suspicious of him but answers anyways.

 

"Jungsuh, sir."

 

The suspicious man nods and eyes her head to toe.

 

Jungsuh looks at him and tilts her head nervously.

 

"May I ask why?" She asks politely as possible.

 

"You have a pretty name, Miss Jungsuh." He compliments, dodging the question.

 

Jungsuh becomes slightly irritated and bows to him. "Well, then..." she begins to turn around until the man suddenly grabs her by the wrist and pulls her closer to him.

 

This shocks Jungsuh and she automatically tries to pull away. But the guy's grip was tight.

 

"H-Hey!" She yelps.

 

A sly grin paints the man's face as he wraps an arm around her waist.

 

"You have a nicely fit body." He comments as he squeezes her.

 

Jungsuh flinches in disgust and moves around awkwardly.

 

"S-sir."

 

"What do you think about accompanying me and Lena here back home?" He asks with a sneer.

 

The lady before him, known as Lena, giggles and blushes at his proposal.

 

"She so young?!" She then places her arms on the table, enclosing her fingers together and lays her chin on the back of her hands.

 

"But the more the merrier." She smiles lustfully.

 

Jungsuh's insides churned and she felt like hurling.

 

What the actual f***k?!

 

With a strong push, Jungsuh, now very disturbed and nauseous, pulls away sighing in relief.

 

Quickly, she faces the two and bows.

 

"I'm sorry, but I have no intentions of joining you two in your little...." she pauses and looks up.

 

"ual affair." She finishes with a irritated tone.

 

Lifting herself up, she smiles and turns away, but not before the man scoffs and mumbles something, unluckily, she hears what he mumbles.

 

"B**ch. No wonder this place is trash."

 

Jungsuh stops in her tracks and clenches her fist in growing fury.

 

With a swift turn, she refaces the two and breaks her courteous smile with a cold glare.

 

"Excuse me, sir, but we don't tolerate rude behavior in here."

 

The man scoffs and stares in disbelief.

 

"What?" He questions, as though expecting her to apologize.

 

Obviously not.

 

Jungsuh sighs and placed her hands on her hips.

 

"Please retain from doing any inappropriate or unnecessary practice in this club." She warns with an overpowering tone.

 

The man scoffs and glares back at Jungsuh.

 

"Yah? You want to ruin yourself?" He rises from his seat and walks over to Jungsuh. Hovering over her all almighty, he smirks.

 

"I can pull you down with one word."

 

Jungsuh smirks and pokes the man on the chest.

 

"Try anything and you'll be the one to be pull down."

 

He immediately steps back and suddenly grabs her hand. With a swift move, he forces Jungsuh to whack the plate on his table and spill the food all over Lena.

 

"KYAH!" Lena screams in horror as her luxurious dress is ruined with barbecue sauce and steak grease.

 

"The hell?!" The man yells as he quickly releases Jungsuh's arm.

 

The entire bar goes quiet as the troublemakers stare in "disbelief". Only the low rhythm of the background music played.

 

Immediately, Hyunsoo comes dashing over and examines the mess.

 

"What happened?" He asks as he looks from Jungsuh to the couple.

 

Jungsuh was about to speak until the lady furiously blurts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter