Her new rival?!

3,2,1 ... {The Masked Performer}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Masked Performer Chapter 14:

Her new rival?!

 

“What is your relationship with our Bangtan Oppas?” Heejoo repeated with a more intimidating tone.

 

Jungsuh stared at this preppy girl with a look of both disbelief and confusion. What was this girl's business in wanting to know about Jungsuh's relationship with BTS? It wasn't like this girl was any of the boy's girlfriend... right? It couldn't be. She must be some sort of friend maybe? Or more likely, a fan.

 

Being that Jungsuh wasn't up to causing a ruckus nor starting any unwanted rumors, she took a breath in and decided to be truthful without revealing too much information.

 

“I was acquainted with the boys a few days back and we eventually became friends. There is nothing more to our relationship.” She explained. Though, she was still a bit hesitant about calling them her “friends”. They did call and consider her one, but with their relationship being so abrupt and quick, Jungsuh was still uneasy about the entire thing. Yet, she didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, best to just go with the flow.

 

Heejoo tried to keep a sort of calm demeanor, but Jungsuh could see the annoyance and displease in her eyes. “Is... that so?” The lady spoke sounding a bit unsure. Jungsuh then let out a small sigh and folded her arms over her chest. She really wanted to walk away from her. This was all just a stupid confrontation that served no purpose to Jungsuh. “Is that all, Heejoo-sunbaenim?” she asked, hoping for it would be all. She wanted to be left alone already. Knowing some BTS fans, they will pester the living crap out of you to obtain the information they wanted. Jungush wasn't up for that task.

 

Heejoo then smirked slyly and placed a hand to her hip. Jungsuh watched with annoyance as she did and presumed that she was going to get an ear full. “Kang Jungsuh-agassi.” The girl called out to her. Jungsuh looked at her and nodded in reply. “If what you tell me is true, then I would like to tell you something.” She began. Jungsuh groaned internally and wanted to just leave already.

 

“I-”

 

BEEEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!!!~

 

Heejoo was then suddenly cut off by a loud car horn. The two immediately looked over to where the sound came from, and parked behind Jungsuh was a sleek and silver convertible. Inside, she could see Hyunsoo motioning her to hurry up. Jungsuh smiled and sighed in relief. “Thank the lord.”

 

She quickly turned to face Heejoo again and bowed. “I am sorry Heejoo-sunbaenim. But, I have to get going. Maybe next time.” She bowed once more and quickly dashed over to the car, happily. As she hustled in, Jungsuh smiled to Hyunsoo and sighed. “Thanks for coming. You saved me.” Hyunsoo looked at her confused, but shrugged it off. He started the car and quickly drove off, leaving a shocked Heejoo behind.

“What the heck?” She scoffed, not believing that this girl just up and ditched her at the curb. Taking a minute to process it all, Heejoo groaned and stomped back to the school, frustrated. But as she approached the student parking lot, she spots Jihyun walking over to her own car. Heejoo smirked and quickly caught up to her. “Jihyun-ah!” She called out. Jihyun froze in her steps as her expression went from calm to fearful.

 

“Jihyun-ah!” She called out again cutely. She reached the girl and gently wrapped an arm around Jihyun's arm. “Jihyun-ah? Mind doing me a favor?” Heejoo gleamed with a tone of mischief. Jihyun slowly turned to face the girl and looked at her fearful. “H-huh?” Heejoo smirked and whispered something into her ear. Once she was finished, Jihyun's eyes shot open and she quickly pulled away. “H-Heejoo-unnie! I-I...”

 

“You what?” Heejoo asked sternly. Jihyun shivered and looked down at her feet pitifully. “I... I can't....” And then she immediately dashed away into her car and drove off. Heejoo scoffed and crossed her arms to her chest. “Oh, yes you will.”

 

Back with Jungsuh and Hyunsoo, the two were having a leisurely chat. “…and so, after I explained our relationship, she preceded to talk to me more, then you came and saved me.” Hyunsoo nodded as he took in the story Jungsuh had told. “She looked like those annoying pestering types that think they can get anything they want.” Hyunsoo commented. Jungsuh scoffed and continued to fiddle with her seat belt.

 

“I don't know. I only have her for like, one class and I don't want to associate myself with her.” Jungsuh told. Hyunsoo nodded and tapped his index finger on the steering wheel. “Figured much. What about that cute girl that hangs out at Lotus lately? You two seem to be getting close.” Jungsuh looked over to him a bit shocked. “Jihyun?” Hyunsoo nodded. “That her name?” Jungsuh nodded and looked back toward the front. “Mm. We talk. Not much, but we chat in class and she has been texting me here and there.”

 

Hyunsoo smiled and nodded. “That's good. At least you're making friends.” Jungsuh being Jungsuh had always been distant from people due to incidents in her past. Hence, she tended to avoid people and conversations. Seeing her associate more with people, especially with those of her age range, was a nice change.

 

“Hm. I’m not a pitiful loner you know?” Jungsuh pouted. Hyunsoo chuckled and nodded. “I know. But, I am happy you are making new friends. Even with BTS.” Jungush perked up a bit when she heard the name, BTS. That was right. She was “friends” with BTS. BTS the biggest idol boy group to date. A normal girl like her was friends with them. Who’d thought?

 

“I can’t believe it myself. It wasn’t intended.” Jungush smiled as she shifted in her seat and stared out the window. “Nothing in life is intended.” Hyunsoo comments before they finally reached the bar.

 

The two continue into the building and eventually split up when entering the hallway to the dressing rooms. “Hey.” Hyunsoo called out to Jungsuh abruptly. She immediately stopped in the middle of opening the door and turn to him curiously. “Yes?” She spoke curtly.

 

“Jun had a sudden meeting in Japan today, so he won’t be home tonight. He said he’d be back by tomorrow afternoon or night.” Hyunsoo informed. Jungsuh sighed and nodded. “Why doesn’t he tell me, his housemate, first, but tells you first?” She questioned. Hyunsoo shrugged and opened the door to the men’s dressing room. “I don’t know…” With that, he leaves Jungush and heads into the room. Jungsuh sighed again and walked into the women’s dressing room.

 

Inside, she quickly changed and then dashed out, starting on work. There were not many people today in the bar, so work was easier and less chaotic. Jungsuh was in hopes to speak to Jihyun about her whole situation, but it had seemed like she didn’t come. Jungsuh waited and watched out for her the remaining of the evening and still no sign of Jihyun.

 

“I thought she said she was coming today?” Jungsuh questioned as she finished clearing the remaining of the empty tables. Her shift was almost over and she had to go rehearse for tonight’s show. She looked around once more just to make sure. Still, she saw no sign of the cute girl. So, she gave up and proceeded to the dressing rooms to prepare for the show.

 

Inside the backstage practice room, the band mates were already tuning and getting ready for cue. Jungsuh had just finished her rehearsals and was rearing to go. Her make-up neatly pampered, her hair all tidied up, and her outfit set and ready.

 

“Five minutes until show!” A staff member yelled out through the door as he passed the room. The band members all stretched and cheered as they got ready to go up on stage. “Jungush, good luck today as always!” One of them encouraged her as he patted her shoulder reassuringly. Jungsuh smiled and nodded toward him. “Thank you.” Jungsuh wasn’t that nervous today and since the Bangtan boys were not there, she was stress free. Slowly, she took a breath in and held her mask tightly in her arms. “Let’s—”

DING~

Suddenly, Jungsuh’s phone had alerted. “Huh?” Quickly, she picked up the device and examined the caller ID. “Park Jimin.”

 

“What the?!” Jungush stared a bit, flabbergasted at the messenger. “What does he need right now?” She opened the message and read his text.

Hey! It’s Jimin!

I was wondering if U have the notes for Mrs. Kim’s Music History class? I don’t remember the dates & I didn’t write them down…

 

Jungsuh sighed and scratched her head a bit troubled. Well, she did have her backpack with her and she had the notes, but she was to go on stage soon. It would take a few minutes to find it and send a pic to Jimin. Not only that, but she had to put it all back afterwards. Sighing, she concluded to send it to him after the show and hoped that it wouldn’t be too late.

 

Jungsuh:

I’m sorta busy right now.

I’ll send it later. K?

 

Jimin:

(typing…)

Okay ^^

 

Jungsuh smiled and quickly set her phone down. “Ah! Wait!” Quickly, she pulled out her phone and set a reminder. “Okay. Just so I don’t forget.” And with that, she quickly dashed backstage and they started the show.

 

 

It was already about 10:30 and Hyunsoo was driving Jungsuh home.

“I won’t be able to send you to school tomorrow morning, Jungsuh.” Hyunsoo told as he drove. Jungsuh looked at him curiously. “Why?” She asked. Hyunsoo exhaled and the corner heading to the house. “A friend of mine needs me to help him out at his place early in the morning. I promised to help.” He explained. Jungsuh nodded as she fiddled with the rim of her shirt.

 

“Everyone is ditching me.” She complained. Hyunsoo chuckled and rubbed her head. “Make sure to wake up early to catch the bus or a taxi.” He playfully ruffled her hair and then continued to drive. Jungsuh huffed and crossed her arms. “Sure.”

 

They reached the large home and Jungsuh bid her goodbyes. “See ya tomorrow.” She waved to him through the passenger window. Hyunsoo smiled and waved back. “Make sure to lock the doors and check the security. Also, make sure to keep your phone on and charged just in case anything happens.” He nagged. Jungsuh laughed and nodded. “I know. Bye.” But, Hyunsoo continued to nag until Jungsuh was finally able to push him away.

 

Once he left, she sighed and headed toward the gates. “He is always like this.” And he was. Since she first met him, Hyunsoo had a very protective aura that appeared when she was around or mentioned. It wasn’t anything bad nor anything creepy. She didn’t mind much since he made sure to keep his distance and calm. Though, the protectivity he gave increased significantly after a certain incident. She understood his reasoning, but it was something of the past and something that is not needed to be pitying over.

 

Jungush quickly locked the gates and doors as she entered the house and headed straight to her room. She was exhausted from the day’s work and wanted to sleep. Luckily, she had finished her homework earlier during break at work and her other work was not due until the next following days. She was ready to plop dead on the bed. But, she needed to shower and clean up before that.

 

She quickly headed to the bathroom and took a warm shower. She stood in the roomy rectangular enclosure and allowed the warm beads of water to calm her body. It felt nice and cleansing to feel the droplets envelope her. The warmth and relief she needed. She then let her mind wonder and thought back to the moment she had met Heejoo.

 

It was an unpleasant meeting and something she wished not to happen again. Jungsuh had a gut feeling that this Heejoo was not fond of her and nor was she going leave her alone. Jungsuh’s relationship with BTS has gotten a little too far to actually go back and pretend they didn’t know each other. And because she now knew the boys, Heejoo, and any other fan that may eventuall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter