Closer than expected

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Masked Performer} Chapter 11:

Closer than expected

 

Sh*t.

 

Jungsuh stood before the young idol in complete shock and bewilderment. Her mind grew blank and all she could think of was how much she had just messed up. Actually, messed up was just putting it lightly, she freaking screwed the heck up.

 

All yesterday, she was trying so hard to avoid the boys and try not to get caught. She lied to them, she hid from them, and she just outright avoided any contact. She was on a role! But of course, the gods of luck despised Jungsuh's a** and she had to be caught the next day. Great.

 

The shocked girl stood before Taehyung and stared at him confused. How the heck is she supposed to clean this up? Before she could even move or say a word, the cutie pie smiled with his adorable boxy smile and greeted her happily, oblivious of her internal struggle.

 

“Ahn-yeong! Jungsuh!” He gleamed. Jungsuh tried regaining her composure and stood straight. She slowly waved at him and pulled out a meek smile. “Ahaha... Hey, Taehyung.”

 

“What brings you here?” He asked, not knowing the true nature of the situation. Jungsuh thought for a second and wondered. How was she supposed to fix this? How was she supposed to explain this? Lie Jungsuh, lie. But she reeeaaally didn't want to. Yet, telling the truth would only worsen things, though lying was equally the same. Jungsuh was screaming inside. Why did this have to happen? After a quick struggle and mental breakdown, she mentally beat herself up and gave up. With a nervous gulp, she looked up at Tae and plastered a weak smile.

 

“I, uh... came to visit the bar a bit and was helping out in the back.” Jungsuh fibbed. Taehyung nodded and easily took the bait. “Ahhh~ Of course you would. Jun is the boss.” He smiled. Jungsuh nodded and chuckled a bit awkwardly. “Y-Yeah...”


“AH!” He gasped as he took a hold of the girl's hand and pulled it close to his chest. “Jungsuh! Since you're here, come on over with us!” He beamed innocently. Jungush tilted her head awkwardly and stared at him with a bit of fear. “H-huh?” Without answering, the idol boy pulled onto Jungsuh and dragged her over to the large booth that the rest of the boys were sitting at. They watched in astonishment and amusement as the fellow member dragged the flustered lady over.

 

“Guess who I found?!” Taehyung grinned proudly. He quickly pulled Jungsuh over and beside him, placing an arm around her shoulders, wrapping her up like a proud boyfriend. The rest of the boys look up and over the two and greeted Jungush with courtesy. “What a pleasant surprise!” Namjoon grinned at her, revealing his cute dimples. Jungsuh nodded and bowed toward the men with a shy smile. “H-hello.”

 

“What brings you here?” He asked. Jungsuh paused and thought. “Um... I uh...”

“She came to visit and was helping out backstage!” Taehyung answered for her. Jungsuh looked at Taehyung and then back at Namjoon nodding. “Oh? Okay. We didn't know you came here.” Namjoon smiled and placed his arms on the table. “Why don't you sit and hang out with us? If you are finished with what you need to do that is.” Jimin chimed in.

 

“Yeah! We can chat and watch the performance together!” Hobi agreed with a grin. Jungsuh laughed an unsure laugh and sighed. “I, uh...” She was then interrupted by the Maknae's delighted tone. “It would be nice!” He shyly assured.

 

Jungsuh shook her head and smiled in guilt. “Sorry, but I... uh... still have some things to attend to. Maybe... maybe next time.” She bowed and removed herself from Taehyung's grasp. Moving away she bowed once more. “Thank you for the offer though.”

 

“Awww... Come on Jungsuh. You don't even work here.” Taehyung pouted. “Yeah, Jungsuh. You don't even work here.” Hyunsoo remarked with a snarky attitude. Jungsuh glared daggers at the man and sighed. “I'm sorry. But its important.”

 

“More important than me?” Taehyung said with puppy-eyes. Jungsuh sighed and looked at him in guilt. This man trying her patience with his cute demeanor; it was working. But, she took a breath in and patted his head. “Sorry.” The young man pouted and looked down sadly. “Hmph. Jungsuh doesn't like me...”

 

Jungsuh scoffed lightly and rubbed his head gently. “W-what are you talking about? Of course I like you. I'm... I'm just busy.” The puppy boy just moped and sat down with a pout. “Come on, Taehyung. Jungsuh is just preoccupied at the moment. Let her be.” Jin advised as he patted his friend's back. “Okay.” He finally agreed.

 

Jungsuh sighed in relief and began walking away after saying her farewells but, was stopped by a sudden hand. Turning around, she was face-to-face with none-other than Min Yoongi. The guy seemed to have quickly gotten out of his seat and latched onto her before she could walk off any further. Looking at him curiously she questioned his motives.

 

“Y-Yes?” She questioned him with a surprised tone. He quickly let go of her and shyly looked away, noticing his small mistake. The other guys looked at him curiously. It was a first that the tough guy just suddenly stood up and grabbed onto a girl so quickly. Just as fast as he let her go, he put his hand into his pocket and pulled something out. It was her phone.

 

“Oh! Oh yeah! My phone!” Jungsuh gasped as she took the device from his hands. “Yeah. You dropped it at our place this morning. Thought I'd give it back.” He explained as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Jungush smiled and bowed to him in thanks. “Thank you so much! I was looking for it all morning.” Suga blushed a little and nodded. Her smile was new and she looked... cute.

 

Bowing once more, she thanked him and the boys and quickly left back to the backstage doors. Sitting back down, Yoongi cleared his throat and looked up at Hyunsoo. “So, what's the menu today.” He asked as though nothing had ever happened. The other members scoffed at his cool play but obliged to the act as they too were getting peckish.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The night went on as usual and the worst was avoided thanks to Jungsuh's quick thinking. Or more the fact that she was good at lying and had the advantage that Taehyung wasn't the smartest of the pack. No offense. She also got her phone back, so that was a plus.

 

Whatever the case, the night was successful and the performance went on as planned. Though, that night, Jungsuh finally met with Jun and he and her had to speak privately. He had met her up after the performance and had announced that she would not be performing on Sunday nights anymore as well as having late night performances during her class days. This was for her sake in the fact she was now attending a more prestigious school and that studying was more important. Though, Jungsuh didn't quite understand the change being she had always attended school with this schedule and had no problem. But if it meant she got more free time, it didn't bother her one bit. She was glad to be honest. It gave her more time to herself.

 

It was now Sunday morning and the last day before Jungsuh was to go to her new school. It was also the day she had gotten free time from work. Since she was not performing tonight, she had no need to worry about rehearsals and practice as well as going to work at all. Jun had given her a day off so she was free the entire day.

 

Jungsuh was lazing around in the living room watching TV as she munched on some Honey Butter Chips and sipped on some Dr. Pepper (those that get this reference, I heartue you). Not the healthiest of food options but there wasn't much else in the house that was feeling up to Jungsuh's appetite at the moment. She was looking kinda messy as well. Her hair was tied in a messy ponytail with her white jeggings, white tank, and her slightly over sized beige jumper. It was a pretty chilly day, so she decided to dress warm and laze around.

 

Sitting all slouched and awkward on the couch, Jungsuh sighed as she flipped through the channels. Nothing interesting was on at this time of day. All the drama's were not airing till later tonight and the more interesting news wasn't until later this afternoon. As she surfed the channels, she randomly landed on a news channel that had a subtitle that caught her eye.

 

“BTS Huge Conference.”

 

“BTS? Ah! I remember. They were to have a huge announcement today.” Looking at the screen she wondered. “Is it now?” Curious, she stayed on the channel and endured the odd commercials until the thing returned.

 

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Today we have presented you a huge conference set up by BTS's company: BigHit Entertainment.” A bright and youthful news reporter beamed as she motioned the cameraman to the large stage that awaited the boys. “It was announced that the boys will be announcing something very huge to all the fans out there in the world!”

 

Jungsuh watched intently as the cameraman moved around to allow the view of the conference room to be seen and the hordes of reporters around swarmed like ants. What was it that was so important that they had to have such an extravagant meeting? It was like they were announcing a disbandment, which was unlikely since they are literally are in their prime-times at the moment. Plus, Jungsuh had just recently met them and they all seemed so calm and chill. Whatever it was, she wasn't expecting something trivial nor too over-the-top.

 

Suddenly, a loud holler of people began roaring throughout the place. The seven men were walking across the stage and over to their seats before the large crowd of people. “It has seems like the conference will be starting! Let us listen in and find out what this commotion is all about.” The lady nodded toward the cameraman and they both sat down, watching the boys.

 

Jungsuh was a bit on edge and curious about the events to come. She watched as the boys sat and comforted themselves into the seats. They smiled and waved at the audience and gestured motions of love toward some of the fans that were in the back. Jungsuh smiled a bit at their loving actions and wondered to herself how they were so accustomed to cheesy things like so.

 

After a while of small chatting and common questions being answered, the crew finally came to the main reason this conference was called forward. Suddenly, a middle-aged man came walking from the back and stood in between Rap Monster and Jin, who were sitting in the middle of the table. It was Bang Si-hyuk. BTS's big boss and the CEO of BigHit.

 

He took hold of the mic that Rap Monster had and gazed around the large room. With a deep breath, he raised the mic to his mouth and began to speak.

 

“Today, I have called you all to this conference to announce a very crucial and well thought-out decision that I and the rest of BigHit have come to terms to.” He began with a low and stern tone. “As we all know, Bangtan has been working constantly for the past four years to please both their fans and themselves. It has been a long and tiring feat that has led our boys to where they are now.” Bang-PDnim looked down and over to the boys with a smile.

 

“I am proud of them and happy for them and I also care for them like my own sons. And because of that love, I want what is best for them. To be blunt, I want them to take time off to prepare themselves to the future as well for the obstacles ahead.” The man took a huge breath and looked over the room sternly. “By the approval by me and the boys, today I announce that Bangtanseonyeondan will be going on a one to two year hiatus.”

 

At the announcement of such, the entire room gasped and immediately began muttering and mumbling to each other.

 

“Are they serious?”

“Wouldn't that put their popularity at risk?”

“Hiatus? Almost sounds like a disbandment!”

“What?! BTS on hiatus? Isn't that risky?”

“This must be a joke? They just finished a comeback.”

“What will the fans say?”

 

Bang Si-hyuk sighed and continued his announcement. “By my request and the boys request, we would like that everyone please understand the circumstances of this choice. The boys are tired and need time to themselves. I would like that all news reporters and fans please understand and leave the boys be during this break.” The man bowed and immediately handed the mic to Namjoon.

 

“This hiatus will be a nice break for us and will allows us to recuperate. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter